Bonus Chapter- Engraved Memories

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soft giggles came from a corner of the cafe, a few girls seated together sipping on their coffee as they watched the live performance happening before them. Sehun glanced over at them with an irritated expression, not appreciating their frequent visits lately. It was obvious they weren’t really here for the coffee.

 

The cafe had gotten a lot busier ever since Chanyeol hired Baekhyun to perform piano in the mornings. So much busier in fact, that Chanyeol and Kyungsoo began searching for some extra staff, and Sehun quickly jumped at the chance to become one of their baristas. The idea of coming into work and seeing Baekhyun every morning was more than enough to make him quit his other job.

 

Little did Sehun realize, he was also a contributor to the increased traffic at the cafe. No longer hiding in a corner wearing pajamas, he attracted a lot more attention in his nicely fitting uniform serving drinks. Girls flocked from all over town to come see both Sehun and Baekhyun, not to mention the handsome managers as well. However, Baekhyun did tend to get a little more attention, since girls were quickly impressed with his skill at playing an instrument.

 

Sehun watched in annoyance as girls often went to chat with Baekhyun while he played, Baekhyun sweetly smiling back at them like he did with everyone he talked to. Sehun honestly couldn’t tell if Baekhyun was ever interested in any of the girls or not, or if he liked girls at all, since he gave them all the same equal amount of attention. He was just so kind, he made anyone feel like they were special.

 

He treated Sehun the same way, giving him a warm smile whenever he came over to give him a drink. Sehun was too shy to talk much, and always ended up leaving before they could have a decent conversation. Still, he had managed to learn a few things about Baekhyun. He was a professional pianist, which wasn’t a surprise, and usually performed with a local orchestra. However, playing at the cafe gave him a chance to express his creative freedom, allowing him to play whatever he wanted. It also was a great way to make some extra cash, and help out his family friend Chanyeol with his business.

 

Chanyeol had no idea how much help Baekhyun was going to be though. He just figured a change in the live performance might draw in more customers, not taking into account Baekhyun’s good looks. It was all going so well, that Chanyeol and Kyungsoo decided to throw a little celebration.

 

“Hey.” Chanyeol smiled, approaching the piano as Baekhyun finished his song, “You’re not busy tonight are you?”

 

Baekhyun shook his head, looking at Chanyeol curiously, “No, why? What’s up?”

 

“Kyungsoo and I just wanted to take you and the other employees out for a little fun. Our treat.”

 

“Really? Thanks!” Baekhyun smiled back, “Where to?”

 

“There’s this great bar just around the corner from here. I’ll send you the address later.”

 

Baekhyun nodded, a sweet smile still on his face, “Ok, sounds fun.”

 

Sehun looked up from the drink he was making, overhearing the conversation they were having. He couldn’t help noticing the mention of the other employees being invited as well. It sounded like a perfect opportunity to hang out with Baekhyun, that is if he could work up the courage to actually talk to him for once.

 

He watched as Chanyeol suddenly covered his mouth, whispering something to Baekhyun that made him laugh. The only thing he could hear was Baekhyun’s answer, a quiet ‘thank you’ accompanied with a bashful smile. 

 

After Chanyeol left him alone, Baekhyun started to collect his things. He swung his bag over his shoulder before he looked over at Sehun, sending him a smile and a small wave goodbye. Sehun waved back, trying not to obviously blush as he watched him walk over to the door.

 

“See you tonight.” Baekhyun spoke in a chipper voice, pushing open the door as he looked back over at Sehun.

 

“See you tonight.” Sehun replied, lowering his eyes slowly in embarrassment.

 

 

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

 

 

Baekhyun was the last person to arrive, showing up a few minutes after everyone had already ordered their drinks. Coming over to the bar, Baekhyun quickly greeted Chanyeol and Kyungsoo before choosing to take a seat next to Sehun. Sehun watched nervously as Baekhyun got situated on his stool, and then blushed as Baekhyun turned to give him a warm smile.

 

“Hi Sehun.”

 

“Hi.” Sehun answered as he lowered his eyes to stare at his drink instead.

 

He listened as Baekhyun ordered his drink, chatting with the other employees next to him for a moment as he waited for it. Sehun didn’t have the confidence to look over at Baekhyun again to strike up a conversation, but luckily he didn’t have to.

 

“I’m really glad you’re here.” Baekhyun spoke to Sehun as he took his first sip, “We don’t get to talk much.”

 

“No, we don’t.” Was Sehun’s extremely short answer. He tried to think of something to add to it, but his mind was like an empty void when it came to talking to Baekhyun.

 

“I still have your painting hanging above my bed.” Baekhyun admitted cheerfully, “I always feel happy in the morning when I look at it.”

 

Sehun blushed, the image of Baekhyun waking up every morning and feeling happy because of his art was the most wonderful gift he had ever received. He didn’t care if he never sold another painting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter