Fin.

Just Tell Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It happened two days ago. Sunday night at thirty past nine.

 

 

Hansol Vernon Choi confessed to him, but it happened way too fast that Seungkwan thought it was straight out of his hallucination. He didn’t even had the chance to say anything back. They met again in the very next day, riding on the same bus towards the school. But Hansol acted as if Seungkwan wasn’t there, even when their eyes had made a contact, for a split of second before Hansol tore his gaze away.

 

 

 

Seungkwan was walking by the sidewalk heading towards his house after playing over Seokmin’s since noon. Earphones plugged into his ears nicely, humming along to the song as he kicked some pebbles rhytmitically when he heard someone called his name.

 

He stopped his feet on the ground, pulling one of the earphone off but still didn’t have the gut to look around. The next moment, he found Hansol standing next to him under the pretty streetlight. Seungkwan turned off his mp3 and pulled his earphone away completely this time.

 

 

“Hi, Seungkwan?” Hansol had his hands in his hoodies pocket. Seungkwan wasn’t sure if he was smiling or not because it was too small of a curved lips to be one.

 

"Hello, Hansol.” Seungkwan flashed an awkward smile to him.

 

“Are you going home?” Hansol asked. Now they ‘re starting to walk again.

 

Seungkwan nodded. “Yeah.” Damn, this is so awkward I can’t, Seungkwan talked in his head. He looked to the side at Hansol, who seemed, nervous? He kept on biting on his bottom lips and Seungkwan could see the movement of his hands inside the pocket. “Are you okay?”

 

 

Hansol snapped his head quick at him. “Seungkwan, honestly… I like you.” Hansol blurted out. But when he saw Seungkwan’s eyes widened in shock he immediately said, “Oh my god, sorry, I- I need to go. Bye.”

 

Then he put the hood over his head as he ran away leaving Seungkwan alone dumfounded.

 

 

 

Seungkwan stirred on his side as he hugged his pillow tighter. Thanks to Hansol, he couldn’t get enough of sleep since then. He kept on repeating the scene in his head and forcing his brain to figure out the meaning behind it.

 

‘He likes me? No way.’ Seungkwan shook his head.

 

 

Hansol Vernon Chwe not Chew. Korean-American boy who happened to go to the same school with him and even live in the same neighborhood, only a few bloks away. That was why they used to ride the same bus. Despite all of that and the fact that they shared a couple of classes together, they actually weren’t close and only had that formal conversations for less then ten times this year.

 

 

Just about different circle of friends. Hansol was included in that typical group of famous people for being hot and effortlessly handsome. Along with Kim Mingyu, Choi Seungcheol, Jeon Wonwoo, and Wen Junhui. All of the girls and even some guys went crazy over them. No wonder.

 

 

Meanwhile Seungkwan’s group of friend consisted of those softies and gag man. Lee Seokmin, Kwon Soonyoung, Yoon Jeonghan, Xu Minghao, and Lee Jihoon. Jeonghan was the most famous among them for being too beautiful. Even Choi Seungcheol couldn’t keep his cool when Jeonghan was around.

 

‘Does he like someone else and practice to confess and I just happened to be there?” Seungkwan thought that that was the answer with the most possibility but only for a few seconds till he changed his mind again because that sound weird.

 

‘If he likes me, then why did he avoid me?’ Seungkwan sighed and uncounsciouly pouted at the memory. Hansol was sitting at his usual seat in the corner of the bus when Seungkwan came. He flashed a smile towards him just because. Then Hansol just shifted his eyes out of the window, leaving Seungkwan’s smile faded away along with the wind of the air conditioner.

 

 

 

“It’s not like I like him in the first place but.. but.. but isn’t it unfair?.” Seungkwan talked out loud this time, “he approached me first, making my heart flutter, then acted as if nothing happened, leaving me confused”

 

“Whatever, I need school to go to tomorrow” Seungkwan turned around on the bed and pulled the cover up to his head.

 

 

 

Wednesday came.

Seungkwan sat in the cafeteria with Seokmin as they talked about the movie they watched yesterday and waited for their other friends when Hansol and Junhui showed up and went right to queues for their lunch.

 

Seokmin motioned his chin towards Seungkwan who was sitting across him to take look to the side. Seungkwan did and saw Hansol, he looked back to Seokmin with an unamused face. “Why?”

 

Seokmin shrugged. “Aren’t you gonna do something to him?”

 

Out of all his friends, Seungkwan only told Seokmin about Hansol. It wasn’t that he didn’t trust the others, he just didn’t want to share anything that means nothing, but still needed at least someone to talk about it.

 

“Should I?” Seungkwan bite on his straw. “What can I do anyway?”

 

 

“Say hi?” Seokmin responded then he lowered himself down and whispered, “they’re coming in this way.”

 

 

“Really?” Seungkwan whispered back then he saw the boys passing them by and put their trays on the table behind Seokmin. Junhui took a seat on the same spot with him while Hansol was in front of him so Seungkwan could see his face clearly from his position.

 

“Seungkwan, Minghao texted me they’d gonna have their lunch on the rooftop,” Seokmin showed the message to him.

 

 

“THEN WHY-“ Seungkwan quickly lowered his voice down when he remembered that there was Hansol there. “Oh my gosh, couldn’t they told us earlier”

 

 

“It’s okay, at least we haven’t ordered anything yet.” Seokmin said as he put on his sling bag on one shoulder then stood up. “Let’s go.”

 

Seungkwan wished he didn’t see the smirk on Seokmin’s face because they have to pass by Hansol’s table in order to get out of the place. He noticed that Hansol lifted his head a bit when he was standing up but Seungkwan didn’t mind it any further.

 

As they was about to get near their table, Hansol and Seungkwan made eye contact and the latter didn’t want to skip the chance so he just, “Hi, Hansol!” and his voice kinda cracked at the end.

 

 

And what was Hansol’s response? A nod. A ing single nod. Seungkwan couldn’t not heard the loud laugh behind him.

 

Credit to Wen Junhui.

 

 

 

The next day as soon as school dismissed, Seungkwan found himself walking towards the school library to get some literature of physics as his teacher gonna do some quiz for additional point tomorrow.

 

Seungkwan already had two books wrapped in his arms and went around to find any available seat for him to read a bit. He noticed there was one in the edge so he rushed there before anyone else could take it from him and unpurposely putting his books a little too powerful, making some heads to stir at his direction. Seungkwan bowed around from the left side and then in front of him then crap—it was Hansol.

 

Their eyes met and both of them paused for a moment and Hansol was the first one to look away. Seungkwan pursed his lips then groggily opened a book on random pages though. Though he couldn’t even concentrate on the sentence he was forcing himself to read and understand, but Seungkwan kept his eyes on them the whole time.

 

 

It wasn’t until ten minutes later when Seungkwan noticed that Hansol was packing his stuffs into his backpack from the side of his eyes. And right, Seungkwan then saw him leaving the library.

 

 

Seungkwan sighed. Then packed his stuffs as well because he suddenly didn’t feel the mood to study anymore. He left after making sure that the Hansol guy was far enough.

 

 

 

Later that night, Seungkwan sat on the chair in his room propping his elbows on the table as he stared outside the window. The train of his thoughts was again about Hansol. None other topic for the last week.

“What did I do wrong that he really needed to go like that? I didn’t even smile at him like the other times and acted natural, couldn’t he just do the same?” Seungkwan started his rambling, “This isn’t not good because I keep getting distracted”

 

 

“Right, Boo Seungkwan, you should tell him tomorrow that you’re completely cool about what happened and both of us can move on and live our lives just like before. Don’t let this stupid things ruin your mood. Boo Seungkwan, fighting! Now you need some ice cream to cool down your mind!”

 

 

 

The next moment, Seungkwan was already in one of the convenience store down the street. A little too enthusiasm that his head was already deep into the refrigerator. He took one of the str

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter