Eye of the Storm

Shenanigans


Jungeun slammed her hands down into the table with a clatter, jaw taut and veins popping on her temple.

“All you had to do was flip your hair! Rotate it a couple times! You can’t even do that?!”

Sooyoung was on the opposite side of the dining table, arms crossed over her chest and expression placid and cold. “I’ve done it perfectly every single time before that, I don’t understand why you’re complaining, mind your own business.”

Jungeun scoffed incredulously, pushing off the counter and slitting her eyes. “Are you serious? We’re the main friggin’ dancers, we shouldn’t be making simple mistakes!”

“Oh, you’re one to talk, Main Dancer-ssi, remind me again who took the longest to do her photo shoot ‘cause she couldn’t pick a pose!”

That struck a nerve. “See, that’s real ing funny, what a low blow, even for you!”

“Low blow?!” Sooyoung parroted, unraveling her arms and jabbing a finger in her direction. “You didn’t say jack when Jiwoo messed up! What, you let your favourites get away with it, but not me?!”

Jungeun clenched her molars together, hissing through her teeth. “Don’t even mention Jiwoo, we all know you favour her!”

“I love all my members equally, thank you very much, it’s you who’s not high on my bias list!”

A flicker of hurt was displayed on Jungeun’s face before her scowl took over again. She balled her fists at her sides. “Get over yourself, you totally care way more about your unit than you do about the rest of us.”

Sooyoung’s eyes darkened, glare so horrendously frigid, it could turn the room to ice. “Take that back right now.”

The girl tilted her head back and sneered. “Why? ‘Cause it’s true?”

The brunette took a step closer. “It’s the most bull thing that left your mouth today.”

“Fine! Want me to prove it? You’re always with them!! Helping Jiwoo with the choreo, micro-managing Hyejoo’s gaming time, tutoring Chaewon...You’re so ing caring towards them, you jeopardize time you should be allotting towards practice and your own wellbeing!!”

Sooyoung slanted her eyes at her, releasing her from her grasp. “Well what about you, huh?! You’re so caring too, it’s ing annoying!! Making sure everyone is doing well on set and in the practice room, staying up just to get the chores down so you could teach it to us more intricately, warming us up with heat packs when we’re cold, fanning us when we’re hot, what, you think I’m blind to this , you unselfish ?!”

Jungeun stamped her foot. “WELL CLEARLY I NEED THE EXTRA PRACTICE SINCE I HELD THE GROUP BACK WITH MY PHOTOSHOOT!”

“YOU ONLY TOOK AN EXTRA FIVE MINUTES AND YOU LOOKED SO PRETTY ANYWAYS SO WHAT DOES IT MATTER?!” Sooyoung yelled.

“SAYS MISS MODEL OVER HERE,” Jungeun rallied back, “YOU HAVE NO BAD ANGLES, YOU KNOW WHAT TO SAY AND HOW TO LOOK AND WHAT TO DO ALL THE TIME, WHY ARE YOU SO DAMN PERFECT, ?!”

“ME?!” The brunette shrieked, leaning in, “I’M FAR FROM PERFECT! I WAS NEGLIGENT OF THE OTHER KIDS BECAUSE I WAS SO FOCUSED ON BEING A GOOD LEADER TOWARDS MY UNIT MEMBERS! I WAS TRYING TO CHANNEL YOU AND HASEUL, STUPID!!”

“WELL YOU ENDED UP SHAPING THEM INTO THE BEST ONES!! JINSOUL-UNNIE FORGOT WE WERE ONE GROUP!”

“THE BEST ONES??” Sooyoung parroted, “CHAEWON IS LITERALLY FAILING SCHOOL AND HYEJOO IS ON THE SWITCH NINETY-PERCENT OF THE TIME!!”

“NO, YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND HOW PERFECT YOU ARE!! I WISH I HAD YOUR CONFIDENCE!!”

“, I GET MY CONFIDENCE FROM YOU GUYS!!”

“I GET MY WILLPOWER FROM YOU GUYS!!”

“I ING LOVE YOU!” Sooyoung wailed.

“I ING LOVE YOU MORE!!” Jungeun exclaimed, eyes squeezed shut.

“NO, I DO!!”

“HUG IT OUT?” The younger outstretched her arms.

“ YEAH.”

They embraced, swaying to nonexistent music as they cried into each other’s shoulders.

...

“Are they done yet?” Haseul questioned, flicking dust from her fingernail.

“What they said about me was a bit uncalled for...” Chaewon muttered.

Hyunjin huffed a disgruntled sigh. “Whatever, I want bread, so if they’re done filming their drama, I’m going to eat.”

Kahei clamped a hand down onto the ravenette’s shoulder and reeled her back in. “Wait. It was resolved too quickly.”

“Wh—“

Jungeun sniffled. “Seriously, though, you favour Jiwoo too openly, can’t you work on that?”

Sooyoung drew back, miffed. “—“

Muffled, angered voices bled through the door again, and the nine girls collectively groaned in exasperation.

“Knew it,” Kahei said. “It was merely the eye of the storm. Strap in, we got another twenty minutes to sit out.”

Hyunjin held her stomach and sunk to the floor. “If I die of starvation, I’m haunting the hell outta those angsty es.”

 

A/N: because lipves is the most dramatic pairing and nobody can convince me otherwise. Also forgive the lowkey ty writing. Inspired by that one scene in Nichijou.