Not 2K

Shenanigans

“Do I really have to teach you guys?”

The girls gasped dramatically. Jiwoo crossed her arms. “How rude! We are perfectly capable of picking up basketball!”

Hyunjin made a face. “Not....really....”

Chaewon propped her hands on her hips. “I’ll have you know that I scored a total of two points in 2K with Lerboo Jams!”

Hyunjin pinched the bridge of her nose. “First of all, it’s Lebron James, and you did that with Hyejoo’s guidance. Second of all, it’s a video game! This is real life, a big difference, you see.”

Jiwoo hopped up and down, “c’mon, Hyunjinnie, let’s just have fun! The park is empty, and it’s a fun way to conclude promotions!!”

“I agree!!” Yeojin chirped, “I’m trying to prove a point to Lip-unnie!! She thinks I’m too short to play!”

“You are too short to play.”

“Not you, too, sensei!!!”

Hyunjin groaned, dribbling the ball a couple times just to loosen up. “Alright, fine. Let’s just warm up then we’ll do a four-on-one.”

Chaewon scoffed. “You seriously think you can take all of us??”

“Yes.” Heejin and Hyunjin said in unison.

“Why are you agreeing with her?” Yeojin whined.

“Because she totally could,” the brunette conceded simply. “I’m just here ‘cause I like watching her play.”

The raven head smiled at her best friend before addressing the group as a whole again. “Okay, I guess Jjaks could start. Just dribble down the court and show me your lay-up.”

“Because I’m familiar with these terms.”

Hyunjin rolled her eyes. “Run down there and put the ball in the basket.”

”Ooh, words! Gotcha.”

Now, Hyunjin expected the kid to travel and airball; like that’d be the worst case scenario. But what she didn’t expect (and just wholly wasn’t prepared for), was the girl to whip it down the court, cradling the ball like a ing football player and slam it into the backboard, causing it to ricochet and smack her square in the face, hard.

Hyunjin gaped at her as the other three girls ran over to help her up. Hyunjin joined them after snapping out of it, wincing at the red imprint the ball left on her exposed forehead. “O-oh, my God, Yeojinnie, literally how and why did you do that?”

Yeojin took a measured breath, eyes completely vacant. “I wanted to dunk.”

Hyunjin curled her lips in and bobbed her head. “Kid, you’re 150 centimetres.”

“I wanted to dunk like the people in 2K.”

Hyunjin exhaled through her nose. “Do the people in 2K sprint down the court and launch the ball into the back board?”

“...Y—“

“No. They don’t. You sit over there and just...sit.”

She complied, and Hyunjin turned back to the other girls, who were now hesitant to even look at the ball. She glanced at Yeojin, who was pensively brooding things over on the bench, then back at them. “How ‘bout you all just get her ice then watch me shoot around?”

“That’d be good.”

“Sounds splendid.”

“It’s what I wanted to do in the first place.”

They left and she huffed before squaring up and sinking her shot.

Thank God none of their leaders witnessed that. It was duly noted to never let them tag along whenever she played sports again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: hbut, returning after a month hiatus: hehe, they’d love a good basketball update, a real good sporty chap

y’all: unsubscribed.

ahdjshdhd in all honesty, I just wanted an excuse to have 2jin happen on the down-low (mayhaps this is a teaser for an au)

Sorry for the crack and absence, brb w better updates lollll