Love Letter

Shenanigans


“EVERYONE, DROP EVERYTHING YOU’RE DOING RIGHT NOW.”

Haseul and Sooyoung exchanged perplexed looks. “We’re the only ones in the dorm.”

Jinsoul dismissed them. “Well, I hope you’re not busy, because we need to hunt down whoever wrote this.”

She ripped an envelope from her jeans pocket, and slammed it onto the counter, eyeing it disdainfully.

“The hell is this, a letter?” The tall brunette inquired, poking it as if it was an alien specimen.

“A love letter, to be specific,” the blonde elaborated.

Haseul smiled wanly, “oh, congrats, Soullie, who gave it to you, a fan?”

The blonde pulled a face. “No, it’s not for me!”

“What? Who’s is it, then?” Sooyoung asked. “Jinsoul, you can’t just take other people’s mail—“

“It’s Yeojin’s.”

The latter two immediately grimaced, eyes darkening.

“I know,” the blonde stressed. “She is a child, the audacity!”

“Where did you get this?” Sooyoung demanded, glowering at the envelope.

“I found it in her backpack! Jungeun said that it wasn’t any of our business, but this could be some serious trouble!”

Haseul, staying mum, slid the letter over to herself and began to casually tear it open.

“Woah, woah, woah, Haseul, that’s illegal!” Sooyoung exclaimed, but not lifting a finger stop her.

The shortest scoffed, watching the now hollow sleeve drift to the ground. “What’s she gonna do, sue me?”

Jinsoul went around the counter and joined the other two as the leader unraveled the neatly-creased paper.

Yeojin,” Haseul read aloud, “I realize that this is kinda unprecedented, but I wanted to congratulate you and the monthly girls on debuting! I really think you’re cute and pretty,” the two tallest growled, but Haseul forged on, “and if you’re not too busy with idol work, I’d really like to hangout with you. Maybe some time after school? Anyways, LOONA fighting!! Yeojin fighting!! You probably already know who I am, so I’ll remain anonymous,” the girls groaned, “so how about we make a deal? If I buy the album will you go on a date with me? Reply soon, Yeojin-ssi.” The letter was closed with a heart, and they stood there, flabbergasted.

“Was she keeping her secret admirer from us this whole time?” Jinsoul whisper-yelled, seething mad.

“We don’t even have a freaking gender!” Sooyoung followed.

“We know that they’re in her class, though, right?” Haseul said coolly, but her sharp eyes glinted with something dangerous. “Does she have a class photo?”

The front door opened, Chaewon, Hyejoo, Heejin and Kahei pouring in noisily. They froze upon reading the thick atmosphere in the room.

“Woah, who died?” Hyejoo jested. They glared at her and she pursed her lips. “Okay, something genuinely serious must’ve happened, what’s up, unnies?”

Haseul flipped the paper over to show them.

“Is that a love letter?” Chaewon squeaked excitedly, slipping out of her shoes and padding over. Her jaw dropped, “oh, my God it’s for Yeojin!”

“WHAT?!” Heejin shouted, almost toppling over if Kahei wasn’t there to stabilize her.

“What do you mean?” The eldest questioned calmly. “Is it from an orbit?”

“Nope,” Sooyoung said curtly. “It’s from some person in her class who wants to date her because she’s cute and pretty!”

The four glanced at each other. Heejin snickered, “well, I mean, yeah, that’s what love letters typically entail.”

“You know she’s not a child-child, right?” Kahei asked, slightly amused. “She’s a minor, but so is this other person. They’re teenagers, teenagers date. Yeojinie is seventeen now.”

“What?!” Jinsoul shrieked, “you’re sounding like Jungeun!! Yeojin is a baby! A fetus!” Haseul and Sooyoung nodded in emphatic agreement.

Hyejoo, Heejin, and Chaewon hummed incredulously, lips flattening into thin lines.

“Well, yeah, she’s young, we all are,” Hyejoo spoke up. “But she’s allowed to...date, I think. Technically, but the company wouldn’t let her. But if she wasn’t an idol, I don’t see why not? A lot of my classmates are dating now, it’s not any different for her. As long as they’re not older and they’re kind and treat her right, it’s really none of our business.”

“Hyejoo, you’re grounded.” Sooyoung deadpanned.

“Wh—“

“I WILL NOT ACCEPT THIS!” Haseul announced, fingers curling into the stationary in her hands. “I practically raised her! She’s like my younger sister! I care about her as much as I care for my younger brother! I can’t—will not be okay with this! She’s supposed to be a loud brat forever, not get some silly boyfriend or girlfriend!!”

The room went so silent, you could hear a pin drop. Sooyoung massaged Haseul’s back comfortingly as Jinsoul tugged her into a hug.

“She grew up too quickly,” Haseul murmured into the blonde’s shoulder. “Yerim too.”

Heejin bounced on the balls of her feet. “Ooough, unnie, you’re gonna make me cry!!! Stop, stop, I can’t let my makeup run, I’ll get acne, unnie!”

Her little dance cracked a few smiles as Haseul gently detached herself from Jinsoul. “Oh, all of you are getting so big and mature—“

“You guys completely abandoned me on the elevator,” Hyunjin grumbled as she entered, interrupting Haseul. “I went all the way back...down...woah. Who died?”

Hyejoo leaned back, cupping her hand over . “Doesn’t work. Not funny.”

The girl arched a brow. “What’s happened?”

“Yeojin’s old, that’s what’s happened!” Haseul cried, dabbing under her eyes.

“What??”

Jinsoul procured the letter, face pinched. “She’s going on a date with some kid in her class, and we’re all upset.”

Hyunjin slipped out of her runners and scrambled over. “Holy damn, that’s actually hu—oh. Oh, no.”

“I know!” Sooyoung assented, handing another tissue to Haseul. “We’re all grieving and getting over it, just give us time.”

Hyunjin back her lips and carefully returned the handwritten letter to Jinsoul. “Heh heh...yeah, I completely understand.”

The blonde made a face. “Why are you backing away...?”

“I’m not...”

“Why are you putting your shoes back on?” Sooyoung probed.

“Huh? I am?”

Haseul straightened up, pursing her lips. “Why are you reaching for the door?”

Eyes honed in on her as she gripped the handle. “Well, because, maybe...I wrote it? As a harmless prank...?”

Time stood still, the tension could be cut with a knife. Jinsoul crumpled the paper in her hands. “We’re giving you two seconds, Kim Hyunjin. You better run.”

“Don’t have to be told twice, later!”

She dashed out the door, avoiding Hyejoo’s claws and Jinsoul’s tackle by a hair and gunning it to the stairs, a mob of livid girls right on her tail.

“YOU’RE DEAD!!!!”

...

Yeojin slumped against her bed, exhaling a haggard sigh. She pressed her phone against her chest, immediately bringing it to her face when it pinged.

Hyunjin-unnie <33: i got chased to the han river, kid, you owe me big

Yeojin stared at the crumpled letter in her bag, blushing heavily once again. She replied:

I’ll buy you so much bread, you’ll get sick of it!! Thank you so much unnie!!

She simpered to herself. Really, what Hyunjin did for her was super brave.

Hyunjin-unnie <33: i’m holding you to that. for now just make sure you dress nice for your date ;)

She squealed at the reminder, flipping over and burying her face in her pillow, only lifting it to type back.

Aaaaaah okay!! <3

 

 

A/N: don’t take this seriously. YeoJin is literally a fetus. My lil take on the whole dating scandal thingy. Bih, you may not agree, but they do what they want anyway.

Bro!Hyunjin and Mom!97line are prolly the most canon thing abt this chapter lol.