unbelievable

Star and Sun: A Chenyeol Drabble Dump
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Inspired by Unbelievable by Why Don't We, because who doesn't love Chanchen utterly smitten with each other?

Warning: uh...y...fluff...??? wow enjoy i guess lmao

Chanyeol's eyes opened slowly, the soft light shining through the window temporarily blinding him.

He gently rubbed the sleep from his eyes (not too harshly because who wants premature wrinkles?), and about six and a half seconds later, he froze. This wasn't his room. This wasn't his bed. And this sure as hell wasn't his favorite penguin blanket covering his waist. Did he really have that much to drink last night? But more importantly...whose bed was he in, and how badly did he up?

Inhaling deeply and looking up at the ceiling, Chanyeol contemplated the possibilities. He could be at Baekhyun's house. The two had broken up amicably a year ago, but it wouldn't be very Baekhyun-like to let an absolutely hammered Chanyeol fall asleep in someone's yard with no shirt on. Minseok, maybe, but certainly not Byun Baekhyun. Chanyeol could be at Luhan's house. They were pretty good friends, but the latter would have to be dead before he would let anyone else sleep in his bed. Chanyeol could be at Sehun's house. Actually, no. Sehun was already wall-twerking before Chanyeol had his second shot of soju. Definitely not Sehun's place.

Not wanting to stew too much over the issue, Chanyeol lifted his left arm to take a peek at his watch, paling when he read 10:28. Well, looks like he wasn't making it to his bio lecture today. His professor was definitely going to kill him later, but he would worry about that later. It wasn't like Chan-

"Hmm."

A soft...hum pulled Chanyeol from his thoughts immediately. His body tensed as he became hyperaware of his surroundings - the sights, the smells, the sounds. He looked around and saw an Ikea-esque desk piled high with textbooks and beat up Macbook. A small wooden dresser sat in the corner, a few clothes hanging out slightly. The top was decorated with a few trophies (they were too far for Chanyeol to see a name), some books, and a few trinkets/personal items. In the other corner of the room stood a music stand with a few scores and handwritten song lyrics.

The room actually smelled quite nice - it was rather sweet...sugarcookies? Vanilla? Whatever it was, Chanyeol wanted to eat it. Other than the occasional conversation outside the window or bird chirping, there were really no sounds. There were no obvious indications of who this mystery person could be. The lump still asleep next to him was rather small, and Chanyeol watched as this person would inhale and exhale. Up, down, up, down. The movements were almost hypnotic, enough to make his eyelids grow heavier. He was about to fall back asleep when the consistent breathing stopped suddenly. Chanyeol didn't hear it, but he noticed when the person didn't exhale immediately - they had obviously just woken up and likely just figured out that they were not alone. Chanyeol, being a pretty decent dude, decided to try and alleviate the growing tension in the room.

"H-hey," he said quietly, his voice still a little rough and scratchy from sleep. He cleared his throat a couple times before adding, "I, uh, think I'm sober, so. If you want, I can, uh, make a mean omelette later. Hope you like cheese, heh..."

Chanyeol mentally smacked himself for saying something so utterly stupid, but all his negativity dissipated when he heard the mystery person let out a small laugh. Where had Chanyeol heard that laugh before?

"I would hope you're sober now," the distantly familiar voice said quietly, "since you downed 3 liters of water last night."

Chanyeol didn't have time to think of a witty reply before the lump under the covers rearranged himself. Just seconds later, Chanyeol found himself lying face-to-face with the last person he ever would have expected to wake up in bed next to.

"J-Jongdae?"

It was Kim Jongdae, junior Chinese language and vocal performance double major. Kim Jongdae, that friend-of-a-friend whom Chanyeol would occasionally see at outings or around campus. Kim Jongdae, the one Chanyeol's had a fatass crush on ever since he and Baekhyun broke up last year. Well, .

"Y-yeah," Jongdae replied quietly, his demeanor uncharacteristically shy. He didn't actually look uncomfortable at all. If anything, he looked rather curious, almost relaxed. His chestnut-brown hair splayed carelessly across his pillow, a few strands stickly up in an unruly manner. His dark eyes looked at Chanyeol through long eyelashes, and his lips curved up into an absolutely breathtaking smile. Not even attempting hide his feelings at this point, Chanyeol simply smiled to himself and fell back onto the mattress, staring at the ceiling once again. His heart was pounding out of his chest, both from excitement and anxiousness.

"Unbelievable," Chanyeol said quietly, to no one in particular, bringing a hand up to run it through his own dark hair, "Kim Jongdae..."

"I hope you're saying my name fondly," Jongdae replied in an amused voice. Chanyeol looked over at the latter to see a pair of eyesmiles staring back at him. Jongdae was resting on one arm, upper torso now exposed, and Chanyeol's eyes widened upon seeing...well, the plethora of love marks, hickeys, and bite marks littered across the elder's chest, abdomen, collarbones, and neck. He looked down at his own body and saw a number of marks on his own chest and could only imagine where else he'd find them later. With wide eyes, Chanyeol looked back up at Jongdae, whose cheeks had visibly reddened in the past couple seconds.

"D-did...did we, um...you know...?"

Chanyeol couldn't exactly find the words he wanted to say. He just really hoped that he didn't up any possibilities with Jongdae in the future.

"No," the latter replied softly, letting out an amused chuckle, "trust me, you were pretty wasted. Couldn't even kiss me properly." Was Jongdae ing pouting about that?

"Oh." How intelligent. Chanyeol felt his own cheeks warm up when he glanced around the room before looking back at Jongdae. He was undeniably stunning, at least in Chanyeol's eyes. His face sported the perfect combination of soft and sharp features, his hair was lucious and soft, his body was petite and lithe, and his smile made Chanyeol's heart stop for just a second every time they locked gazes. Jongdae's eyes, however, were the cherry on top of the already delicious cake, and when those eyes looked back in Chanyeol's, he knew it was game over.

"Do...do you want a proper kiss?"

The words came out before Chanyeol could even think about them. His mind and body were going onto autopilot - rogue, dangerous, but exciting nonetheless. Jongdae inhaled sharply before nodding a couple times, lowering his head in attempt to hide his blushing face. Chanyeol grinned broadly and the two spent the next minute rearranging themselves so that Chanyeol was practically on top of Jongdae. Their position wasn't overtly ual, however; the two stared into each other's eyes for what seemed like an eternity before Jongdae finally spoke.

"So, you...don't remember anything? From last night?"

"Not much," Chanyeol replied quietly, frowning slightly, "I was...pretty smashed. I do remember accidentally punching Jongin in the face, though. I hope he's okay...did you see that?"

"I," Jongdae began, clearing his throat gently when the younger reached up to rub gentle circles with his thumb into high cheekbones, "I...wasn't at that party..."

It was almost cat-like how Jongdae leaned into Chanyeol's touch, and the latter could hardly contain all of his affection.

"Wait..." he said, furrowing his eyebrows, "how...how did I end up here, then?"

Jongdae pursed his lips and was clearly holding back some deep breaths as Chanyeol traced his hand down his neck and to his collarbones. The touches were soft, gentle, and felt just right.

"You just...showed up," Jongdae explained in the most confident voice he could muster, "I sat you down, brought you water. We chatted, then...yeah, you ended up passing out not too long after."

"Hold up," Chanyeol said in a teasing voice, "we chatted, then...what was that second part?" His right hand rested on the narrowest part of Jongdae's waist, and the latter smiled a few times but didn't reply. He looked around the room a couple times, actively avoiding Chanyeol's gaze. The blush that painted his cheeks quickly traveled up his ears and down his neck, and Chanyeol wanted to scream.

"We," Jongdae began, still being sure to avoid eye-contact at all costs, "you know...cuddled a little. Stuff like that. Yeah..."

"Huh," the younger said, his semi-confident tone hiding his rapidly beating heart and fluttering stomach, "just cuddling?"

"Does it look like we just cuddled?" Jongdae asked, tone suddenly rather playful. He tilted his head slightly, the action making the butterflies in Chanyeol's stomach flutter even faster. Not wanting to back down from this lighthearted mood, he leaned in a bit closer to Jongd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter