tongue-tied

Star and Sun: A Chenyeol Drabble Dump
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I literally found this drabble buried on my computer so. Lol.

Jongdae should have realized that sharing a bed with his significant other would not be as easy as it looked in the movies.

On screen, the couples lie peacefully together, usually wrapped in each other’s embrace, with the blankets shared equally and snoring toned down to low levels.

Sharing a bed with Chanyeol, he quickly realized, was almost as difficult as his East Asian history class he has this semester. (Just because he’s Korean doesn’t make the history any easier, okay?)

“Will you stop moving around so much?” the elder sighed, pulling the comforter over his head in a frustrated manner. It was already 1am, and he had an 8am biology lab he needed to be at least partly awake for.

“If you stop stealing all the damn covers,” Chanyeol grunted back, and with that comment, grabbed the comforter and yanked it out of Jongdae’s grasp.

“Hey!” the latter exclaimed, eyes shooting open, body instinctively curling into itself, “give that back…”

Chanyeol, however, paid him no heed as he turned away from his lover without as much as a word.

Jongdae bit his lip but didn’t bother to argue any further. He rested his head on his pillow and hugged his stuffed teddy bear (Lay) that Chanyeol had gotten him a couple of years ago.

After dating for nearly 2 years, the pair finally decided to get a small apartment together that was close to their university. Jongdae was a little nervous – this was new chapter in their relationship, and also a bridge into the scary world of adulthood. Jongdae also hoped that getting an apartment together would help to mend a few of the sore spots in their relationship; maybe it would help bring them back together a little more. Don’t get them wrong- Jongdae loved Chanyeol; that was certain. He had voiced it multiple times meaningfully albeit shyly. Chanyeol would never really reply verbally- he would just kiss Jongdae afterwards, and for a while, that was enough. However, after about a year of no replies, Jongdae began to get worried.

Was Chanyeol unhappy with him, and just stayed to appease him? Was Chanyeol actually seeing someone else secretly? Did Jongdae do something wrong?

It’s not like he expected Chanyeol to reply immediately. Jongdae was an outgoing, affectionate person. He was clingy and had no qualms with voicing and showing his love for Chanyeol. Chanyeol, despite his loud and rambunctious demeanor, was quiet and shy with love. He didn’t voice his feelings so much as he did acting upon them. He loved hugging Jongdae, tickling him and showering him with kisses, because as much as he loved to talk, he became quiet and tongue-tied when it came to affection. Unfortunately, that fact has caused a couple of arguments in the past few months, and those arguments have sparked other arguments that had nothing to do with the original problem, and Jongdae feared that their relationship would fall apart all too soon.

Just a few days after getting the apartment, he and Chanyeol decided that sharing a bed for the firs time might help alleviate their mutual irritation. They could cuddle and fall asleep in each other’s arms, right?

Jongdae couldn’t have been any more wrong, obviously.

It wasn’t until he blinked that Jongdae realized tears had been falling from his eyes and down his cheeks. Wiping them away with his hand, he rolled to the edge of the bed and gently got up. Chanyeol shifted a little, and Jongdae froze, hoping he didn’t wake his boyfriend up. However, when th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter