eye of the storm

Star and Sun: A Chenyeol Drabble Dump
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: If you have a fear of tornadoes, please be cautious when reading this. Please also read the A/N at the end!!

"We'll be okay, baby."

Jongdae held a trembling Chanyeol as the two sat in their little half-bath, clinging onto each other as raging winds, pouring rain, and angry thunder wreacked havoc outside. Tornado season was starting, and tonight, the conditions were just right for the terrifying storms to form. As they had been watching Avengers: Infinity War on Netflix, the tornado sirens had begun to blare. Confused and scared, Jongdae and Chanyeol quickly gathered a few blankets, pillows, their phones and chargers, their water, and their cat, Fishstick, and headed for shelter.

Jongdae was scared, sure, but Chanyeol was absolutely paralyzed with fear.

"M-my family...we...our old house...it got hit bad when I was younger...I was so scared..." Chanyeol had explained when the pair first reached their bathroom. He had tears running down his face and his breathing was rather erratic. Even through multiple layers of walls in their home, the pair could hear the winds howling louder and louder outside. That, combined with the insidious monotonous drone of the tornado siren, created a rather frightening situation.

"Come here," Jongdae said in warm voice, opening his arms and legs to allow Chanyeol to cuddle into him. The latter did just that - scooted himself across the floor into Jongdae's welcoming embrace. Though Jongdae was much smaller than his giant partner, that did not deter him from being a protector. Mere minutes felt like hours, and when Chanyeol eventually managed to calm his breathing and tears, Jongdae peeked at his phone's weather app. He checked the doppler radar and felt his heart drop when he saw a rather large malicious patch of yellow heading straight for them. The worst of the storm would hit their area within a couple minutes, most likely. Still, he had to stay strong.

"How bad?" Chanyeol's weak voice asked in barely over a whisper. Jongdae bit his lip and sighed.

"Pretty bad," he replied quietly. He was never one to lie. "We're in the yellow area; the worst will hit north of us, it looks like."

"My god," the younger breathed, "my sister lives there."

With those words, Chanyeol sat up in an instant and fumbled for his cellphone. The bright screen illuminated his tearstained cheeks as he clicked on Yura's speed dial contact. Chanyeol tapped his fingers on the floor and the line rang once, twice, three times, then went to voicemail.

"Damnit, Yura," Chanyeol sighed helplessly, dialing once more. Again, there was no answer.

"I'm sure they're okay," Jongdae said in an encouraging voice, "she's smart. She's probably gotten herself and the kids to safety. You know that, Chanyeol. Your sister is the least careless person I know."

Those words seemed to alleviate a little bit of Chanyeol's anxiety. He nodded a couple times before stuffing his phone back in pocket. He allowed himself to melt back into Jongdae's arms as the two continued to sit for a little while in silence, listening to the wind and siren outside. At one point, both jumped out of their skins when they heard what sounded like a gunshot. Seconds later, they heard monstrous crash not too far away, and immediately, their bathroom light flickered off.

"Oh my god," Chanyeol whispered to himself, his breathing growing faster and more labored. Jongdae, not even attempting to hide his own shaking, held his partner as best he could. Fishstick was whining in fear as she curled into a ball under the sink. The severe winds only seemed to last a minute or two max, however, and when Jongdae focused on the noises outside, they didn't seem as menacing. Chanyeol was still overwhelmed with fear, however, and that fact tugged painfully at Jongdae's heartstrings.

"Let me sing to you," he said in barely above a whisper, smiling softly when Chanyeol looked at him with wide eyes. "Please?"

"O..." the younger began, clearing his throat before saying, "okay."

So, the two rearranged themselves so that Jongdae rested against Chanyeol's body

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter