A Runaway Bride

Forever, On Hold

Title : Forever, On Hold (Part One)
Pairing : Yongseo
Genre : AU, romance.
Rating : G
Summary : He was aimlessly driving in his jeep.......


a19543dabd5cebb4e0f47612a83d2189.image.359x500

Picture was suggested by userinfo_v8.svg?v=17080?v=266.1sillydeli

Fool by Juniel and Jung Yong Hwa

Of course this has to be the OST. 

It’s a cool, sunny spring day and he decided to drive around Seoul for fun. He made a living by singing at cafes, and during the day, he slept or prowled the city for the mere pleasure of it. He lived only once and after he’s done with high school, he’s happy he had let go of other boring commitments. He had nothing better to do, so he decided to serve his army obligation early, of which he was glad. He’s free, free as a bird to do whatever he wished.

There was always the feel of freshness with spring, hope in every seconds and new life in all the flowers that bloomed and the children who came out to play. It was a Saturday and people seemed to enjoy the day as much as he was.

He aimlessly drove to the richer part of Seoul, where many beautiful houses were built in the huge complex. It was quiet and peaceful. He liked the soothing, peaceful atmosphere.

He drove his red jeep rather slowly, admiring the many shapes and views of gardens and mansions.

And he suddenly saw a white form rapidly approaching to his direction.

Yong Hwa blinked under the bright sunlight, squinting his eyes.

He was stopping at a crossing, and wasn’t really sure of what he was seeing.

The white form came closer still, and he finally could make out what it was. Not that he believed what he saw, though.

It was a woman. Running at full speed, wearing a bridal gown.

The view was so absurd he didn’t move his jeep, and he could only just sat staring at it. Or at her.

The woman reached the car. Reached him.

At first look she was so fair. Her skin was reddening from the athletic effort she just did.

“Take me away” the bride said.

“……what?”

“You hear me. Take me away! Palli!”

“Wha—but…….don’t you have a wedding attend?”

“It’s not a wedding I want to attend anymore.”

He realized now that this bride was crying. Wet lines of tears ruined her make-up and she was trembling with emotion.

Holding a handful of her long, flowing white dress to walk, she circled the jeep to stand beside the passenger door.

“Please” she begged.

The one word was filled with so much desperation that he could say nothing except, “Get in.”

He opened his door, offered his hand, and helped her in.

She closed the door with a bang and ordered, “Drive!”

And so he did.

*******************************************

For several seconds the woman was busy arranging her flowing, long dress to fit in the seat, before sitting in complete silence, except the tears that kept on dropping from time to time.

Yong Hwa too, had been silent and just drove around, wondering what on earth he should say.

“Are you……alright?”

Which was a silly question, actually. She definitely didn’t look like she was alright, but well, he felt like he had to ask.

“…….I will be”.

“Are you sure about this? Are you sure you don’t want this wedding? I could just turn around and drive you to your wedding venue. Your family must be very worried. If you come back now, I’m sure you can continue wherever you left off.”

The bride turned sharply at him.

“My fiancé that I’ve been with for five years since college has been sleeping with my best friend. And I just found out last night, when they make out in the bathroom of my father’s house. Can you blame me for wanting to run away from the wedding?”

She was furious, he could tell. And disappointed. And very, very sad. He could tell from her expression and from the tears that threatened to spill again.

“No. No…….I don’t blame you”

Saying that, he fully took in how this woman looked for the first time.

She was beautiful. With a lovely face, pretty eyes, and pink lips. Her eyelashes were wet and her mascara was smeared, but it couldn’t hide the obvious.

That she was completely, enchantingly beautiful.

Her hair was colored in dark brown and was arranged in long, wavy curls down her body that stopped on her waist.

Who’s the idiot that left her for another woman?

She dabbed some tears away and he snapped back to reality.

“Am I disturbing you? Are you going somewhere urgent? If yes, you can drop me somewhere. But please make it a bit far from this complex”

“And what will you do?”

“Take a taxi”

“And go where?”

“………I’ll think about it later”

“I have nothing else to do. So I can help you for a while. Is there anywhere you wish to go? A friend’s house, maybe?”

“My friends are all still at the wedding…….”

“It's your house?”

“My parents’ house”

“Where do you live? Want me to drop you there?”

“My apartment will be flocked with people looking for me. My parents, my friends, Dong Hae Oppa……” she almost choked with the last name and gripped the door hard.

“So where should I take you?”

“Anywhere but here”

It was a dangerous sentence to say to a guy. A stranger, no less. But she was heartbroken, so he just drove faster.

They both said nothing while he drove. Well, what could they possibly say to each other?

He finally arrived at Han River and parked there, the wind breezing by.

The jeep was opened and people were staring at them. She was wearing a wedding dress, so it was rather (very) eye catchy.

She took a deep breath, before exhaling slowly.

“Seo Joo Hyeon imnida……forgive me for troubling you like this. What is your name?”

“Jung Yong Hwa imnida…..and no, it’s not a trouble. I’m glad to help. Well, uh……not that I’m glad of what’s happening, but……I’m……happy to help.”

They were silent again. Staring at the river ahead.

“People must be panicking right now. You don’t bring your phone?”

“………..I don’t bring anything”

Right. Yong Hwa turned to her again. She didn’t bring a purse or anything. She must have run straight from there. That meant no money, no ID card, nothing.

How do you calm a heartbroken bride?

He had no idea, so he just sat motionless beside her.

In a while, she started crying again. It started with no sound, before getting louder and louder, with sobs and breathless gasps.

He felt his spine getting colder by listening to the sound. It was the sound of a woman’s heart breaking. To pieces. She must have been really looking forward to this day. How crushed she must be feeling, he didn’t want to imagine. A wedding, as far as he knew, was a long-life dream for a woman. She said she had been together with this guy since college. And then a day before the happy end, she found out that her fiancé had been sleeping with someone else, her best friend, to make it worse.

She cried for a while. But it stopped eventually.

Her broken breathings slowed down to normal, and she stared out to the front. Subdued and defeated.

“I have no tissues. Sorry.”

“……….it’s alright”

“If you have nowhere to go……..I can take you to my place.”

She turned to him, surprised with the offer.

For the first time, she took a longer look at the stranger beside him.

Wet eyes met steady eyes.

She didn’t know who he was. She didn’t know he’s the good or bad guy. He might be hiding a knife to stab girls in the compartment. He might have a wife with three kids.

Or he might be just a kind nobody.

He was someone who helped her ran away from a nightmare.

It was credit enough.

“I don’t want to intrude more than I already have”

“………Seo….Joo Hyeon was it?”

“……….Ne”

“You won’t intrude.”

“Your……..girlfriend. Or wife. Or parents. They might find me disturbing”

“I live alone”

Insecurity flashed in her eyes. He could tell that she’s not someone who’d ever say yes to coming to a guy’s house randomly.

He liked the idea, somehow.

“As far as I see, you don’t have any other choice”

“I don’t” she admitted.

“Let’s go? It will be alright…………”

She found herself nodding. Somehow.

And off they went together.


Author's Note : 

13 June 2012


Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I have to work! LOL. If I have more time, this will be only a oneshot. Since I don't, this will be a mini series. 

The idea came from Indi or @_gogumaniacs. Who had a dream of Yong Hwa driving in his red jeep like in Fool MV, and then came running Seo Joo Hyeon, wearing a wedding dress. 

I like the idea and couldn't resist. 

More to come. 

Thank you for reading.