Final

Nothing Without Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taehyung in a sharp breath when the door chime rings and he looks up. In walks that short pale alpha that’s been visiting recently and he looks even better today than he usually does.

 

Like always he’s wearing pitch black, but instead of his usual choice of sweats or baggy shirts, he's wearing a black button down today that he pairs with a pair of ripped black jeans with a belt in the loops. He looks like sin and Taehyung can’t help it when his mouth waters and he bites his lips. A soft scent of strawberries leaves him and Hoseok smacks his as he walks by.

 

“Keep that under control will you. We still got customers,”

 

Taehyung colors and pouts, he can’t help it. The alpha has been coming in for about two weeks now a couple times a week and Taehyung always stares at him woefully from a distance but can never gather enough courage to go get his order.

 

Not today though he decides and easily pushes Hoseok out of the way at the cash register when the beautiful alpha approaches. Hoseok crashes into a pile of trays and falls gracelessly to the floor with them but Taehyung smiles pristinely at the alpha and flutters his eyelashes as the crash echoes loudly through the store.

 

“May I take your order, sir?”

 

The alpha looks slightly worried but more amused as he just shrugs, “sure, can I get an iced americano,” he asks and Taehyung nods way too enthusiastically, the smell of strawberries wafting around. He can’t help it though it's the first time he’s properly heard the strangers voice and it's all gravely and deep and oh , okay, control Taehyung.

 

The alpha clears his throat a little awkwardly and looks away but Taehyung has already made an of himself so he powers through anyways, “Anything else with that, sir?” ‘perhaps me?’ he considers adding but aha! He’s been working on that brain to mouth filter so thankfully that thought stays within the confines of his head.

 

The alpha looks up at him droopy soft eyes and he runs a hand through his pretty black hair as he just shakes his head shyly. This close, Taehyung truly notices the crisp scent of leather bound books emitting from the alpha and , Taehyung was having a very hard time right now.

 

“Um,” he gets lost in thought before he mentally slaps himself, “right um, name, please? For the coffee.”

 

The alpha looks up, “Yoongi.”

 

he was so cute! Taehyung was definitely internally squealing and okay he might be smiling slightly teary-eyed as he carefully wrote his crushes name down on the cup and smiled at him full of feeling.

 

“Yoongi! Your drink will be out in just a short while!” he said so passionately Yoongi proceeded to look at him like he was very disturbed and he edged himself far away from Taehyung and towards where Hoseok— who had finally made his way off of the floor— was working on his drink while scoffing. Taehyung did not break eye contact with Yoongi until the next customer rudely cleared his throat and demanded his attention.

 

Yoongi leaves before Taehyung has a chance to really look at him again or say goodbye and he pouts as the store settles down with a few customers sitting around with their drinks.

 

“I’m so sad he’s gone.” Taehyung whines and Hoseok rolls his eyes.

 

“Gone for good after the scare you gave him probably.”

 

Taehyung’s heart clenches and his eyes water as he turns them on Hoseok looking like a kicked puppy, “do you really think I scared him Hobi? Do you really think he won’t come back!”

 

Hoseok looks at him and flinches because let's be honest, everyone was a er for Taehyung’s sad face. Feeling apologetic he smoothes a gentle hand through Taehyung’s hair, “no TaeTae, I'm sure he’ll be back. I mean he came back before too even though you were watching him from behind the pillar the whole fifteen minutes he was here! I’m sure he thinks its endearing.”

 

Taehyung nods, he had to believe his black-clad angel— or well he had a name now— he had to believe Yoongi would return.



 

______________________


 

Yoongi does return but it's horrible because Taehyung is taking an order at the booths for someone else, answering a question about which of their pastries is gluten-free so by the time he's done he turns around only to see Yoongi walking out the door and into the busy streets and he almost collapses.

 

He looks at Hoseok at the counter who makes a helpless face and shrugs at him.

 

“Sorry Tae, I couldn’t be like, hold on so my lovesick coworker can take this one.”

 

Taehyung might have cried just a little bit and Hoseok comfortingly pats his back.

 

At least the bright side to all this is that Yoongi did in fact return and Taehyung had not scared him off… yet.

 

The rest of the night slows down significantly and eventually, Hoseok goes home and Taehyung is left alone to close up. It starts raining and he sighs as he drums his fingertips on the countertop counting down the minutes. He has a few things left to do but he can’t do them until closing officially happens and he hums to himself softly singing Elvis under his breath.

 

When it finally strikes nine he happily goes to close the store down.

 

He’s locking the door when he, unfortunately, sees a person in the last booth. The person in the booth is head down and nose deep into a novel and lost to the world, and who knows how long he had been there, Taehyung hadn’t even noticed him.

 

He sighs but gets up from where he had been wedging the lock into place at the bottom of the door and dusts off his pants.

 

“Um, sir.” He says as gently as possible but the man still jumps at his the sound of his voice and looks up, pretty glittering eyes meeting his own, “I’m sorry but we are actually closed for the night now.”

 

The man immediately gets up, “Oh my god I’m so sorry! I lost track of time,” he rambles as he looks around him and out into the dark rainy night while shoving all his things into his bag and throws on his coat.

 

When he approaches Taehyung, Taehyung feels a pit of dread settle deep in his tummy because the thing was this folks, this man was absolutely stunning and Taehyung currently smelled like someone dumped a bucket of strawberries on him and it went perfectly with this man’s— this beautiful man's— lilac smell. even his smell was ing pretty.

 

Now the thing was this, this man in front of him was so very omega. The epitome of omega if not more. An omega god if you will. Now this story may have failed to mention this but Taehyung himself was also an omega. A not very omega omega. But an omega omega of the twenty-first-century omega where he’s all stereotypes and love and be with whoever you want to be with kind of omega. And well Taehyung had figured on early on in his life that while he definitely had no problem with liking betas and alphas, he also definitely didn't have a problem with omegas either.

 

And well if he’s reading the atmosphere right than this super omega omega is totally into his not so omega omega cause he smiles like lilacs from a mile off and is giving him bedroom eyes and . Maybe the super omega omega isn't so omega omega either.

 

“It's raining outside,” he says as he looks at the boy who is about to head out into the rain like a lost dream

 

“I guess it is,” the omega says confused, clearly still stirred up, his pupils are slightly blown, Taehyung's must be too. He feels like a cheater. He should let omega omega go so he can go back to peacefully pining after Yoongi and not be a crush cheater. But the omega doesn’t have an umbrella, and it's really cold and dark and Taehyung can’t morally let him go out like that.

 

“You should— you should wait a bit till it stops raining, I still have a few things to do so I don’t mind you waiting it out.”

 

The Omega looks at him all beautiful— lips supple and full, blush high on his cheeks, and the softest sweetest looking face god has ever put on this earth… well .

 

“Um,” the omega says, “thank you so much,” and he throws the cutest bunchiest sweetest smile Taehyung's way and Taehyung smiles back and very calmly walks into the kitchen before hitting his had on the nearest stainless steel wall.

 

He is a crush cheater.

 

______________________


 

Eventually, he makes his way back out and wipes down all the tables and booths quickly upturning any chairs. Counts through the till making sure the omega omega isn't a sneaky omega instead and had bewitched him to stay back so he could rob the store. But the omega is sitting in the booth by the door just reading his novel occasionally glancing outside but it's still raining. Eventually, the half-hour comes and goes and it’s still raining so he looks at his umbrella and at the cute boy and makes a split second decision. 

“It’s still raining, do you want me to walk you home?”

 

The beautiful boy jumps up at Taehyung’s sudden question but nods closing his book and stuffing it back in his bag, “Are you closing now?”

 

“Yup,”

 

The boy looks shy before he nods his head sweetly, “If you don’t mind! I would appreciate it! No other place is open around here I think, so you’re saving me!”

 

The boy is so cute all of Taehyung’s uwu’s melt off into a puddle at his feet dammit who let this boy be so cute.

 

“No um, that’s okay! No problem!” he basically yells back and the boy looks taken aback but then laughs cutely as Taehyung tries not to stab his eyeballs out with the plastic forks on the counter and instead heads to the door.

 

He gives the boy the umbrella and they stand under the awning as Taehyung shuts all the lights off then and locks up.

 

When he turns back around the boy already has the umbrella open and partially over Taehyung and himself, “You let me wait inside and are walking me home so the least I can do is hold the umbrella for us.”

 

Taehyung almost squeals like a true anime queen in some quality shoujo but holds it all in as this beautiful omega prince walks him home.

 

“Um sorry I didn’t catch your name,” Taehyung says being slick as hell but also still staring at the handsomest profile he has ever had the pleasure of viewing.

 

“Oh um Kim Seokjin,” the omega says blushing as he looks down at him, “But you can just call me Jin.”

 

it smelled like lilacs again, Taehyung was so heady, “Um I’m Taehyung Jin-ssi, it’s nice to meet you,”

 

“You too,” Jin says staring at him and then blushing and looking away.

 

Taehyung also looks away and then mumbles, “Um so where are we headed to drop you off?”

 

Jin fumbles, “Oh right! Not very far I live just off of Hanwoo street by the gas station near campus,”

 

“Oh cool!” Taehyung says, “I live in the dorms near there, do you still go to school?”

 

“Yeah I’m actually getting a major in English Lit,” he says and Taehyung swoons.

 

“That’s so cool! I'm getting a bachelors in marketing.”

 

Jin looked excited, “that's cool too!”

 

Taehyung laughed, “hardly compared to you!”

 

The lilacs got stronger and mixed in with Taehyung's strawberry scent he was practically salivating.

 

They were getting close to campus and Taehyung couldn’t help but ask, “so uh Seokjin-ssi,”

 

“Jin is fine,” Seokjin squeaked his cheeks super red and Taehyung his lips.

 

“Jin then, I’m guessing hyung? Do you come around often?”

 

“Not often enough,” Jin whispered and Taehyung caught it but he smirked and looked at him.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing!” Jin nearly shouted before regaining his composure, “but I was going to say that I hadn’t actually ever come to the shop before. I had heard about it from my roommate but had never been. I decided to try it today.”

 

Taehyung looked at him expectantly and Jin gave him a small smile, “the coffee will have me coming back though,”

 

Taehyung gave him bedroom eyes, he usually didn’t even pull them out on the first date but Jin had him feeling some type of way, “the coffee hm?”

 

“Yes,” Jin spike in a strained voice his scent practically tangible and sweet on Taehyung's tongue, “it’s very good.”

 

Taehyung smiles standing in front of Jin’s apartment building.

 

When had that happened?

 

“I guess I’ll see you around then?” He said suave as Jin dazedly handed him back the umbrella once he was safe under the awning, “for more coffee of course,”  Taehyung added with a smirk and started to walk away leaving a enchanted Jin behind— except like five steps into his y strut away his shoe got caught in a crack and he almost trips, flailing before regaining his balance and he looked back up to see Jin surprised face before he broke out into these cute little gasping giggles and Taehyung didn’t even care if he made a fool of himself because that was the sweetest noise ever. He waved as he regained footing and made a significantly less cool exit but Jin’s eyes were still on him.


 

______________________


 

When he goes to school the next day he frowns at Jimin.

 

“I love him.”

 

Jimin raises a brow not unused to his sudden proclamations of love and sighs, “Who? Your alpha?”

 

“No this omega I met last night.”

 

Jimin does look surprised at this and leans in to scent him which has his eyes going wide, “holy ! Did you a random omega last night, you smell like one!”

 

“No! oh my god Jimin! I think he just ended up leaving a little bit of his scent behind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter