Seventh

One Last Time

Jessica looked in her closet with a frustrated sigh, “None of this will work.” Going back to her bed, Jessica threw herself on her bed and reached over for the phone. Surprisingly, Jessica remembered the number like the back of her hand, “Hey Yuri can you come over? Yes…I just need your help.”

After hanging up the phone, Jessica rolled onto her back and looked up to the ceiling waiting for the few minutes it would take Yuri to put on pants and walk across the street. Reluctantly, Jessica got off her bed and went downstairs to open the door for Yuri.

“Hello there.”

Jessica smiled, “come in.”

“So what do you need my help for?”

Jessica looked around the corner to find her sister secretly listening in, “come to my room.” Happily, Yuri followed behind Jessica waiting to hear what her friend wanted, “So I was thinking from Friday…you know to catch Taeyeon’s attention…I want to you know…accentuate my assets?”

Yuri looked down to what Jessica was talking about and grinned, “Oh…”

Jessica quickly covered her s, “Yah stop looking…”

“I get it, you want Taeyeon to look but not me? I hate to break it to you, but every guy and lesbian is going to look if you show off that area.”

Jessica laughed, “I get it…umm well I don’t have any clothes for that purpose.”

Yuri went around Jessica’s room looking for anything, “I didn’t know you dressed so conservative…should we go to my place? I think I have what you are looking for.”

“I didn’t know you had a secret stash of ty clothes,” Jessica teased.

Confidant like usual, Yuri swayed her hips, “I know what I have and I don’t need to hide it.”

Jessica giggled, “whatever you say.”

 

The next day, Jessica was very conscious of what she had on under her cardigan, “I am going to get kicked out of school because of you.”

“You will be fine if only Taeyeon sees it.”

“If I can get her alone,” Jessica said with a heavy voice, “I am like the plague to her and Tiffany is glued to her hip.”

“That is why I am here to help. I can get Tiffany away from her, but you need to do what we rehearsed.”

“I hope you are right and I won’t look back at this ten years later wondering why I made a fool out of myself. I am basically exposing myself to my friend.”

“You are completely covered.” Yuri rolled her eyes, “I will see you during gym.”

“How are you going to make Taeyeon show up late?”

“You stay focused and let me do the rest,” Yuri winked before running off to her next class.

Jessica wrapped her arms around herself hoping nothing happened before gym that would make her cardigan come off.

Walking to class, Jessica avoided eye contact with everyone because she was so focused on getting to her seat with her book as a shield to the front of her clothing. She cursed herself for letting Yuri getting involved. She was convinced that Yuri did this for her own satisfaction. There had to be other ways than this to get Taeyeon to pay attention to her.

“You look tense.”

Jessica nearly jumped out of her skin when Yoona came up to her, “Oh you know…I heard a quiz was today.”

Yoona groaned, “Ah I am going to fail out of this class.”

Jessica wanted to spill the beans that the girl would do just fine without any education, “You will be fine.”

“You only say that because you are like super smart. Not everyone gets this stuff like you.”

“We can always do like a study group of you wanted?”

“Really? That would be great!”

Jessica smiled wondering why her younger self was too selfish to offer to tutor her friends. She really was so self-centered as a teen, “No problem.”

“Alright kids! Books away and get ready for the quiz.”

Jessica didn’t want to put her book down. It was the only thing blocking what she was wearing. Carefully, Jessica removed the book from her front and wrapped her cardigan tightly around herself, sighing in relief that nothing showed.

“Are you ready Ms. Jung?” The teacher came by passing out the quiz.

Jessica smiled, “Of course.” Sighing in relief, Jessica calmed her heart rate down and took the quiz with ease. Nearly every student groaned when Jessica turned in her paper first.

Yuri leaned over, “Hey give me the answers.”

Jessica glared at her friend, “no way.”

Yuri gave the most pitiful pout, “please.”

“Ms. Kwon quite down back there. 10 minutes left!”

Jessica laughed when Yuri started to look like she was dying. At this time Jessica has no idea how she becomes so successful when she got older. Maybe she hit her head when she was older and suddenly became smart?

“Alright pencils down and come in to turn your quiz. You are dismissed for the day.”

Jessica smiled knowing she got a perfect A on that quiz, “I totally bombed that. You should have reminded me yesterday that we had one.”

“I thought you knew,” Jessica clutched her book tight.

“You look uncomfortable.” Yuri joked.

“Of course! You made me put it on.”

“Don’t stress. The city girls dress this way. Totally normal.”

“When do you go to the city? Aren’t you too young?”

Yuri rolled her eyes, “lucky for you, I brought a different shirt you can change into after gym.”

Jessica smiled, “thank you.”

“That wasn’t the thanks I wanted. You should have told me about the quiz.” Yuri clung onto Jessica almost making her fall over and lose her book.

“Yah! Be careful.”

“Oh sorry.” Yuri giggled.

“Come on let’s hurry to gym so I can get this over with.” Jessica pushed Yuri towards the gym, “if this doesn’t work, I am blaming you.”

“It will I promise.” Yuri said with a wicked grin.

The two girls go over to the gym and head down to the locker rooms. Unfortunately, Yuri and Jessica do not spot their target, “Where is she?”

Yuri looked around the lockeroom but couldn’t find Taeyeon, “I am not sure. Maybe she is running late?”

Jessica sighed looking up at the clock, “why don’t you go ahead and I will wait a little longer.”

“Are you going to be okay?”

Jessica gave her friend a half-smile, “Yea. I am sure Coach Guri will not mark me tardy.”

Yuri nodded and quickly got changed like the other girls as Jessica waited with her arms crossed. When nearly all the other girls left, Taeyeon came rushing in nearly out of breath.

Taeyeon froze when she saw that everyone left except for the one person she was trying to avoid. Not wanting to be too close to Jessica, Taeyeon went to the last cubical of lockers and proceeded to get changed.

Jessica knew she had to follow through with her plan although Taeyeon was making it more difficult by going as far away as possible, but Jessica mustered up the courage and went into Taeyeon’s stall when the other girl had a shirt over her head.

Carefully, Jessica removed her cardigan so when Taeyeon finally got her shirt off, she had a very interesting sight in front of her. There was Jessica in a racy tube top that clearly outlined her assets. Jessica smirked when she saw that Taeyeon couldn’t keep her eyes off a particular part of her body. Proceeding with Yuri’s plan, Jessica removed the tube top showing a lacy red bra that caused Taeyeon to get a nosebleed instantly.

“Oh Taeyeon are you okay?”

Jessica ran out and came back with tissues while Taeyeon held her bleeding nose, “ah I am okay.”

Jessica came close to Taeyeon to inspect her nose but Taeyeon was trying her best not to look at the tantalizing sight in front of her, “are you going to be okay?”

Taeyeon waved off the other girl, “I am fine really. Please put on some clothes.”

Jessica stood up straight, “Oh yea I should. Hey Taeyeon I wanted to ask if you liked the bra? Yuri said it would go well with my dress for prom.”

Taeyeon coughed violently picturing Jessica in a tight dress and that bra peaking out it’s succulent lace, “sure sure…” Turning around, Taeyeon was having an inner battle to keep staring and not look at all.

Jessica finally put on her gym clothes covering up her gorgeous body. Before she went out, Jessica tapped Taeyeon on the shoulder causing the later to nearly jump out of her skin, “don’t be too late.”

Taeyeon nodded still not daring to look at Jessica although she was probably decent.

Jessica chuckled on her way out and immediately found Yuri, “is Taeyeon here?”

Jessica grinned, “Yes. She got a nosebleed.”

Yuri wanted to squeal for joy but refrained from drawing too much attention to herself, “oh my God. This worked better than I thought. So she didn’t ignore you?”

“Well she kind of did, but at the same time she interacted well with me. I would say that you are right. Taeyeon has a erted mind.”

“Exactly,” Yuri snapped, “so was it the bra?”

Giggling, Jessica slapped Yuri on the shoulder, “I still don’t know why you have that kind of thing in your house.”

“It is y right?”

Jessica rolled her eyes, “Yea sure.”

A whistle blew and the coach came over to start class. A few seconds later, a flustered Taeyeon came running out of the locker oom apologizing to the gym teacher who graciously forgave the young woman. Needless to say, Taeyeon had a hard time focusing in class to day as one girl kept her attention the whole hour.

---------------------------

“I think this plan backfired.” Jessica sighed dejected in her last period of the day.

“I thought it worked out well. What are you talking about?” Yuri fished out a snack from her bag and ate it hoping the teacher wouldn’t come in early.

“At first, but now she doesn’t even make eye-contact with me. She is avoiding me even more than before.” Jessica threw her head onto the table wondering where all her energy went.

“Ah well…I think it was a good plan. She is more aware of your presence.”

Jessica groaned one last time trying to figure out why she was sent back in time in the first place. She thought it was to make up with Taeyeon but nothing is going right. Taeyeon never forgave her although she apologized like a thousand times. She sought help from her friends but all their plans failed in getting her and Taeyeon to make up.

Maybe this was fate’s cruel way of telling Jessica that no matter what she did, she would never make up with Taeyeon until 10 years later when they matured enough to realize this was a petty fight. Out of all of this, Jessica came to one conclusion and that was she finally made time for her friends.

Old Jessica was so focused on studying that she hardly remembered hanging out with Yuri although she lived across the street. She didn’t remember going to the mall and getting dressed up for the biggest dance of the year. AND she even went to a sporting event. Even if she couldn’t make up with Taeyeon, Jessica was happy to live her life as a teenager again.

“Should we think of something else?” Yuri asked concerned.

Jessica emerged from her desk smiling, “No. I want to focus on the dance with all our friends. I won’t let this thing with Taeyeon ruin what is supposed to be a fun night.”

“Great! The dance is going to be out of this world and even if Taeyeon were to dampen your fun for the night, remember you have 8 great friends that will always make sure you are not dancing alone.”

Jessica giggled, “I feel like it took so long for me to figure out how great you all are.”

“I am amazed you took your nose out of the books long enough to remember that.” Yuri reached over and patted Jessica’s shoulder, “I hope in 10 years, we will still be friends. I like the way things are now.”

Jessica flashed a smile and sat up straight in her chair to look into Yuri’s eyes, “Even if we don’t meet up often, this friendship will never die.”