Chapter 3

Overwater Bungalow

Choosing something to wear was not a hard of a task for Lisa she just picked the first decent dress from her suitcase which is in that case was an above the knee floral dress and put it on. After a few minutes of getting dressed, she put on light make up just in case someone might recognize her. She grabbed her purse, switched the lights off and went out her bungalow, the woman was already there leaning on the railings back on Lisa’s door. She was wearing a black above the ankle slacks with plain white shirt tucked in it and a white sneakers. She turned to face Lisa when she heard the door shut.

“Hey, what took you so lo….”

She stopped mid-sentence as she turned to see Lisa and scanned her from head to toe that made Lisa uncomfortable.

“Do I look funny? Did I overdressed?”

Lisa can’t seem to stop obsessing over her looks, she always want to look her best for they we’re trained to be that way.

“Wait… What? No. I mean, you don’t look funny. Let’s--- go.”

They made their way to the said restaurant, they got out the premises of the hotel and continued their tracks in the unknown neighborhood. As they we’re walking people are looking as they pass them by, Lisa made the right choice of wearing makeup, some definitely recognized her.

“Am I pretty?”

The girl suddenly asked.

“Uhhh, Yeah? I think so, why’d you asked?”

“People keep staring at me. Weird.”

Lisa suddenly chocked over her own laughter for trying to contain it.

“Heeeeey! What’s so funny!”

Lisa just let out her laughter rather than containing it, she couldn’t help it anyway. It was funny to her that the girl was so oblivious to who she is. Which put her at ease, because even though she love her fans, She was not really comfortable going out with one.

They seemed to be getting the vibe of each other already, the girl just like since when Lisa first met her that morning was still very playful, Lisa on the other hand who seemed snob when they first met was actually just like a little girl who get amused by everything around her that is new to her eyes, they even stopped over a couple of stores whenever Lisa found something cute.

The girl’s demeanor only changed when they we’re near the restaurant, which Lisa didn’t mind. But she can’t help but notice the girl beside her seemed to be nervous.

“Hey, you okay?”

“Yes, yes of course. I’m just starving.”

They went to the reception booth. And the girl asked for the reservation under the name, Kim. The crew guided them to their table, it was set up beautifully, and too romantic for Lisa’s taste so she wondered why she was taken there. She looked around, it was indeed full packed during the nights there we’re a lot of people mostly couples dining there.

“Kim huh? That’s a cute name of yours.” Lisa teased the girl.

As they got seated, the waiter poured wine into their glasses and asked them to just call him when they’re ready to order.

“So, Kim. What are we ordering?”

“Actually, I’m not Kim. That’s the name of my ex-girlfriend, she was the one who made the reservation here.”

Lisa felt bad for her, she remembered the girl’s story from earlier that day about her girlfriend cheating on her. It must be really hard for her to still go there. And she figured that if the ex-girlfriend made the reservation there, it means that it was supposed to be their trip not just the girl alone, she wanted to sympathize with her but the girl started to talk again.

“I wasn’t supposed to eat here anymore but I figured you must want to go out tonight to forget about your cheating ex-boyfriend, plus, I was the one who paid for the down payment, and it’s not refundable. So, here we are!”

“Oh my god! You’re impossible! I was about to feel sorry for what happened to you but there you are blabbering nonsense about my boyfriend.”

The girls face lit up.

“So I was right! Your boyfriend cheated on you! I knew it!”

Lisa was getting embarrassed, people we’re looking at them, the girl was really loud. So she stepped up to calm her down.

“No! No one cheated on me, I don’t even have a boyfriend okay? Why don’t we just order something and eat?”

Their table had finally calmed down and the bad air seemed to vanish when the food arrived. They ate to their hearts content, the food was superb, that, they both agreed on.

When they we’re done eating the girl asked for the bill, the two was arguing about who was gonna pay, Lisa was insisting since the girl was the one who already paid for the reservation, but she was just so stubborn so Lisa lost.

Lisa saw her companion’s eye widened, she looked at where she was looking and saw the waiter with the bill and a bouquet of flower on hand approached them. He gave the bill to the girl and the flowers to Lisa and made his exit.

“That. I forgot to cancel together with the restaurant reservation. Oh my god, this is so embarrassing, you should just leave it there, it doesn’t matter.”

It was a beautiful bouquet of flowers, Lisa loves flowers, it makes her breathe well.

“You know what? I’m gonna keep this, I’m never gonna waste this beauty and I bet this’ll make my room smell good. Only if it is okay with you if course, it’s yours anyway.”

Lisa just kept on smelling the flowers.

“Nope, not mine. Plus, I don’t wanna be reminded of the supposed to be owner of that hahaha”

Lisa was strangely relieved with what she said, finally a hint of bitterness from the girl. It was actually unusual that she looked and talked happily all the time about her recent heartbreak until that moment.

 

 

“So that was why they kept on looking”

Lisa thought that maybe the girl already realized who she was.

“They thought we’re a couple and they were judging us!”

Lisa chuckled a bit coz she thought wrong. The girl doesn’t really know her indeed.

“I’m really tired, do you want to make a shortcut?”

She was actually also tired so she agreed and followed the girl, they circled the restaurant until they were already at the shore. So that was the shortcut she was talking about, looking straight at the shoreline the light from the over the water bungalows were to be seen.

They were walking on the sand and Lisa was far behind her company, Lisa couldn’t help but laugh even though she was struggling walking with her shoes because the girl kept talking as if Lisa was just near her, when she realized no one was responding, she looked back and walked back to Lisa.

“I told you to wear something nice, not something formal.”

“Hey! I didn’t know what you meant with nice okay.”

Lisa was surprised when the girl kneeled in front of her and removed the buckles of her heels which cost her a lot of time for it was really dark out there, when she finally got both the buckles loose, she then took off the shoes.

“Let me hold this, both your hands are pretty occupied.”

That being said, Lisa was holding her purse and the flowers in each hand.

“Thanks.”

They walked down the shore quietly which is unusual, because the whole day Lisa was with the girl they were either cracking jokes or bickering. Although, it was the good kind of silence, it was the kind that you would want when you like to contemplate about life, Lisa was actually happy, she’d never been for a long time now, maybe that trip was what she really needed, and it was only her first day, she had a few more days ahead of her, and she definitely hoped that it will be as good if not more like her first day.

She turned to look at the girl beside her who was the one that was unusually quiet.  A brief eye contact occurred.

“You know what? I’m really cold, I’m going to run.”

Before Lisa could object, the girl went away sprinting.

 

Was that tears in her eyes?