Chapter 2

Overwater Bungalow

Continuous ringing of the phone was heard in Lisa’s room, people from her agency and her members are calling her non-stop. They we’re in the second leg of their world tour when Lisa decided to take a break only spoken to her manager before she left caused an uproar reaction from everyone else in her agency, everyone got worked up when Lisa suddenly disappeared, fans who bought tickets around the world was expecting for the four of the Blackpink but was met with a , there we’re a lot of complaints but no one can really explain the sudden disappearance of the group’s main rapper and dancer. Everyone was disappointed with her actions, they all know that she may be tired and the stress got in to her completely, but she was not the only one, the other members and the staff are definitely feeling the same way, they thought that it was a selfish move of her, but Lisa on the other hand was carrying a much heavier baggage than they thought.

Lisa wanted to speak with her members but she was scared, she knew they despise her for leaving them hanging but she also knew that more than everyone else, they deserved more of her explanation, just as she was about to make a group call with the three of her members, there was another ring on her phone, when she checked the caller ID, it was Jisoo, her unnie. Jennie, Chaeyoung and Jisoo are more than just a member for her, they we’re more like her sisters, but being the maknae of the group, she grew closer to Jisoo, she was like the older sister she never had, the one who always makes fun of her but when time comes that she may be in need of someone to talk to, or when she misses her family and her home back in Thailand, she go to Jisoo, whenever she’s with her, she feels like home.

With a little bit of hesitation, she decided to take the call, hoping that her unnie would forgive her with her wrong doings.

“Lalisa yah… It’s okay.”

And once again Jisoo felt like home.

“J-jisoo unnie…”

Lisa couldn’t help but cry at that point. She had been feeling a lot of emotions lately but that one sentence from Jisoo was the only positive feeling she’d had.

During their first years being trainees, Lisa grew closer to Jisoo and whenever she was feeling homesick, Jisoo would just lay with her on the bed saying nothing, it was as if she was reassuring Lisa that she was not  alone, that she had her unnie with her always so she should not feel homesick. It was like that right then. Jisoo was reassuring her that it’s okay. And no matter how hard, she still believed it.

“Unnie… I didn’t know what else to do.”

“Why didn’t you talk to us? To me.”

“I tried, but I’m so scared of what you might say.”

“You know I’ll always try to understand, no matter how hard it is to do.”

She know, Lisa knows that Jisoo was always the understanding member, it’s not that the other two doesn’t understand her but maybe there is some connection the maknae and the eldest one has that is different from the others.

And Jisoo knew that she knows it.

“Just enjoy yourself there, don’t worry about us and try to ignore the calls you get from the agency, they really are pissed, but I’ll try to explain to them what was going on with you. Just have fun, and try to get yourself a guy wherever you are… Or are you not alone? Oh my god do you have a boyfriend that we don’t know? Is he the reason of your disappearance?”

And just like that the usual Jisoo has resurfaced.

“Why is everyone talking about boyfriends?”

The two continued talking, Jisoo was mimicking how their boss reacted when he found out about Lisa and told her the story about how everyone called her a pain in the well, except for their members, they knew Lisa enough to not judge her based on whatever she’s done. Lisa was also telling her stories about how she end up being in the Polynesia in the first place and was just stopped when someone called Jisoo in the background and Lisa knew that it was their cue to say goodbye.

“I’m being called. Anyways, have fun okay? Me and the girls miss you so much. Just call me when you get back, Annyeong Lalisa.”

“Annyeong Jisoo unnie, thank you. And tell Jennie and Chaeyoung that I miss them too. I’ll see you in ten days.”

They finally hung up after their goodbyes. Lisa was relieved after having the talk with Jisoo, atleast then she knew that she can talk to her members, it was too hard not to share her days in Moorea.

 

She went out her balcony and was surprised to see the sun almost setting, she and jisoo must’ve talked for a long time then. When she looked to her right she got even more surprised, The girl was sitting on her balcony patiently waiting for the sun to set while drinking beer. She doesn’t seem to notice Lisa, so Lisa chose to not bother her. She went inside to get her camera and began to capture the beauty of the sun slowly being eaten by the seemingly unending blue of the ocean that is in front of her very own eyes. She was then startled when the girl started to talk.

“You know what? This right here is the most beautiful sunset I’ve ever seen out of all the places I’ve witnessed one. I never get tired and will never get tired of watching it since my day one here.”

Lisa just nodded in agreement, it was indeed a beautiful sunset. The cold breeze of the nearing night and the warmth the sun’s giving was beyond perfect.

The girl abruptly stood up.

“I have an idea!”

This is bad, Lisa thought.

“Do you see the light from over there?”

Lisa followed with sight to where the girl was pointing.

“I heard that it was the best restaurant you can find in this island, plus it’s only a twenty minute walk from here. Let’s go! Wear something nice, I’ll meet you outside in ten minutes.”

“Whoa whoa whoa, stop right there. Aren’t you drunk? You we’re drinking since this morning.”

Lisa was actually concerned with the girl, she must’ve been drinking the whole day.

“Uhhhh, no I’m not. I was asleep the whole day when I went in after swimming.”

Point taken.

“And who said I’m coming with you?”

“Come on! It’s the best trust me, everyone was talking about it ever since I got here, even the hotel staff are recommending it even if it’s not in the hotel premises.”

Lisa was almost convinced.

“Let me think about it.”

“What? No! We couldn’t get a table when we go there later than… now. That’s what I heard.”

Why is she suddenly acting weird?

“Okay fine! But in one condition, don’t ask me why I am here on my own ever again okay?”

“Deal!”

The girl reached out her hand to form a hand shake like as if she was able to reach Lisa’s. Lisa just rolled her eyes and went inside her room.