CHAPTER 13

HEARTS' MELODY

Author's point of view:

The next day:

     It was now 6:45 AM and Seungho was now on his way to AhnJi's place. He smiled to himself as he carried two warm cup of coffees in his hand. He couldn't wait to hear about what AhnJi really thought about the concert. He was hoping for her to have a change of heart but AhnJi was unpredictable. He was just around the corner from her apartment building when he heard someone call out to him.

"MBLAQ's Yang Seungho."

     Seungho turned around to face whoever it was calling out to him. It wasn't anyone he recognized but Seungho stopped nonetheless to see what he wanted.

"Do I know you?" Seungho asked.

"No, but I know you." The stranger said.

"Ah, I see. I'm sorry, I need to go-"

"To see AhnJi?" He said.

"Excuse me?" Seungho asked confused, "How do you know AhnJi?"

"My name is Ricki. I used to be her manager."

     Seungho quickly realized who he was. He was brought back to the memory of Ricki slapping AhnJi across the face. Seungho became annoyed in a split second.

"What brings you around here?" Seungho asked.

"I came to talk to AhnJi, of course. And you? How did you two meet?" Ricki asked with a devilish smirk.

"What do you need to talk to her about? I heard you two have nothing to do with each other anymore." Seungho asked instead of answering Ricki's question.

"Mm, just pointless things really. Maybe about you." Ricki taunted.

     Seungho froze at this. He was scared that Ricki would reveal to AhnJi who he really was.

"She doesn't know who you really are, does she?" Ricki then assumed, "I've known her for a long time to know that she isn't quite fond of idols."

     Seungho didn't know how to respond. He was caught and he didn't know how to avoid this.

"Please, don't tell AhnJi." He begged in defeat.

"So, I was right? Ha, it was just a guess." Ricki laughed.

"What do you want?" Seungho now asked.

"I should be the one asking you. What do you want?"

"I want to help her." Seungho stated.

"By lying to her? I don't know how you're planning on helping someone who has trust issues. It doesn't sound right, does it?"

"I'm going to tell her. I will, I just need her to trust me first." Seungho explained.

"I wonder what would happen if I told her now." Ricki pondered as he walked a little ahead of Seungho, walking towards AhnJi's apartment building.

"You wouldn't."

"You think so? Their is nothing I'd want to see more than AhnJi getting rid of you and for her to come running back to me. I'm the only one who she would trust in the end." Ricki said half yelling as he faced Seungho again.

"What do you want? What do I have to do so that you don't tell her?" Seungho asked as the last resort.

"Now that's what I like to hear. It's simple, all I want is a little funding now and then." He smirked.

     Seungho thought about it for a second. Money wasn't really an issue for Seungho but he didn't think he'd be able to trust that Ricki would keep his mouth shut.

"How much?" Seungho asked.

======

Five minutes later:

     Seungho was now in front of AhnJi's door. He hesitated before finally knocking on the door. At this point he had no choice but to tell AhnJi before Ricki could betray him. As he thought of how he had just practically made a deal with the devil he became even more angry. Did he really need to go as far as paying someone to keep a secret? All this was for AhnJi's sake and he couldn't explain where his emotions stood with AhnJi anymore. He wanted to make her sing but it was only getting harder and harder to do. He was now considering giving up on her.

     At that moment, AhnJi opened the door and smiled as she saw Seungho. Everything seemed to move in slow motion as he saw her standing in front of him. He took in every detail, her bright smile, her big brown eyes, her long hair. He wanted to reach out and caress her face.

"You're late." She said, knocking him back to reality.

     He shook his head, trying to erase those previous thoughts.

"Sorry, I ran into someone on the way." He answered.

     AhnJi smiled again and motioned for him to come in. As he walked in he took in the scent of freshly made buttermilk pancakes.

"I hope you're hungry. I made breakfast." She smiled.

     For some reason AhnJi couldn't stop smiling. Her smile only got bigger as Seungho walked over to the kitchen and took a bite out of a pancake. He quickly approved and that made her very happy. AhnJi quickly grabbed a plate and served him a couple of pancakes. They both sat in silence as they ate. AhnJi was admiring Seungho's big appetite as Seungho was contemplating if he should tell her who he really was.

"Can I ask you something?" Seungho suddenly asked in between the meal.

"Sure." She answered, giving him all her attention.

"You said you didn't like idol groups. May I know why?"

     AhnJi quickly froze and looked back down at her plate. She didn't expect him to ask that forbidden question. Seungho was supposed to make her forget about the past but he was now the one bringing it up. She didn't want to talk about it but he was the one asking. If it was someone else she would have never explained it to them, but this was Seungho. She trusted him, she wanted him to be a part of her world, so she didn't avoid this question and instead she told him.

"I use to be a huge fan girl-" She started to say, "I use to stay up all night blogging and searching for updates of SS501. I really liked them."

"What happened?"

"My parents, they had bought tickets for me to see SS501. On the way there-" AhnJi's eyes began to water with just the thought of it, "My parents were killed in an accident. My sister and I were the only ones who survived."

     At that moment Seungho regretted asking her. He should have known better but he didn't expect it to be such a sad story.

"It was my fault. If I hadn't been so into my fan girl world my parents would still be alive and I wouldn't have to feel sorry to my sister every time I see her."

     AhnJi's tears began to fall uncontrollably. Seungho got up from his seat and kneeled in front of AhnJi. He caressed her cheeks, wiping the tears off of her face and then pulled her into a hug.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked." He cooed.

"It's all my fault. It's all my fault." She sobbed into his chest.

"No, it's not. Your parents loved you, they just wanted to make you happy. Things happen for a reason." He tried to comfort her.

     AhnJi continued to cry as Seungho held her tight. He never meant to make her cry, he hated seeing her like this. AhnJi had a good reason to avoid anything to do with idol groups, it caused her pain. Seungho knew that telling her who he really was wasn't a good idea right now. It would only hurt her more and that pained Seungho. He needed more time, he needed her to see that he was being sincere with her.