CHAPTER 12

HEARTS' MELODY

Author's point of view:

"Unnie! Thank you so much, the show was amazing. I had so much fun! I'm still going crazy here. I can't believe they picked me to go on stage! Did you have a part in this?" JoAhn asked in a rush.

"I'm still in shock too, I had no idea they were going to do that either. I guess you just got really lucky." AhnJi laughed.

"I'm so happy right now, you have no idea how much I'm trying not to run and scream at the top of my lungs," She laughed, "But I'm more amazed by the fact that you were the one who decided to go. I thought you hated idol groups ever since - Well you know, ever since that happened." JoAhn regrettably said.

"I- I guess that is surprising. I probably would have been as happy as you are now if we had ever made it to that concert, right?" AhnJi asked in a whisper.

     Her eyes were becoming watery as she recalled the last time she had wanted to go to a concert. Three years ago, the day that her father hinted that they had a surprise in store for them, that was the day of SS501's concert in Seoul. Her parents wanted to surprise AhnJi by taking her to see her favorite group of all time. Unfortunately, they did not have the chance to make it there. AhnJi always felt guilty as she realized where they were headed before getting into that tragic accident. She blamed her obsession for killing her own parents. It was her fault that such a thing happened and she never let herself forget that.

     AhnJi let her tears silently fall as she remembered the accident. She looked over at her younger sister apologetically for having her lose her parents at such a young age. She blamed herself, she blamed the obsession she had developed over something that couldn't even compare to the value her parents had to her. The day of her parents funeral was the day she stopped being a TRIPLE S. She didn't want to continue being absorbed in the idol world, it only distracted her from reality and her reality now was taking care of JoAhn.

     All of a sudden AhnJi became angry at Seungho. She couldn't understand how he so easily made her forget her past. Since the day she quit singing, Seungho had stuck himself to her and from that moment on, nothing in her past mattered. Seungho today made her look at what her future could have looked like if she hadn't quit singing, but was that a fate she deserved? Did she really want to be a part of that world, that idol life? That was the world that caused her and her sister to be where they are now. It made no sense to AhnJi to pursue a career that took everything away from her.

     She was angry but grateful nonetheless. It was hard for her to describe all the emotions that Seungho aroused in her. She knew she had to keep her sanity in order to not be persuaded by him but was that really possible at this point?

"Unnie, are you okay?" JoAhn asked as they got on the bus to get home.

"Yeah, I'm fine." AhnJi smiled and wiped her tears away.

"Er- Is it okay if I sleep over at Jia's today? She went to the concert too and she wants me to sleep over so we can spazz." She explained.

     AhnJi smiled at her sister again and nodded a yes. She understood the excitement that JoAhn was probably feeling at that moment, JoAhn needed someone who would share that excitement with her and AhnJi wasn't that person.

"Don't stay up too late though." AhnJi said.

"Thank you! I promise I wont." JoAhn hugged her sister then.

     After another five minutes, JoAhn got off the bus near her friends house. AhnJi watched her walk over to her friend who was already waiting for her and waved goodbye to them. She rode the bus for another fifteen minutes before finally getting off. A million memories were popping up in her head and she was desperate to stop thinking about her past.

     AhnJi then thought of Seungho. How did he get her to forget about her past so easily? She hadn't thought about her dislike for idol groups at all since he came into her life. He made her feel like a different person, like she didn't have any worries. So easily she forgot everything, everything but the fact that she didn't want to sing anymore. Was it because that's all he wanted from her that she couldn't forget? She had always been stubborn but she knew it was only a matter of time until he made her forget about it too. Question now was, was she going to let him convince her?

    In the inside AhnJi wanted him around, she wanted to forget her past and if keeping him around was the only way then so be it. With that thought in mind, AhnJi decided to call him. She was nervous but she had the excuse of needing to thank him as her reason to call him.

"Hello?" Seungho answered.

"Seungho." She lightly said.

"Mm~ How was BEAST?"

"They were amazing. My sister was really happy. . . I just wanted to thank you. You have no idea how thankful I am." She said sincerely.

"That makes me happy to hear. Are you a B2UTY now?" He laughed.

     Hearing his laugh made her heart beat fast and her mind go blank. She couldn't explain how the sound of his voice was enough for her to forget everything. All her previous thoughts about hating the idol world and her past disappeared again.

"Um- I don't know. I'll admit that they were good and my sister has told me enough about them to write a book, but I don't think I'd go any farther than this one show." She admitted.

"Hm, I don't know if BEAST will be happy to hear that." He said and regretted it right away.

     She still didn't know who Seungho really was and he was scared that she'd find out before he had the chance to explain.

"That reminds me, how did you get front row seats? Wasn't it expensive?"

"I- I got them from a friend. He gave them to me and I couldn't refuse." Seungho said.

     It wasn't entirely a lie however. He really did get them from a friend, BEAST's Yoon DooJoon, but he wasn't going to tell her that.

"Really? Wow, what a nice friend."

"Hey, what are you doing tomorrow?" Seungho asked, as to change the subject.

"It's my day off, so I guess not much. Why?"

"Let's hang out tomorrow."

"Sounds good." She agrees with a huge smile plastered across her face.

"Are you falling for me?" He asked playfully.

"Wh-what?" She asked flustered.

"I'm just kidding. It's just that you're not pushing me away anymore, it makes me happy," He laughed again, "I'll meet you at your place then, around 7 AM?."

"Oh, okay. That's fine." She answered, blushing from his accusation.

"Goodnight, AhnJi."

"Goodnight, Seungho."