CHAPTER 11

HEARTS' MELODY

DooJoon's point of view:

"Hyung, did you hear?" Our maknae Dongwoon asked.

"Heard what?" I asked as I took a seat to get my hair done.

     Their was a couple of hours left for our 'Beautiful Show' tour to start and we were now backstage getting ready. Everyone was busily getting things done and I was beyond nervous. Dongwoon seemed to be the only one who was being careless. It didn't surprise me that he wanted to gossip at such a critical time.

"Seungho hyung was sent to the hospital yesterday." He simply stated.

"What?! Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I asked, scaring the hairstylist at my harsh tone.

     We were very close to MBLAQ. Seungho was our friend and I was mad that I was hearing this a day late. Why didn't anyone tell me sooner?

"I barely found out today through twitter. Their was a bunch of people sending him 'get well' messages. I think he's going home today though."

"Is he okay though? How serious is it?"

"I'm not sure but he must be since they're letting him go home, right?"

     That comforted me a bit but then again, I had to make sure myself. I decided to call just to make sure it wasn't anything serious. After three rings he finally picked up;

"Yoboseo?" Seungho answered.

"Seungho! How are you feeling? Are you okay?" I asked in a rush.

"Mm, I'm okay DooJoon-ah."

"Yah, you scared me! I knew you weren't in the best condition but I didn't know it was this bad. What did the doctors say?" I was still concerned.

"Don't worry. The doctor said I'll be fine if I just rest. . .Wait, you knew?" He asked surprised.

"Seungho, I'm a leader too. It's my job to be observant." I stated as a matter of fact.

     I was always good at breaking through my members false pretenses.Their was nothing that could get past me.

"Oh, you're right. Sorry for hiding it from you all. By the way, did AhnJi pick up the tickets yet?"

"AhnJi? Oh, your friend? I'm not sure. You guys are still coming?"

     I was surprised that he was still worrying about AhnJi in his condition. He was suppose to take care of himself and yet he had full attention on her instead. I was beginning to think this was way more than trying to help her with her musical career.

"I obviously can't but AhnJi said she'll go with her younger sister, JoAhn. AhnJi doesn't know what happened and I don't really think she needs to know. Her sister is a huge fan of BEAST though, so be nice!" Seungho laughed.

"I will, but take care of yourself hyung. I'll take care of AhnJi tonight."

"Thank you, DooJoon. I owe you."

"Big time." I laughed.

     I was glad to hear him laughing and I was comforted with the sound of it. The rest of the hour before the show I was worry free. Everything seemed to finally piece together and my heart flipped in happiness at the sound of our fans singing our songs outside. I asked our road manager to go out and take pictures of as many fans as he could. I wanted to treasure every moment and everyone that stood in the cold for so long. The rest of the members were just as honored as I was. It was unbelievable to see how many people supported BEAST.

     Hours after, the show finally began. We sang our songs one by one and even had little slide shows and short clips of us being dorks for the audience to enjoy while we changed and prepared for the next performances. The outcome was positive but it was now time to invite a special girl up on stage. I remembered what Seungho had said earlier.

"Be nice." He had said.

     What other way to be nice than invite her and her sister up on stage with us? I'm sure that would make Seungho happy and that would also mean that I've kept my promise.

"Hey guys." I called to the rest of the members as we changed into another set of outfits.

     They all looked at me then.

"I already picked the girls who're coming up on stage next."

"Who?" Hyunseung asked.

"Was their someone you liked, hyung?" Dongwoon then added.

"No, one is Seungho's friend and then their's her sister. She's a B2UTY."

"Wait, their's two of them? We agreed on only one though." Yoseob then said.

"We only brought gifts for one." Junhyung then spoke.

     These guys never judged my decisions but it seemed like they all suddenly had something to say.

"Fine. Then you guys choose one." I gave up.

     I didn't want to be questioned further and I didn't want this to ruin my high. Sorry Seungho.

"Is Seungho's friend a fan?" Yoseob asked.

"She doesn't even know our names I bet." I replied coldly.

"Fine then, we'll go for her sister." Junhyung then said with the same cold tone as mine.

"JoAhn it is." I answered and patted Junhyung's back.

     After it was settled we all went back on stage happily. All hostility gone. It was pointless to argue about something so small.

"I’m gonna make you love me. I love you
I’m only happy when you are here. I always just need you

Even though I can’t say it right now,
Even when I keep getting nervous looking at you
I always think of you
You don’t know yet, you don’t know my love
I just need you"

"It's time to pick a lucky B2UTY to come up on stage." Yoseob announced.

"Ooh~" Gikwang expressed while looking out to the crowd.

     The crowd went wild as a response and I suddenly felt bad that I hadn't picked from the crowd. I would've picked a girl who seemed to truly want to come up. For all I knew JoAhn could have been a poser and this would have been lame if she didn't have an exciting response.

"Since today is the first day of our tour, we'll let DooJoon pick today." Junhyung continued.

"Mm- I hear their's a beautiful B2UTY named JoAhn in the first row?" I asked looking towards the first row, "JoAhn, where are you?" I called for her.

     Right away I noticed a girl standing up with her hands in her face, freaking out from hearing her name being called. She had long wavy hair and I noticed she was wearing a Dongwoon t-shirt. She was cute and I knew that Dongwoon would approve. I looked to the ones who sat beside her. There was a man on one side and a girl on the other. I realized that the girl there was probably AhnJi. I took a good look at her and I could honestly say that Seungho was holding out from me. AhnJi was beautiful.

     Hyunseung continued to sing as a stage crew member brought JoAhn on stage. Hyunseung was the first to take her hand and pull her over to her seat at the center of the stage. We all surrounded her then.

"I want you like this
I just keep seeing you
In my head, it’s filled with the thoughts of you.
I’m so happy all day
I sing a song for you
Anytime

I’m gonna make you love me I love you
I’m only happy when you are here. I always just need you"

     JoAhn wasn't what I expected. I watched in amazement at how much she glowed as Yoseob serenaded her. I could tell she was extremely happy and yet she still seemed so composed. Dongwoon's part was next and I waited for her explosive response.

"Because of you you you you. I only think of you.you you you Now
Love me, love me. Only look at me."

     Just as I expected, she began to tear up at the sight of Dongwoon right in front of her. I could have swore I saw her blush as he caressed her cheek. Dongwoon was a smooth kid. It was now my part and I walked over to her with a teddy bear in hand. I handed it to her as I began to sing.

"When you are so tired and facing hard times, when you are in pain
I’ll be satisfied if I’m the person you look for
I’m happy with just that
Oh baby all right"

     She took the bear happily from me and then continued to look at me as I sang. I realized then that she didn't only like Dongwoon but she liked us all as a whole. I could see her dedication from the glint in her eyes. It's hard to explain, but I could see stuff like that. I could tell how devoted someone was and at this point I could tell that JoAhn was a true B2UTY.

"I was the silent one who said that I was never going to have a one-sided love in my life
That I was going to meet someone who loves me
But you are the girl that who broke all of that, how sad is this
I leave a message on your phone using the emoticons that I thought were so corny
You are the first girl who changed me this much

I’m gonna make you love me I love you
I’m only happy when you are here. I always just need you"

     I walked back to the front of the stage, leaving Dongwoon to serenade her once again. I stood in front of AhnJi then and as it was time to say 'You, you, you,' I pointed at AhnJi. I needed to do something for her and this was the best I could do. She looked at me in shock and then smiled. My heart melted with the mere sight. All of a sudden I became curious. How good of a singer was she?

"Because of you you you you.I only think of you you you you Now
Love me, love me. Only look at me

Slowly I will move closer to you
I will now tell you gathering up my courage
I love you, I like you
I only need you

Instead of some awkward relationship between love and friendship
It feels stuffy like a road full of traffic, it isn’t too far or close
I think it’s about time we got closer, the distance between you and I
I’m a little impatient, but I’m not being forceful
I’m the one who loses you after hesitation
I just want to escape the nervousness and uncertainty of losing you
I want to walk with you on a bright sunny day

Because of you you you you. I only think of you you you you Now

Love me, love me Only look at me."

     After the song was over, we all walked JoAhn backstage. She thanked us for picking her and we all hugged her once before returning back on stage. As we continued with the concert I noticed Dongwoon slyly stealing glances at JoAhn. He was apparently smitten by her as I had predicted. Just like AhnJi, JoAhn was a true beauty herself. I couldn't blame Dongwoon though, because even I caught myself staring at AhnJi from time to time throughout the concert. I had to make sure to question Seungho about her later. Their was no way he could be just friends with AhnJi.