Chapter 3: The Audition

I WILL SHOW YOU!

Sorry for the super late update. But before you read this please listen to Sad Song of We the Kings. So you can feel the emotions of Baekho on his audition just imagine Baekho's voice instead. enjoy :D

-------

Baekho is getting nervous as he practice the piece he gonna sing at the auditions. This will be the first time that he's gonna sing in front of a judge and also has a number of audience. Baekho is used to sing just in front of Jr and Ren. 

He's at the umbrella near the school garden to practice since there's lesser population of humans there. Baekho took out his phone and tried to check for a song to sing. He wants a song that can connect to what he feels about Minhyun if ever he will be there. 

And then he saw the perfect song, so he practice and created his own version. He put his very heart and emotions in it so he won't be just auditioning but rather singing his feelings to Minhyun.

"Well that's a great one" Baekho was suprise to see Jr behind him smiling and clapping at him.

"Thanks" Baekho smile and give Jr a high five.

"Planning to join the our club?" Jr put down his things at the table and look for his notebook. 

"Kind of, but I'm still testing the waters, you know me" Baekho smile and put down his phone so he can take rest.

"I've been inviting you to join us, what makes you think about it?" Jr ask while reading the writings on his notebook.

Baekho is undecided if he will tell it to Jr or not. He don't want Jr to feel bad when he says that he wants to join because minhyun will be back on the club.

"Uhm, I don't know, maybe because it's my last year so I wanted to try so that I won't regret that I didn't" he smiled and turned down his head and browse to his phone.

"You sure?" Jr ask while looking on his friend while resting his head on his hands. "Is it not because of Minhyun?" 

Baekho was suprise to what he heard. He don't know what to say so he keep silent

"Knew it" Jr laughed and start writing down on his notebook "You don't need to lie on me Baekho, I know you like him for so long, and hey I'm part of the club so I know that he will start being active again as his competion is already done"

"I can't really hide things with you" Baekho smirked at the idea and look at the trees "Do you think he could like me?" Baekho asked out of the blue.

"That is something I couldn't tell" Jr stop writing and looked at Baekho "But there could be someone that could like you"

Baekho laughed at his friend remark. "Me? Liked by someone?" Baekho can't stop laughing with the idea "Why would someone like me, I mean i'm a huge loser, chubby and just an introvert dude who can even fight for himself." Baekho said

"Then what makes you think Minhyun would like you?" Jr said going back on what he is doing.

Baekho was caught off guard with Jr's question, he thought about it and made him wonder. Baekho can't think of any positive on himself, as if he is starting to self pity.

Jr saw how serious Baekho is, he felt guilty with what he said but he hates how Baekho always look himself as a loser, like he always thinks that no one can ever liked him. Like his feelings towards Baekho was just a joke. He never said his feeling to Baekho as he knew that Baekho likes Minhyun. 

"Sorry" Jr said, he stop writing down on his note book and put back the note book back to his bag. "Goodluck with the audition tomorrow, I'll go now" Jr took his bag and went away. Leaving his friend depressed.

Baekho put on his earphones again and start playing music that could help him ease up.

Without you, I feel broke
Like I'm a half of a whole
Without you, I've got no hand to hold
Without you, I feel torn
Like a sail in a storm
Without you, I'm just a sad song
 

Baekho started to sing one of his favorite song. "Sad song" by We the Kings. He felt connected with this song whenever it's playing. He can see how he is if he is alone. He knew that what he feels towards Minhyun is stronger than infatuation or crush.

"I found it" Baekho smiled and walked away.

 

The day for the audition comes and Baekho was sweating hard and he is so nervous that he can feel how fast is heart beats. His next to perform for the audition. 

"You can do it, kang dongho!" Baekho chant it over to himself while walking around in circles.

"Kang Dongho!" 

Baekho heard his name, "This is it!"

Baekho entered inside the room and saw most of the members of the Music club. He saw Jr and to his suprise, Ren is there as well smiling and saying that he can do it. Seeing his friend cheering to him made him smile and feel at ease. He then saw Minhyun looking at him. He is sitting on the front row together with other 4 members of the Music club. There are 5 judges together. Minhyun and Hyorin, the girl from Class 4-B. She's a classmate and a friend of Minhyun. Ms Ailee sitting on the middle. She's the Advisor for the Music Club. Eunji the girl who always smiles but she beats like a guy, she's from Class 4-A and she is a classmate of Baekho. And unfortunately Aron is there as well. He is the lyricist of the club, together with Jr.

"Hi my name is Kang Dongho but my friends call me Baekho from Class 4-A, Good morning" Baekho bow down.

"Hi Baekho" Ms Ailee smiled "Are you ready?" 

Baekho nod and he prepare himself.

You and I, we're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky. With you I'm Alive.

Baekho looked at Minhyun for a moment but then tear his eyez and looked at the others. Baekho sings the piece like he is telling how he feels and he pictures himself together with Minhyun while he sing the song.

Everyone in the room can feel his feelings and how he longs and adore for Minhyun though no one knows that he sings it for Minhyun.

You're the perfect melody
The only harmony I wanna hear
You're my favourite part of me
With you standing next to me
I've got nothing to fear

He can saw most of the people as if they can feel how lonely he was inside not having the person he wanted the most. He always look at Minhyun whenever he can and also tries to look to others so it won't look obvious that he is his longingness for Minhyun. He can see how Minhyun looked at him with his sad eyes.

Without you, feel broke
Like I'm half of a whole
Without you, I've got no hand to hold
Without youI feel torn
Like a sail in a storm
Without you, I'm just a sad song....

When he finish singing he heard a huge applause. He saw a lot of people smiling and cheering for him.

"Waaaah! Baekho I didn't know that you can sing like that" Eunji was so happy and smiling from ear to ear. Baekho hasn't recovered with the overwhelming feeling and here he is now, blushing and just keep on smiling.

"How come you didn't audition when you're a freshman?" Ms Ailee asked to Baekho, she clearly cried as she is still wiping some tears on her eyes. "Wow! It's like i'm listening to Minhyun again. I didn't know that someone can put his emotions on his performance just like Minhyun, that was perfectly sing for me" Ms Ailee said while smiling "Youwill be perfecr here. You're accepted" Ms Ailee already drop her judgement which made Ren and Jr happy at the back ground. Baekho was suprised and another wave of emotions overwhelmed him.

"I'm looking forward doing a duet with you Baekho" 

Baekho even went red when he saw Minhyun dropping his judgement and smiling and signaling that he did a good job. 

Baekho is trying hard to keep his emotions at the bay. Until he walks out of the stage. He saw Ren and Jr waiting for him. Jr just give him a high five and a hug and says "Congradulations". But with Ren it is way so different.

Ren hugged Baekho as hardest as he can do. 

"I'm so proud of you, imagine you we're able to conquer your fear not just that you showed to the world how great you are when you hold that Microphone. You don't know how happy I am Kang Dongho. You made me proud as a friend" Ren is nearly in tears and was so happy. 

"Thanks for always being so supportive. You always push me but never failed to give me courage, thanks Ren" Baekho release himself with the hug from Ren. 

"This cost for a celebration" Ren smiled and they go back to their seats together with Baekho.

 

The audition finished and 8 student was welcomed to the club including Baekho. Baekho went to the locker room to get his things. He said to Jr and Ren to wait outside while he gets his stuff for the weekend. While locking his locker he felt a hand forcing him to turn around and push him at the locker.

"Are you really pushibg my buttons, Kang Dongho!" 

Aron was so mad and Baekho doesn't know why. He tried to escape to aron but the older guys is much stronger than him.

"What did I do a*****e!" Baekho shouted but still trying his way out but Aron keeps on pushing him on the Locker.

"I know you ing like Minhyun and that is the reason why you joined, you fatso!" Aron said while giving Baekho a punch on the gut. 

Baekho started to fight back. He grab the arms of Aron and use all of his strength to push him away from him. When he succesfully escape Baekho cough and take deep breaths. 

"So what if I like him? Do you have a problem with that?" Baekho shout while taking his time to compose himself and catch his breath but Aron didn't give him the time. As soon as he was able to stand up he run towards Baekho and tackled him down. Once baekho was on the floor Aron give him a punch in the face.

"Because I ing like him first! He's mine Baekho and if you don't want to get hurt, ing off! You understand!" Aron is really mad but Baekho was suprise that Aron like Minhyun. 

"You in-" 

"Hey! stop that!" Baekho was relieved that someone help him. "Aron what are you doing!"

Although the vision is quite blurry he can recognise the voice.

The voice of his saviour.

Hwang Minhyun

 

------

WOW!! THIS IS THE LONGEST WRITERS BLOCK THAT HAPPENED TO ME!!

Sorry guys I had a hard time to look for a song that could relate to the sit by the way credits to We the Kings. Hope you enjoyed it. Leave your thoughts at the comments. Please give more lobmve to Nuest. Have a great day.

Next Chapter: The invitation