two

Let you go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this is the second and final part of the story'

hope you guys like it!

here you go

 

Something was wrong. something had been wrong about the whole affair. it's been a week, and jimin is a mess.the idol refused to leave his room, and cancelled all his commitments for the past week. he had ventured out of his room once, to ask taehyung for his schedule on his first day back, and the conversation was strictly between the idol and the manager. no jimin, no taehyung.Taehyung was worried,as it reminded him of his first days with the idol, right after his debut.The idol was polite and hardworking. but that was about it. no one could pull anything from the star. Even his interviews were closed off, the idol refusing to answer anything about his past. it took taehyung and jungkook a lot of effort to bring jimin out of his shell. Neither of them knew why jimin was so closed, so reserved. but the two of them took their time, opening the idol piece by piece, slowly earning his trust. till one night jimin knocked on his door, drunk out of his mind and sobbing. taehyung let the idol climb into his bed and hug him, comforting jimin as he cried for hours, mumbling someone's name over and over again telling him how much he loved 'yoongi' before dozing off. the next day taehyung had asked him, for the first time, about his past. and this time, it seemed like the idol could not hold it in any longer. he told taehyung everything and soon even his bodyguard knew. both he and jungkook had been furious over what had happened. that was the day taehyung had promised himself to never let anyone hurt the idol the same way again. and that was why taehyung backed jimin when the idol wanted vengeance. however taehyung knew something was off, the minute the chef had brought up yoongi's name. jimin's reaction was as expected, but it was the one that the chef wore, which confused taehyung. jin talked about yoongi, as if he were precious and as if he was dissapointed in jimin. however the chef had apoligised to jimin and everything fell right back on track, the topic of yoongi never coming back up. taehyung brushed off his curiosity, thinking he knew nothing about these people to make judgement. but what happened at the studio further clarified his thoughts. when yoongi had entered the studio and noticed the idol, taehyung had noticed a flash of something akin to happiness cross his face. it dropped the moment jimin looked at him, but taehyung was sure he had not imagined it. he had also noticed the way hoseok stiffened and his eyes were locked on yoongi, as if ready to step in if yoongi wanted, which once again, rubbed off as weird to taehyung. didn't he know what happened between yoongi and jimin? why is he worried for yoongi, and not jimin? when jimin's taunting started, the dancer looked like he was going to argue,stepping forward, but yoongi had given him a look,and he stepped back. Jimin had not noticed, but taehyung had. that was when the manager had realised something was definitely wrong and tried to stop the idol. but jimin did not listen, the idol was on a roll, years of pent up frustration and sadness was finally finding a release. that was when the manager turned and studied yoongi, the way his posture sagged more and more as jimin went on, of how he refused to look up at the idol, his gaze focussed on the floor. "was it just me or did you find other innocent guys to screw over before claiming they were too childish for you?" taehyung saw as yoongi flinched at those words, and was too engrossed in his reaction that he failed to notice hoseok stepping forward, hands raised. the slap shocked taehyung, especially since jimin had told him that the dancer detested violence of any kind. that was when the intuition came back full force, they were missing something important.

and as taehyung was guiding the shocked idol out of the door, he did not miss the way yoongi looked up at jimin, eyes red and b with tears, with an expression that twisted the manager's guts. yoongi had looked at jimin with a broken hearted expression. Not one of regret, nor one of hatred. just pure sadness.

we are missing something really important.

it was the next day, after jimin had returned from practice, when jungkook barged into taehyung's room, furious. "i am going to kill that bastard." he said, teeth clenched together, as taehyung got up from his armchair in alarm. "what happened kookie?" he asked. he was not used to seeing his usually quiet boyfriend so angry, it had only happened once before, and taehyung did not want to see that again. "i am going to kill him, you see." taehyung went forward and hugged the bodyguard, who, after initial resistance, finally gave in with a sigh. "you need to calm down, kookie. what happened?" jungkook shot up again, anger flashing through his eyes. "how am i supposed to calm down, hyung? i can't see jimin like this anymore. he has resigned into himself. not talking to anyone, not even to me. today, on the way back, I heard him sniffling in the back seat, but he wouldn't talk to me, no matter how hard I try. as soon as we reached the hotel, he dashed off to his room, not even sparing me a glance. he might be an idol, but he is also my friend. i cannot watch him like this. What the hell did yoongi do to him? I am going to kill him, i swear." saying this he extracted himself from taehyung's arms and rushed outside, ignoring the other's calls.

taehyung rushed out of his car and into the apartment complex. he had followed jungkook's car to the best of his ability, but had lost it in the traffic and after driving around aimlessly for ten minutes he finally found the vehicle, parked outside an apartment complex. "oh god, please don't do something stupid, jungkook-ah." he calmed himself down before entering th apartment complex and scanned the list of owners, his heart nearly popping out of his chest when he saw the nameplate 'yoongi, min'. he was at the third floor. "oh no! please let him not be at home, please." he ran up the stairs, panting as he made his way to the correct door, only for his heart to stop when he saw it open. he stepped inside, and found the place in tatters. oh god "kookie? are you in here? yoongi?" there was no answer. taehyung carefully made his way around the flat, and entered what he thought was the bedroom to find jungkook standing near the entrance, unmoving "oh thank god! yoongi is not here. whatt were you going to do if he was, Kill him? do you know stupid that sounds?" no reply, as jungkook stood there, like a statue "jungkook, why didn't you answer me if you were here?I was calling for you..... jungkook? what are you staring..." taehyung's voice dropped as he saw what his boyfriend had been staring at

The two of them were back in their room, when jungkook spoke. "i dont understand. tae, what is going on?" taehyung shook his head. "i have no clue either. but i had a feeling something was wrong from the beginning." he explained everything, including jin's and hoseok's reactions and the slap jimin received from the dancer, to jungkook, whose face turned guilty towards the end."i should not have acted without thinking, or hearing you out. sorry." taehyung shook his head again, smiling. "its ok. you tend to get overprotective. its good that you did what you did, otherwise we would not have seen what we did." jungkook smiled briefly, before frowning. "but what are we going to do now? neither yoongi nor hoseok is going to talk to us, especially after what I did to his apartment." taehyung smiled again. "you tend to forget my job, kookie. My entire job is to build contacts,and i know someone that will be willing to help us out."

ok, what happened while i was holed up in the room? jimin was finally out and about, and by out and about he meant, getting drunk and hooking up with random idols. man or woman, he did not care, he did what he did to keep his mind off yoongi. it seemed to be working for a while, until jimin realised taehyung and jungkook never stopped him, which was weird considering the two of them always tailed along to the parties, keeping an eye on the idol and making sure he did not get out of hand. well, jungkook still accompanied jimin, but he always seem preoccupied, not bothering to stop jimin when he pulled some idol into one of the backrooms. he still received the dissapointed glare from his bodyguard when he returned with hickeys all over his neck, but otherwise no one said anything. jimin was glad about it, until one day he walked in on taehyung having a whispered conversation on the phone, which stopped completely as soon as the manager realised he had company. "hey! jimin! how are you?" he asked jimin, a confident smile on his face. a fake confident smile that jimin would find out anyday. jimin frowned. no wonder the two of them have been letting me do whatever. they are hiding something. he, however decided to play along."i am good, tae, whats up with you?" his manager shrugged nonchalantly before sighing. "i am trying to sort out your schedule for tomorrow. a lot of people want you for interviews, trying to figure out when and where." he is good at lying. but not to me. "is that so? want me to help you?" if taehyung felt in any way irritated at his interrruption he did not let it out. the manager smiled at him gratefully and motioned for him to sit down, continuing with his work as if nothing happened. however, jimin was not one to forget, and as soon as taehyung left to go to the washroom, the idol picked up his manager's phone, going to the call list, groaning in irritation when he found no number in the call list. he is smarter than i thought. i have to keep an eye on him. what is he hiding from me? The idol started following taehyung and jungkook, but to his utter frustration he found nothing on them. jimin almost gave up one day, when he got a call from taehyung. "jiminie, can you come down to the recording studio for a minute please.Jungkookie will drive you" and cut the call,leaving no room for arguement. Jimin was irritated at being ordered about like that, but curioisity got the better of him, and he sleepily made his way to the road, where as promised, his bodyguard was waiting in his car. jimin tried to get information from him , but to no avail. the bodyguard was not budging. they finally made their way to the recording room, and jimin opened it to find taehyung sitting alone, humming some tune to himself. "what have you been hiding from me all these days." instead of being surprised, his manager just smiled. "that is what i called you for. come take a seat. i need to tell you something." jimin took his seat and faced taehyung, a frown on his face. "what was it, that you had to keep a secret from me?" he questioned. "yoongi." his manager answered and jimin's blood ran cold. he shook his head. "no! i am leaving." jimin got up but was wrestled back into the chair by jungkook. "stop it! why are you doing this? I dont want to talk about him. Let me go please." he was on the verge of tears. no, he couldnt do this again. "listen me out jimin,then decide. just hear me out, once, and then you can leave." jimin refused to listen and struggled in his bodyguard's grip until jungkook leaned in close and whispered. "listen him out, or you won't leave."jimin lost all fight and sat back down with a huff. he felt betrayed, but he knew there was no escape.the  bodyguard never made empty promises. "what is it?" he barked out, annoyed. Taehyung sighed. "the day we went to meet your friends." "don't call them my friends." "jin and hoseok, i noticed one thing, both of them were defending yoongi." "that much was pretty obvious, those traitors betrayed me, you dont need to remind me that." his manager raised up a hand."but what was not obvious was yoongi's behaviour. You said he broke your heart and claimed he had had enough of our childishness, but he never spoke up to you, even once during your entire rant.I dont know if you noticed, but he even stopped hoseok from interrupting you." jimin laughed bitterly. "yeah, right. must be because he finally realised that he had made a huge mistake, and regretted his decision." taehyung shook his head. "quite the contrary. i saw him, jimin, there was no regret on his face, there was only sadness." jimin made an irritated noise. "who cares whether he was sad or not? he must have felt sad to have dumped me, only to find out I am an idol" again taehyung shook his head. "i am telling you it was not that, jimin.It was something else." jimin hit the table with his fist. "what do you know? it was not you, but me that he dumped. i told you what he did to me , why are you now telling me this? i dont need to know! why are you reminding me of him again when i want to forget? why is everyone claiming it was something more? i dont want to know anything more. what i know is enough! He dumped me and broke my heart. i dont need to be reminded again and again." jimin cried, tears in his eyes.

"of course i dont know jimin, that is why i wanted to find out. and this what i did find out."with this the manager opened a video file. Jimin's eyes widened. It was the video clip of yoongi's birthday a few months after they started dating.

"yah! jimin-ah! why are you making me wear this?" it was yoongi, wearing kitten ears, which jimin had bought for him, and made him wear. While he was trying to sound angry, it was obvious the birthday boy liked it, from the way he was the ears genty. "because, hyung," jimin said while settling on the couch next to him. "it is cute and it suits you. you remind me so much of a kitten that as soon as i saw these, your face popped up in my mind." yoongi made a disgruntled noise. "its my birthday and that is all i get for my present? kitten ears?" jimin smiled slyly before pecking him on the lips and whispering something into the elder's ears which made him stiifen up and go crimson. jimin chuckled. "you are so cute!" right as hoseok came into the view gasping dramatically. "jimin, you must be the only one who finds yoongi cute." he said while flopping in between the two of them, much to yoongi's distaste. "oh but he is!" jimin sang as he reached to the other side to pinch yoongi's cheeks. "i. am.not.cute" the boy struggled to get jimin's hands off his cheeks."yah hoseok! get out of the way, i need to get revenge." hoseok just sighed before getting up. "you would think they would keep it down a notch when friends are around. but these lovebirds can see nothing else but each other" as if on cue, the two of them started kissing, not minding the other in the room. the video then went blank, as jimin sat there, tears running down his face. "why are doing this?" he asked quietly to his friends, who sat there with glum expression. "please let me go.i cant see this, please." taehyung nodded and jungkook shifted back, as jimin got up. He was about to open the door, when another voice filled the room and stopped him. it was seokjin."yah! be careful hobi, the cake will fall down." "open the door hyung. its midnight already" there was rustling of keys before, the door creaked open and the lights . "happy! BIRTH..." the noise abruptly stopped and jimin turned around confused, until he saw the screen. on the screen was a sleeping yoongi, wearing kitten ears and hugging a kumamom plushie, which jimin had bought him. there were tear stains on his cheeks. jimin watched in shock as hoseok lowered the camera. "lets not wake him up hyung. we will celebrate tomorrow. let him sleep." and the video died. "what?" jimin started before another video came on, this time it looked like they were at a studio. jin was recording. "hoseok-ah look at this!" it was the sight of yoongi holding jimin's first album in his hand, the brightest smile on his face. there were tears glistening in his eyes. "he did it! jiminie did it!" he said, pride laced in his voice. the video died, immediately getting replaced with another. it was again jin recording. "hoseok- ah, yoongi's first album listen." the camera focussed on yoongi, who was sitting on a floor, headphones on and sobbing silently. "he is crying. I think i am going to stop it here." and the video died again. jimin stood there, mouth agape, utterly confused. nothing made sense. "how did? what? how?" he stuttered, while taehyung made a call. "hyung? he is ready." they all stayed in silence for a few minutes, until there was a knock at the door. jungkook opened the door to reveal seokjin, who entered with a sad smile. 'hi, jimin. did you se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter