one

Let you go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ok i am nervous. this is my first oneshot (basically a two shot, but whatever.)

i was a human rollercoaster as i wrote this. i hope you guys enjoy the ride.

the next chapter will be up soon.

ooh, its completely unedited. so please bear with me.

"today we have a very special guest with us. everybody please welcome world renowned artist park jimin." 

Jimin walked onto the stage, a smile plastered onto his face, a pro at hiding his tired self from the world after two years of practice. The life of an idol was not easy. there were bad days, and there were worse days. but jimin would not trade this, making music and dancing,for anything in the world. I had been willing to, but look what that got me he thought bitterly, getting momentarily distracted from the words of the interviewer. when he zoned back in, he realised he had been asked something. "i am sorry, could you repeat that?"

"you are extremely famous and have done hundred of shows, but this is the first time you are performing at daegu, where you were scouted from. Any particular reason for avoiding the place?" jimin knew this question would come up, just not this early on the show. he plastered another fake, but believable smile, and said the words he had practiced for days. "Daegu was the place where the dream started. i had promised myself that I would return to daegu only when i had proven my worth to the world. thus the delay." I had promised myself to return only when i was sure of myself..I would return only when i was famous enough for him to regret his decision. now is the time. The rest of the interview went well, and jimin managed to finish it with ease, even though a bitter taste remained in his mouth throughout. It was only when he was finally in his car, with no one but his manager, that he allowed the smile to fall of his face, letting a deep frown replace it. "you did well today." taehyung, his manager said cheerfully from the other seat. jimin huffed in response. Taehyung caught on pretty fast. "hey! don't worry about anything. i am pretty sure he regrets it. he would have been regretting it for the past two years. this time, you can go up to him and rub it on his face. Show him what he missed out on" his friend, gave his shoulder an encouraging squeeze and jimin smiled back. oh! i will show him alright.

two years back

Jimin was walking towards yoongi's dorm room, a huge smile plastered on his face. he was supposed to meet yoongi for lunch an hour later, but hoseok had dismissed him from dance rehearsel an hour earlier, telling him to stop overworking himself, and teasing him to spend more time with his boyfriend.Jimin was perplexed, it was not like hoseok to cut down on designated practice hours.but he had seemed quite down, even making some mistakes that would never happen on a normal day, and jimin figured that the elder must be feeling really tired to continue and deserved some rest. moreover, jimin was not averse to the idea of meeting his boyfriend, he barely got time to spend with yoongi, what with his dance practices and yoongi's year end music project. he had told jimin that he would make the other listen to the song as soon it was over, and jimin was excited for it. so jimin was currently skipping towards the room, and almost pushed open the door, before noticing that the door was slightly open, and loud noises were coming from the room. curiosity overcame jimin, and he neared the crack, and listened to the conversation. there were two voices, one was the deep voice of yoongi and the other was from jin, yoongi's close friend. they seemed to be arguing and it took a while for jimin to understand their words. 

"are you crazy yoongi? how could you say this about jimin? he loves you a lot." they are talking about me. why? "i know hyung. he is a very good kid. but he is a kid. yes, we dated for a while, and it was all nice while in the honeymoon phase. all the cuddling,all the whining, made sense then. But its been almost a year, hyung, and jimin... he is still clingy and dependent. he depends on me for everything, and is not willing to take steps for himself, even when i encouraged him to be independent, in case we did not work out. But he acts like a sappy teenanger, claiming we would be together forever." wait, what? what is hyung saying, this is a joke right?  "I then tried to distance myself away, hoping he would get the hint, or maybe finally become dependent, but he ing turned worse. he kept texting me, calling me, begging me to go out with him. and honestly, I have had enough.Even recently when he cleared the audition for that famous entertainment company, I was hoping that he would finally grow up and set up his own life. but inspite of everyone, including me, insisting he take up the offer, he claimed he was going to turn it down because he could not stay away from me. like seriously hyung? is he a still a kid? am I his parent? I have honestly had enough of this. yes, I wanted to date jimin, he was sweet, cute and passionate. But all of his passion has died out. this jimin is someone i dont know. I did not sign up to be a ing caretaker of my own boyfriend. I have enough on my own plate. I do not need him to add things on it. even today he practically begged me to join me for lunch, and i could not refuse. I dont know how much I would be able to bear this for. I.........." the door was pushed open by jimin, unshed tears glistening on his lashes. the two inside jumped at the intrusion and turned wide eyes towards the youngest in the room. "ji...jimin?" Jin started but jimin just held his hand up at him, his gaze only on yoongi. "did you really mean those things hyung?" the other was quiet, eyes wide, as if rudely shoved into a nightmare. but no, it was jimin who was currently in the worst nightmare of his life. yoongi had no right to look scared. "tell me hyung, did you mean those words. Look me in the eyes and tell me. do you find me dependent, and a bother? do you really think that me loving you is an inconvenience to your life? " he asked. still no answer, yoongi just stared at him eyes wide. please tell me you were joking, hyung. please.  "answer me hyung!" jimin yelled and something insode of yoongi switched and he regained the blank face he was famous for. he wore an expression of pure apathy. His irises bore into jimin's own, and there was not a trace of hesitation as he uttered the next words. "yes. you are an inconvenience to me, jimin. being with you was the biggest mistake i have ever made in my life."

jimin flinched backwards, not able to hear anymore, tears flowing down his face. he felt a thousand emotions run through his mind. he felt crushed, betrayed and hurt.before the other could say anything more, he turned and practically ran off the room, ignoring jin's calls.  yoongi hyung finds me a burden? i forced him to go out with him? but he was the one who first asked me out. I just wanted to spend time with him. why is he saying this? a sob emanated from him and he hurriedly stuffed his hand into his mouth, to cover it up. another sob was making its way, and jimin started running in the direction of his own room, eyes blinded with the constant flow of tears, When he finally reached his room, he locked it and sank to the floor, finally allowing himself to cry out loud. he sat there, crying, for hours.Jimin did not go out of his room for two days, completely ignoring jin and hoseok's calls and not opening the door to any one. he took this time to actually think about what had happened. Yoongi's words burned a hole in his heart, but it also made him realise how much he had given up for the sake of the elder. He had sacrificed many things in order to spend time with him, and yoongi thought he was being dependent. for the first day, his words brought tears to jimin's eyes... but  slowly the initial feelings of hurt and betrayal wore off..... giving way to anger. the more he thought about it the angrier he became. it was on the third day, that he finally made a decision. "yoongi hyung thinks i am a dependent, clingy kid? I will show him what I am. i will prove him wrong. i will make him regret his words. I will make him fall at my feet and beg for forgiveness" he picked up his phone, and scrolled through his contacts, on finding what he was looking for, he dialled the number.
"hello? bighit entertainment? this is park jimin, i had auditioned a week ago."

 

present

 Jimin got off the stage, with a genuine smile on his face. his concert had been amazing. he managed to find some known faces among the crowd. he was sure he saw jin hyung among the crowd, but he could not be sure. but he did recognize some faces from his college. they had all come to support him, with a huge banner that read, 'pride of daegu' in bold letters. his smile continued to remain on his face as his makeup was removed and he finally made his way to his hotel room. it was there till taehyung reminded him about the next day. "tomorrow's the day! remember to cover yourself properly jimin. we do not want a mob there. the car you wanted will arrive at 9 in the morning, and i am coming with you. "jimin tried to resist, but his manager was not budging. "hyung, you know this is a huge risk in the first place, and i had to pull a few strings to even get permission for a day off. we cannot risk sending you alone there. and i am only one who knows, or would you rather i send jungkook with you?" jimin shook his head furiously. that jungkook lad took his job very seriously. "not your boyfriend tae, gods no." he breathed and taehyung giggled. "he just cares for you, alright? anyway, i am going with you. Plus i want to see yoongi's face when you reveal yourself to him. so be ready on time." jimin nodded and entered his room, his shoulders drooping. He had this planned for months, but just the night before, he felt nervous to stand before the other. Yes, he claimed he was over the other, even had multiple hookups with other celebrities, but the small part in him, the small part that was still a college student, still loved yoongi. that small part that was still hurt from the words of the elder, that small part that was enough to bring tears to his eyes. jimin shook his head wildly, willing himself to stop crying. it is not your fault. it was his. and if he has not realised it by now, he will tomorrow. tomorrow you will see his regret and your revenge will finally be over. with these words, jimin steeled himself for a good sleep he would be needing it.

the next morning, he woke with a twist in his gut. this is it, he thought. today is the day. he got up to get dressed, choosing to wear a low key outfit. like clockwork he received a text from taehyung at 9, telling him the car had arrived. jimin made his way downstairs, pulling up his face mask as he exited the doors of the hotel. taehyung greeted him cheeerfully from the driver seat, a face mask of his own secured on his face. jimin raised an eyebrow, and his friend let out a huff. "jungkook insisted, saying i was every bit as famous as you." jimin laughed. "i agree with kookie on this one tae,"  it was true, there were often articles on how jimin's manager was beautiful and deserved a modelling career of his own. there had also been articles of him dating the manager, which the two  were sickened to even think of. But it was fun seeing jungkook, his bodyguard, get jealous over it. jimin sat on the passenger seat and buckled his seat belt. "let's go!" he said, his jaw set in determination, as taehyung hollered some gibberish in what jimin thought was spanish before speeding off. 

their first stop was a restaurant, specifically jin's restaurant. jimin had cut off contacts with all of his college friends as soon as he became a trainee but that did not mean he forgot all of them. he kept updated on the whereabouts of his closest friends and was really happy to find out that jin had opened his own restaurant. his hyung was always the one to cook for the four of them back in college, and jimin had always loved his food. he was looking forward to eating it again. they pulled up at the restaurant, which was bustling with customers even this early in the morning. "how are we going to get in tae?" jimin wondered looking at the queue outside the entrance. "dont worry friend, you saviour here had already made reservations." jimin gasped. "reservations? for breakfast?" taehyung nodded sagely " i have my ways. Just be happy i have contacts. it was difficult to get one without revealing your name." jimin smiled at his friend gratefully as they made their way to the doors. "reservaton for park taekook?" he asked and jimin nearly tripped over the decorative plant at the reception, in his effort to not burst out laughing. as they made their way to their table, jimin finally broke down into a fit of giggles. "did you really combine the three of our names tae?" he asked his manager who just shrugged in response. "it was late, and i was too sleepy to come up with one on my own. and it sounds nice." jimin just shook his head at the other and finally sat down at their table. The ambience was great, and jimin was really proud of his friend, he really had done a great job with the place. they ordered and the food was as amazing as always. jimin really missed his hyung's food, having to live off instant ramen during his trainee days, and it felt oddly nostalgic as he ate the simple dish. After they were done, jimin called the waiter. "can i meet the head chef please?" he asked and the waiter shifted uncomfortably. "i am sorry sir, but he is very busy this morning, i do not think he would be able to..." jimin smiled up at him. "its ok, we will wait. can you just go up to him and tell him that chim chim has come?" the waiter nodded, confused by the choice of name but nevertheless making his way to the kitchen. "chim chim?" taheyung asked, his eyebrows raised. jimin nodded. "it was my nickname back in college." his manager chuckled. "who came up with it?" jimin face hardened behind his mask. "it was yoongi.". he still remembered the day vividly. 

flashback

it was early november, and the first chills of the winter were beginning t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter