LET'S GET INTIMATE WITH CAITHYCAT1992..........

INTERVIEW OF CAITHYCAT1992...

PART 2 ALL ABOUT WRITING FANFICTIONS...

TINA: How and when did you decide to be a fanfic author?
CAIT: I probably started writing fanfiction at age 8 or 9, but at the time, I didn’t really know that they were fanfictions. I just kind wrote little scenarios and self-inserted myself and my friends into various shows we liked to watch. It wasn’t until I was around 13 or 14 that I discovered actual fanfiction and started writing them but never posted them anywhere. I finally posted my first one at 15.

TINA: What made you to sit down and actually write something?
CAIT: I think it’s because I have a pretty wide imagination and after a show or a movie, I have all these questions in my head of “What if…” and I start coming up with storylines.

TINA: What is the first fanfic you completed?
CAIT: It was a Harry Potter fanfic with Harry and Hermione as the main characters. They were my OTP before I even knew what OTP was lol.

TINA: How did you get your idea for your first fanfic?
CAIT: I’ve always wanted to see more romantic and fluffy scenes between Harry and Hermione but of course, since they weren’t canon, I decided to make my own.

TINA: Have you had any prior experience of writing before your first fanfic?
CAIT: Yes. I had a childhood friend who also loved writing little mini stories and we would exchange to read each other’s work.

TINA: Have you ever plagued by doubts on your storyline?
CAIT: Yes. In fact, I have a few unfinished stories on fanfiction.net that I never got around to finishing, mostly because I got too busy or because I ran out of ideas or simply that my passion for the subject of the fanfic has waned.

TINA: How did you promote your fanfic to readers?
CAIT: At first, I didn’t really. I just let people find it. Now, I mention past stories or upcoming stories in Descriptions.

TINA: Have you ever been anxious about how the readers receive your story?
CAIT: Yes! Every single time!

TINA: Thoughts on how you felt when you see the first comment on the first story? Do remember who is the first commenter?
CAIT: It was such a great feeling to see a comment! It’s been so long since that first comment so I don’t really remember, but it was that comment that made me want to continue writing. Having someone appreciate your work has always been my best motivation.

TINA: How do you prepare yourself before writing a fanfic?
CAIT: At first, I wouldn’t really have a plan. I just go with it and come up with stuff along the way. But, now, I just kind of stew in the idea and think of various scenes and write it all down. This is to ensure that I definitely have a beginning and an end so it helps me focus on the middle.

TINA: Do you work out plot line or do you prefer to see where your ideas or inspiration take you?
CAIT: I try to incorporate a general plot line but sometimes, it would go differently than I envisioned, but it helps to have it.

TINA: When and how does your inspiration or muse come to you?
CAIT: Random times! I get inspired by everything around me, to be honest. I’d be on the train to work and I’d think of something or I’ll be washing the dishes with the TV in the background and get inspired by something someone said. When I was a teen, I used to write my fanfics in a notebook (because I was only allowed 1 hour on the computer so I had to write them somewhere and type them up later) so I would keep a notebook by my bed just in case I think of something.

TINA: What is the weirdest place you were struck by inspiration for your fanfic? Did you write the plot?
If yes what is the title of the fanfic?
CAIT: I actually came up with my YunJae story “All That Glitters” while listening to some Filipino drama soundtracks. There was a drama that involved infidelity and somehow, I started coming up with the plot line for that.

TINA: How much research do you do for your story?
CAIT: As much as I can, especially when it comes to emotional topics and I draw inspiration from real experiences as well.

TINA: What is the easiest part of writing?
CAIT: Seeing it play out in your head.

TINA: What is the hardest part of writing a story?
CAIT: Actually writing it down.

TINA: The writer’s worst nightmare the dreaded writer’s block.
When is the worst writer’s block you ever had? How did you overcome it?
CAIT: One of the worst was around the time when I was writing my Infinite fanfiction “Congratulations”. Jonghyun of SHINee passed away and I was so devastated that it affected my writing. Even though I had the entire plot down and I knew what I wanted to happen, I couldn’t write for weeks.

TINA: Any useful tips on how to overcome the writer’s block?
CAIT: The most effective method that I’ve learned is to step away from your story for a bit. I know some authors and writers work on a deadline so they want to get as much work done possible, but if you step away from your story and focus on something else (maybe read a book, watch a movie, or read other fanfics), I find that it relaxes your mind and when you go back to your fanfic, your head is clearer.

TINA: Have you written any collaboration with other author’s? If yes name of the fanfic.
CAIT: No, I haven’t yet, but I’d love to if anyone reaches out!

TINA: How do you describe your writing style? Do you think you have your own personal writing style?
CAIT: Over the years, I’ve played a lot with different writing styles until I found one that’s most comfortable for me. I prefer writing in the past tense, as if the character is looking back and reminiscing and I tend to write a lot of flashbacks as well, so I think that’s my personal style.

TINA: How do you think you have evolved creatively throughout the years? Do you notice any change in the way you write?
CAIT: Definitely! I think I’ve become more open to exploring deeper issues and having characters with layers. Before, it was all black and white, kind of. I had “good” characters and “bad characters”. But, now, I prefer them with more layers, getting to know them, and exploring their backgrounds.

TINA: How important are readers and their comments?
CAIT: I think they are important in the way that there is someone who appreciates your work and validates you. They are also people who found comfort and joy in reading your stories and I think that’s the best feeling in the world.

TINA: I have been a silent reader for few months before taking the steps to comment..
Any words for silent readers?
CAIT: You are just as important as the readers who comment because you took the time to click and read a story you found intriguing. I’m a silent reader sometimes as well and I tend to wait until the end of the story to comment, but if a particular story really strikes me, I’m motivated to comment.

TINA: Do you read other yunjae fanfics? If yes name of the fanfic you loved?
CAIT: Yes! My favorite is “Because Tomorrow Comes” by Marakeshsparrow. I’ve re-read it many times because the story is so realistic and it just makes you feel a whole bunch of emotions. Highly recommend!

TINA: Are you friends with any other author’s?
CAIT: Yes! I’m friends with nwh-gem and marieah, who both are WooGyu authors (from Infinite). I actually got nwh-gem into YunJae when she read “All That Glitters” out of curiosity. And there’s also my real-life friends PandaNik89 is currently writing a Shinhwa fanfic called “Fangirl Fridays” and she’s also a Cassie and Yunjae fangirl.

TINA: How do you make your stories standout when there are heaps of other stories with similar plot lines?
CAIT: I think what makes a story stand out is your approach to your characters and how they handle the plot you’ve chosen for them. I’m no stranger to writing stories with common plotlines (cheating, high school love, proposals, etc.) so I try to add twists to the plots that readers may or may not see coming. I also try to approach them from various perspectives of both characters, so you see what’s going on in their heads.

TINA: Has anyone stole your story and published under their name?
CAIT: None that I’ve seen yet.

TINA: Thoughts on others stealing your work?
CAIT: I’d be very hurt and super angry if that happens because it’s a disrespect not only to me but also to the readers who trusted you.

TINA: How do you manage your time between your daily activities and updating stories?
CAIT: So, I work from home most of the time so it actually allows me a lot of leeway to write when my day slows down. I tend to write at night or on the weekends for about an hour or two.

TINA: Do you have any favorite time of the day to write stories?
CAIT: Definitely at night because that’s when I usually have a free moment and so I just take some time to write a few scenes.

TINA: Your favorite genre to write?
CAIT: Romance with a mix of angst and fluff!


ALL ABOUT STORIES.......

TINA: What is the inspiration behind the fanfic “ALL THAT GLITTERS”?
CAIT: So, at the time, I was editing a lot of cheating and infidelity articles for my work and it was really interesting so many approaches and perspectives from it. I was in a very angst-y mood at the time so I was listening to a lot of sad music and then I came across the soundtrack to a Filipino drama that had infidelity as the main theme and somehow, it just came to me and I plotted it out.

TINA: Few words on the fanfic
“YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED”?
CAIT: A product of my YunJae delusions lol.

TINA: Of all the stories you wrote,is there any fanfic that has a very special place in your heart..if yes name of the fanfic and why
CAIT: For me, it would probably be “Time”, which is an Infinite fanfiction featuring the members Woohyun and Sunggyu. It was a story that I never really thought I would write with a topic I never thought I would explore, so it was really challenging. But, I think I learned a lot about writing deeper characters with that story and I was channeling so many types of emotion that I was kind of a mess by the end of it. Lol. But, it was very much worth it.

TINA: Still writing or have you stopped now?
CAIT: Still writing! I took a short break to recover from a bunch of personal and emotional things but I’m back in action!

TINA: Any future yunjae fanfics you are working on currently?
CAIT: During my break, I actually joined a YunJae prompt writing fest: jaeho_xchange. But, as for future fanfics, I’ve been tossing some ideas around but nothing concrete at the moment.


All ABOUT ....

TINA: Tells us why are we so interested to read taboo topics when it comes to yunjae?Ex. ,cheating,home wrecker etc.
CAIT: So I think we’re interested in taboo topics specifically because they are taboo. In real life, we are basically trying to be part of the status quo so we would be naturally averse to these topics. But, with fiction, anything can happen and it’s just that: fiction. Of course, fiction can also reflect real life and these things do happen in real life, but we probably don’t want to actually see these taboo topics come to play (or maybe we do, probably depends on the person). I think they’re fun to read as long as you’re aware exactly of what you’re reading.

TINA: How difficult or easy is writing ?
CAIT: Personally, I don’t write and I’ve been encouraged to try it by some people but at the moment, I’m still not comfortable with it.

TINA: it is so heart breaking when u see your favorite authors deleting their journals or accounts,taking away the chance to reread some of your favorite stories..and having those wonderful stories lost..Have you anytime in future have plans on deleting your journal?
CAIT: Not at all. Even if my interest wanes, there will always be people who will be interested in reading these stories, so I won’t take away from them. It’s the same reason why I haven’t deleted by fanfiction.net account either.

TINA: Any words for the readers?
CAIT: I appreciate every single one of you who take the time to read the stories that many wonderful authors work so hard on!

 
END OF PART 2.