❀ Sweet, cold rain

Sea of two
Please log in to read the full chapter

4 Sweet, cold rain

◇─◇──◇────◇────◇────◇

 

Jiwoo was excited to see her friends.

 

Not only the girls were coming for a visit, they all had also agreed to have a sleepover at Jiwoo's place. It was kind of risky despite heavy tests and school assignments coming up with the school year almost ending, but they nonetheless deserved it. They could also talk about the arguments that were most difficult to understand and help each other out, in case.

 

It was great to do something else instead of lying in bed all day.

 

 

But Jiwoo woke up to a very rainy Saturday.

 

And on cue everyone messaged her, saying that it was better to wait at least until the rain slowed down to reconsider the idea. Sadly, the storm and its loud thunders weren't showing signs of stopping anytime soon. The previously hot temperature was now replaced with a chilling wind, which brought with it any kinds of leaves and dust in the air. The once blue sky became gray and dark.

 

“This is so unfair.” Jiwoo muttered as she watched at the rain pouring outside her bedroom window. It made the buildings and the streets look ugly and miserable. Nobody would want to exit their house with this wheather.

 

“Don't worry dear, I'm sure it will stop soon.”

 

The girl turned her head towards her mother, who stopped by the door with a laundry basket in her hands. The woman frowned a bit at how dark her daughter's room was.

 

“Dear why don't you turn on the lamp? It's pretty dark in here.”

 

“It's fine.” Jiwoo sighed as she went to sit on the bed. “Today wasn't probably meant to be a happy day.”

 

“Why do you say that?” Her mother sat beside her.

 

“Because of this downpour. It's so bad that my friends won't come for sure. Neither of them like rain.”

 

“But it's just ten in the morning sweetie. Nobody can say for sure if it will keep raining all day.”

 

“Meteorologists can.”

 

Her mother chuckled. “Don't you worry. In case it won't stop you can always call them over tomorrow.”

 

The girl sighed exaggeratedly, covering her face with her hands. “I'm not so sure. I don't even know if Heejin and Haseul are free tomorrow. A-and I feel so sorry because you woke up early this morning to bake my favorite pie just because I wanted to eat it with everyone today, but apparenty not...I'm sorry.”

 

“Oh honey don't say that. It's not your fault.” Jiwoo let her mother hug her affectionately before she curled her body

Please log in to read the full chapter