❀ In the morning

Sea of two
Please log in to read the full chapter

7 In the morning

◇─◇──◇────◇────◇────◇

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Hyunjin's voice was shaky. The pillow underneath her right cheek was completely hiding half of her face, which made it hard for her to properly look into the other's eyes. Not that she wanted to. Her heart started to race like crazy at the thought of Heejin suspecting anything all of sudden. Furthermore at this hour. Was she even suspecting? Hers sounded more like a statement rather than a question and Hyunjin really thought that nobody noticed the way she acted. Apparentely, she was wrong.

 

Heejin moved her hand from the girl's cheek, and instead brought il up to poke the corner of her eye and play with her eyelashes.

 

“What are you doing? Stop that...” Hyunjin said as the other kept messing with her eye.

 

“No.”

 

“Excuse m–”

 

“I said no.”

 

Hyunjin stared at her friend in disbelief.

 

“You're being weird, you know that?”

 

“I do. That's what you get for lying to me. Do you really think I'm that stupid?” No, Hyunjin never thought that of her best friend. She never doubted her sensibility and capacity of understanding others. Just that this time she was afraid that Heejin would descover the reason behind her crying. Hyunjin didn't really know why either, but she didn't want that to happen.

 

“Why are you lying to me? I thought we were best friends...” Heejin said with a trace of sadness and somewhat disappointment in her voice that instantly broke Hyunjin's heart. She removed her hand from the latter's face and placed it under her pillow, closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep. Hyunjin didn't know what to say, so she just opted not to say anything. There was no point in trying to explain something that didn't make sense or couldn't be explained in the first place.

 

Yet the knot she felt in said otherwise.

 

︵‿︵‿︵‿‿︵‿︵︵

 

 

The next morning Mrs. Kim woke up first. She has always been the morning type person and besides that, she just loved preparing breakfast for her daughter and husband everyday. The fact that for a couple of days they had guests made her even more excited, so the first thing she did after her usual wash up routine was to go straight into the kitchen to start cooking and set the table. Seeing how early it was, the woman had a serious shock when sleepy Haseul walked through the door with her eyes half open and hands lazily wandering in between her thin strands of dark brown hair.

 

“Good morning Mrs. Kim...” The girl barely greeted from the tiredness.

 

“Good morning dear! How come you woke up so early? It's barely seven...” The woman said in a gentle tone as she walke

Please log in to read the full chapter