❀ A gift of friendship

Sea of two
Please log in to read the full chapter

5 A gift of friendship

◇─◇──◇────◇────◇────◇

 

Jiwoo looked down with a pout at the plate full of food in front of her. Her hair was still a bit messy from her napping session, making the girl still look very sleepy. How in the world could she eat the pie if she had to eat all of that first?

 

“Eat! It's delicious~” Said Heejin with glee across the table as she happily chewed on her steak. Haseul and Hyunjin were doing the same, while Mrs. Kim couldn't help but feel slightly offended that her daughter wasn't eating what she cooked. It was all for her after all.

 

“You need to eat if you want to restore your forces. Don't starve yourself...” The woman said with a frown as Jiwoo let out a small sigh and finally grabbed fork and knife and started to cut a small piece of meat. She brought one to and wasn't surprised at how good it tasted. The baked potatoes and tomato salad were just as good. It's not that she didn't want to have lunch. She just wanted to eat the pie.

 

︵‿︵‿︵‿‿︵‿︵︵

 

 

After lunch the four girls tried their best to ignore the cold brought in by the rain. Outside things started to look more normal, and nothing was flying around anymore. A faint rainbow appeared in the now bright sky, disappearing shortly after Hyunjin barely had any time to take some photos. Some of the usual birds that always sang next to Jiwoo's window showed up as well, singing beautiful little songs on the nearby trees. Luckly the darkness was gone and now the sun was giving the room a beautiful yellow-ish light, making Jiwoo and her friends feel more relaxed and positive.

 

The warm green tea Mrs. Kim prepared for them plus a generous slice of apple pie really helped too. They all wore big smiles on their faces as they took place on Jiwoo's small bed, gathered together to tell each other stories and talk about the upcoming school exams. This wasn't exactly Heejin or Jiwoo's favorite subject to treat in a conversation, but it couldn't be helped. It was inevitable that it would come up eventually. It was sad but also a good thing since this meant summer break was just around the corner.

 

After a good fifteen minutes Heejin was still calmly eating on her pie. Everyone else finished their slices and were watching funny videos on Hyunjin's phone, while she was standing by the window, watching with curiosity at the fancy shopping bag that a lady was carrying with her as she walked down the street. It reminded her of something she had totally forgotten about.

 

“OOOOH!” The girl let out a loud gasp, making everyone in the room raise their eyes and stare at her. She put the last piece of pie in before placing the plate on Jiwoo's desk.

 

“What's wrong?” Haseul asked as the girl fetched for her backpack and started looking inside. When she found what she was looking for Hyunjin and Haseul both let out a chuckle, wondering how Heejin could even forget to give Jiwoo the gift right away after all the excessive happiness from yesterday.

 

“For youuuuuuuu!”

 

Jiwoo looked with surprise at the small peach colored box in Heejin's opened palms. It had an elongated shape and was decorated with l

Please log in to read the full chapter