❀ The drawing

Sea of two
Please log in to read the full chapter

2 The drawing

◇─◇──◇

The next day Jiwoo’s mother called the school office to inform them that her daughter would be taking a day off. She prepared Jiwoo a warm soup, despite knowing that she was not particularly fond of them. The girl didn’t protest though. She ate in silence, as her mother left the room.

 

Thinking about the previous day made Jiwoo realise that ignoring that strange dream was probably the best thing she could do at the moment. She was visibly feeling better and the sense of nausea had disappeared too.

 

Now she had another problem though, which was the fact that her mother had told her to stay in bed all day to rest. What was she suppoed to do then? She couldn’t watch TV, play videogames nor play the guitar. Her phone was also nowhere to be found since her mother confiscated it, saying how any type of lighting from screens could bring her nausea back. Perhaps it was for the best anyway.

 

Lying in bed was boring, but her room was peaceful and nice. Jiwoo just wished she had something to keep her mind busy with without 'hurting' herself. Maybe reading? The girl turned her head towards her collection of mangas neatly arranged of the bookshelf. She had already finished reading all of them and the only books that were left were the ones from school.

 

Great. Just great. Now Jiwoo felt bad for never going with Heejin to the library to borrow some of those creepy horror books she loves so much...On second thought, nevermind.

 

*

 

 

Outside the time was really nice, Jiwoo noticed. There were birds singing on the trees nearby and the sky looked blue and bright. The curains of her room were slightly moving due to the small breeze that was entering from the window.

 

She was bored. So bored. She wanted to do something that didn’t imply physical movement or the use of technological devices.

 

And it was right then that Jiwoo’s eyes shifted on the nightstand beside her bed. She slowly reached out to open one of the two drawers, finding a sketchbook and a few pencils inside.

 

*

 

 

That same day after school, Heejin and Haseul decided to hang out since it was Friday after all. They invited the other two girls to come with them, but Hyunjin had to help her brother with house chores while Yeojin said she had to do her homework before going on a small trip with her family during the weekend.

 

And so there they were, walking through the busy streets of the city, both wearing floppy hats since it was past half May and the temperature at 3 pm wasn't exactly the best feeling to experience. Haseul was wearing a cute flowery white dress and a pair of sandals, while Heejin was wearing her favorite shorts and a purple tank top, instantly regretting her choise of outfit because she had to opt for a pair of converse and it was hot as hell inside her shoes.

 

“Haseul I think I might die. Tell Hyunjin I leave her all of my heredity and my dog.” Heejin said way too seriously with a fake crying face, making the other giggle.

 

“I'm not sure she wants y

Please log in to read the full chapter