Part 3

Fact Check
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days after the incident went fast with Jennie still being baffled with Lisa’s action that night. For her, it was so extreme to see a scene like that.  She thought that if a person simply wanted to help, she or he would just confront the guy or call for the security but Jennie saw something else.

She saw how Lisa’s eyes darkened as she threw punches to the guy. People will think that she’s a complete psycho punching him without even a word while wearing her impassive face, not even flinching from the blood slowly covering her knuckles as she punches more. Flashing that scene over and over again in her mind, Jennie thought as if those punches were filled with anger.

“Why…” Jennie whispered to herself but her friend Nayeon heard it.

“Are you still thinking about her? Damn Jennie! You should have told me that night that she was the same girl who saved you back in the hotel. ”Upon sitting on the bed beside where Jennie was laying, Nayeon said.

“How could I even do that? Everything went fast that night, adding the alcohol I consumed. I can’t think right” Jennie explained. At the back of her mind, the same thought came.

‘I can’t even think right until now.’ Jennie pouted to herself, still filled with Lisa’s thoughts.

“Oh well. If I knew that it was the same girl that time at the club, I would’ve instantly thought that she’s madly in love with you saving you just like that” with dreamy eyes, Nayeon stated.

“She asked you to call her when you reach home that time, right? But you also said that she sounded so neutral while in the call.” sighing, Nayeon continued, “Just when I thought that a knight in shining armour came your way, a prince charming in a form of a lady… in your case”.

“Huh?! What are you talking about? We barely know each other. We just met twice, Nayeon” Jennie argued, sitting up on her bed.

Not wanting to lose, Nayeon countered, “Then maybe it’s love at first sight? She saved you twice WITHOUT HESITATIONS. She risked her life the first time then almost murdered someone just to protect you. What the hell Jennie! Why are you getting not just the guys but also that hot girl named Lisa? Seriously, you’re overshadowing my beauty.” Nayeon joked.

Jennie can’t believe how silly Nayeon was, she threw a pillow straight to Nayeon, and she covered herself with her blanket turning her back from the laughing Nayeon.

“I saw you blushed, Jennie Kim!” Nayeon teased.

The next day, Jennie decided to take a walk along the streets to the nearby park to empty her mind about that Lisa girl. She tried emptying her mind, shrugging her thoughts but ended up being more and more curious about Lisa. 

Jennie wanted to know more about her, everything behind those actions and playfulness of Lisa, behind those eyes filled with guilt and pain, behind those concerned actions and words, and behind those sudden changed of emotions from being worried to being neutral. She wanted to know every corner behind Lisa’s actions. Then she realised, she wanted Lisa.

At the back of her mind, a part of her wanted Lisa to be that knight in shining armour just for her, she wanted Lisa to be that prince charming that Nayeon was talking about. She realized that she fell for Lisa just within the two meetings, that maybe it was her who fell in love at first sight, at first gesture, at that first smile, at that first talk with her, that first rescue. It registered to her that Lisa showed different parts of her personality every time they meet. 

She recalled all those scenes with Lisa that she was able to capture through her mind.  Recollecting those memories, Lisa showed her brave, calm, friendly, playful, aggressive, cool and carrying side of her despite that impassiveness front of hers.

Jennie didn’t realize the smile that formed from her lips along with those thoughts.

‘Lisa is someone I want to know and I want her to know me too. ’ Jennie’s curiosity for the girl was crawling up on her fast.  She thought that she should meet Lisa soon to know more about her so that she could decide if her curiosity would be cut off or continue depending on Lisa’s true personality.

But her uplifted mood slowly degraded, remembering how impenetrable Lisa’s mind was. How can she reach her heart and mind if the latter obviously showed how guarded her feelings were.

Looking down as she walks, Jennie sighed heavily with her thoughts. “Oohh, what a heavy sigh that was.” The comment made Jennie looked up. She saw the same girl Lisa was with at the night club, standing a few meters in front of her.

“Looks like we meet again, Miss Jennie Kim? By the way, I’m Kim Jisoo” having a friendly tone, Jisoo smiled brightly to Jennie. “Are you free? Would you like to have a coffee with me?” Jisoo offered but before Jennie could respond, she found herself being guided by Jisoo to their way to a coffee shop. With Jisoo’s bubbly personality, she wasn’t able to say no.

Once settled, it hit Jennie hard that there was this girl who was with Lisa, whom she completely thought was her girlfriend. Jennie felt a spark of jealousy within her. She thought that Jisoo found out about the kiss between her and Lisa and was going to confront her about it.

“Hey, don’t be nervous. I will not eat you” Jisoo joked. “You see, me and Lisa have been friends for a long time. She was like a younger sister to me.” Jennie wasn’t able to hear a thing after the word ‘friends’. It was like a knife was pulled out from her heart and her worries about this girl vanished in a second.

“I’ve seen her from her best to her worst. As you can see, she was locked down in deep agony that she decided not to believe in love anymore. She became playful in a charismatic way with the people around her but believe me, she was once a nice diligent girl. The pain and bad experiences she felt in love changed her.” Jisoo carefully added with sadness in her tone.

With the sudden history, Jennie got confused and asked, “Why are you telling this to me?”. Jisoo looked up to her with a sweet smile. “because for the first time in forever, I saw Lisa cared for someone again.” Jennie caught Jisoo’s eyes sparkled upon saying those words.

“She may deny knowing love but her actions say the complete opposite of it. I bet you also believe that action speaks louder than words.” Jisoo added still giving Jennie a genuine smile like she completely knew Jennie’s feelings about Lisa.

“What do you mean by that? Are you saying that Lisa…?” Not trying to assume things, Jennie asked. Knowing what Jennie was talking about, Jisoo think it through before answering “Well, I don’t know if she loves you but one thing is for sure, she cares about you more than anything. I saw it all that night at the club, how she tried hard not to care but lose herself in that situation. It’s like she keeps on saying ‘how dare you touch Jennie’ with every punch.” Jisoo explained confidently. She knows Lisa more than anyone.

“What do you want me to do?” Jennie asked earning a shook of head from Jisoo “What do you want to do, Jennie Kim?” she corrected Jennie. For a second, Jennie was speechless with Jisoo’s counter. “It’s not me who’s gonna tell you what you should do. It will always be you who’s going to decide for that” Jisoo explained.

Jisoo realized the time deciding to bid farewell to Jennie, she left first with her thinking through, ‘It’s a shot on the moon but I want to give it a try.”. Jisoo wanted to believe that Jennie can pull Lisa back to who she really is, to make her realize that she didn’t completely forgot what love is. Jisoo was hoping that this time, despite all the pain, hatred and sadness she felt in her past, Lisa would finally think that it’s worth another try.

After meeting Jisoo, Jennie made up her mind. Meeting Jisoo was a great push for her to make a move from her thoughts. 

A sudden ring from her doorbell made Lisa flinched from her seat. ”Who could that be?” Lisa asked herself, not expecting any guest as of the moment. 

Lisa is different when she’s at home; she wears simple clothes, specs on with her hair ponytailed. She displays a simple normal girl compared to her badass girl crush image. Lisa at home was the real Lisa. She feels comfortable enough inside h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter