DJ Park

You are my No. 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“The snow’s really piling up out there. I hope y’all are tucked away in your warm blankets. With a mug of hot coffee in your hands to warm you up while listening to the y voice of your favourite person in the whole world - who is none other than your host DJ Park, here to warm your heart.” Chanyeol’s deep grand voice resonates in the small studio like an endless chant as he greets his listeners the second he goes on air.

 

“It’s 10 at night and you are listening to ‘Kiss the Radio with DJ Park’. Let’s start the show on this cold January night with Coldplay’s Everglow. Here we go~~~”.

Chanyeol transforming into his DJ role so quick as soon as the ON-AIR lights go green still amazes the staff at Kool FM but what amazes them more is how that switch is never conscious, never a pretence. And that’s why he is given the title of a ‘natural talent’ at the radio station. He knows how to woe his audiences. Not just the girls but everyone loves Chanyeol or rather DJ Park, that’s how everyone knows him.

 

“So today is a special day. Do you all know what it is?” Chanyeol teases his listeners with the rarely used cutesy voice.

 

“What did you say? Say louder.”

 

“Yessss. You are right. Today marks the completion of one year since we first met.” And then there are loud cheers inside the studio that can be heard by the listeners over the live broadcast; all the writers and staff clapping and cheering loudly while popping crackers and confetti in celebration.

 

There are continuous shouts of “speech, speech” and Chanyeol embarrassingly pulls the mic forward and thanks all of his listeners and staff members for the love and support his gig at KBS Kool FM got from the start till present.

 

“Since today is a special day, today’s show is special as well. There will be walking down the memory lane, song requests and surprise gifts for lucky callers. So grab your phone and dial xxx-xxx-xxx to win amazing prizes. Hurry... I am waiting~~~.” Chanyeol is reciting on air once everybody has left the studio except for few noona staff members. And as soon as he finishes speaking, there is a flood of calls. Sehun, the assistant PD at Kool FM, faces a hard time handling screaming fan girls that are making him go deaf.

 

“Oh wow, we already have our first caller. Let’s see who it is. Hello!!”

 

“Hello. Oh my god. DJ Park. It’s really you.”

 

“Haha..yes it is me. Welcome to kiss the radio with DJ Park. What’s your name?”

 

“My name is Hana. And I really really love your voice. Oh and by the way Happy 1st anniversary. I have been your loyal fan since day 1. Congratulations~~.” The girl is gushing all over and the sounds of screaming girls, probably her friends, can be heard from the background as well; and chanyeol all but smiles at that. Always getting excited by the joy people associate with him and how much it makes him happy to make others happy this much.

 

“Waaaahhhh...thank you for your endless support. Since you've been a loyal fan, I will be loyal to you as well. You ask me anything and I will do it if I can.” Chanyeol is beaming from ear to ear and this segment is kind of impromptu. Some of the pd-nims are eying him cautiously but he gives them all a thumbs up, saying a silent ‘I got this’ to appease their worries.

 

“Then marry me.” It all backfires the next second though with just these few simple and innocent (maybe not so) words of the overeager fan.

 

“What..haha” Chanyeol emits his infamous weird laugh while nervously glancing around at the staff members for any cue on how to respond and all he gets in return is their badly controlled laughter and some ‘we told you so’ and ‘you did this to yourself’ smirks.

 

“Marry me and then be loyal to me” the girl says and giggles uncontrollably. And Chanyeol would have found it all amusing, like the others do, if he was not the one at the receiving end of it.

 

While trying to find at least one person who will prompt him what to say, Chanyeol sends a look of SOS at his friend and Assistant PD, Sehun who mock snickers at him while rolling his eyes; taking too much fun in Chanyeol’s helplessness. Dejected Chanyeol has nothing left to do except come up with a plan of his own.

 

“Ha ha...I wish I could do that” Chanyeol is saying to the girl in a polite voice while thinking inwardly ‘if I was not so gay’ and gives her a gift voucher from a clothing brand instead as a compromise. Taking a sigh of relief after finishing the call, he plays another son

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter