Ch 5

A Slice of Summer Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- So in sync <3 -

A few delivery runs later, and they’ve worked out a companionable rhythm. Jongin co-pilots perfectly by organizing the sequence of the stops and reading the order slips aloud for Kyungsoo to do a faster check that he has the right pizzas each time. They make a great team.

With a genuine smile, Kyungsoo tells him, “I wish I could have you on all my runs.” (For more than one reason, of course.)

 

- Huh? -

The next delivery is at Jongin’s apartment complex. Kyungsoo checks the clock and realizes it’s already 10pm.

“Do you want me to drop you off here? I feel like I’ve dragged you around way longer than you probably wanted,” he says, rubbing the side of neck shyly.

“No! I’m having fun,” Jongin quickly interjects.

“Ah, that’s good,” Kyungsoo smiles. “You’re a quick learner, too. You’ll make a great delivery driver.”

Jongin purses his lips. “About that… I kinda lied?”

“What?”

 

- The honest truth -

Jongin runs his hand through his hair a few times, fidgeting. “I have no plans to be a delivery driver. I just made it up so you wouldn’t take back the offer to go out tonight,” he admits sheepishly.

Wow. Kyungsoo feels warm all over, touched he would actually go through this much trouble and work tonight just to spend time with him. “Really?”

Jongin nods, chuckling a little nervously. “I don’t even own a car, Soo.”

 

- Break time -

Kyungsoo stares at him unblinking for a long moment, then opens his car door and gets out.

“Ah, please don’t be mad!” Jongin calls from inside the car. Where’s he going?

Jongin starts to open his door to follow, but Kyungsoo gets right back inside, tossing his cap and the pizza car topper onto the backseat.

“What’s--”

“I’m off duty now,” Kyungsoo says, cutting Jongin’s question off as he leans forward and kisses him hard, square on the mouth.

 

- The seal's been broken -

In no time at all, Jongin is pressing back against those plush lips, heart thrumming wildly in his chest.

It’s simple but passionate, no trace of the hesitation typical of most first kisses. They’ve hesitated enough.

When Kyungsoo breaks it off, Jongin’s eyes search his, chest heaving and want building inside of him. He ~needs~ to kiss Kyungsoo again (and again, and again…), but there’s still hot pizza in the backseat.

“What about the customers?”

“They can wait. I’m busy with my favorite.”

That’s all the go-ahead Jongin needs to surge forward and capture Kyungsoo’s mouth again.

 

- Okay this one is a little -

This kiss rapidly turns heated, as their lips push and pull with all the lust that’s been growing between them for days. Kyungsoo threads fingers through his hair as Jongin angles to let their tongues brush together. When he gently on Kyungsoo's lower lip, Kyungsoo lets out a light moan, and the sound has Jongin fumbling to unbuckle his seat belt to get closer.

After several tries, he gives up and tugs Kyungsoo by the waist, the smaller eagerly abandoning the driver’s seat to climb onto Jongin's lap.

The air turns humid in the car as heated gasps slip out between wet kisses. Jongin hums into Kyungsoo's mouth as he feels Kyungsoo's hands roam across his body, down his neck and chest appreciatively, fingertips curling into his pecs and then sliding along his arms.

"Touch me," Kyungsoo whimpers against his lips, and Jongin is quick to comply.

The permission to touch is exhilarating. His hands wander from their gentlemanly position on Kyungsoo's slim waist down across his luscious , causing both of them to shudder.

 

- Knock knock -

There’s a loud knock on the windshield, startling them. Kyungsoo’s hands remain cradled around the back of his neck, but Jongin quickly slips his back up to hold Soo’s waist as they both turn in the direction of the noise.

“Is that Jongin??”

Of course it’s his good-for-nothing roommates. It’s as if they have an internal alarm that goes off every few hours asking ‘Have we ruined Jongin’s life lately? No? Better get on it.’

“Hi, Kyungsoo!” Chanyeol hoots, waving obnoxiously while Sehun gives a judgy look at their PDA.

 

- (boat emoji) Let them live -

Jongin glares at them. “Get out of here.”

“Hey, you’re the ones getting it on out in the open. It’s not exactly a private parking lot,” Sehun replies, gesturing around at the brightly lit apartment complex.

Kyungsoo sags his head forward, whispering in Jongin’s ear with a sigh, “They’re right.” He plants a soft kiss on the corner of Jongin’s jaw as he withdraws and climbs back into his own seat. His cheeks are flushed, and it’s hard to tell if it’s from making out or embarrassment.

“They’re so cute – look, at the windows all fogged up. Help, I’m getting Titanic flashbacks,” Yeol continues to tease as Sehun dramatically slaps and drags a palm down Jongin’s window.

 

- Run, ChanHun -

Jongin starts to open his car door, and his roommates jump back, smirking and holding up their hands in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter