Ch 4

A Slice of Summer Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Someone help Kyungsoo -

“It’s- it’s fine,” Kyungsoo says, blushing harder. “I must’ve looked dumb just standing on your doorstep.”

Jongin shakes his head no. “I told you, I love seeing you on my doorstep.” Oh, oh wow, he says it so tenderly, Kyungsoo feels like he might just melt (and not from the summer sun, for once).

“And, ah, if it makes you feel better, I saw it because I’ve been pacing in my foyer for the past five minutes watching for you to drive up,” Jongin admits sheepishly, stepping out of his apartment and closing the door behind him.

Kyungsoo laughs and starts leading them to his car. “That sounds just like how my puppy waits for me.”

The words are out before he can stop them. He just called Jongin a dog. Wtf. WHERE IS THE BACKSPACE BUTTON, he needs to delete the last five minutes and start over.

 

- Honestly, with Jongin, who knows the motive -

“Sorry, I didn’t mean--”

Jongin waves him off with an unbothered chuckle. “I love dogs, and I’ve been compared to an oversized puppy before. I’ll take it as a compliment,” he reassures him. “You have a puppy?”

“Yeah, two actually.” Kyungsoo digs out his phone to pull up the latest pic he has of the fur babies. Jongin leans in close behind him to see, chin hovering just over Kyungsoo's shoulder. He almost drops the phone when he feels Jongin's breath against his cheek, but recovers and points to Huchu.

"Cute!" Jongin coos over the photo, and Kyungsoo wonders if he's half draped over his back for the sake of skinship or if he's just really that excited to see the dogs.

 

- Brain to mouth filter = none -

It's hot as hell even without Jongin raising his body temp by standing so close, so Kyungsoo tucks his phone away and walks to the passenger side door to open it for him, hoping that’s not too hokey.

“I have dogs, too. Three, back at my parent’s place,” Jongin explains with a wide grin, stepping into the car. Okay, maybe the guy really does just like dogs.

Kyungsoo walks around and slides into the driver’s seat. “Pics? I showed you mine, you show me yours.”

Jongin flushes at the choice of words before Kyungsoo realizes how suggestive it sounds. He'd take it back, but Jongin's smiling, so he doesn't. Kyungsoo is truly lucking out, failing the way to the top with this guy.

 

- O_O (mouth emoji) -

“I’ll find a pic of my doggos while you drive to your first delivery. Don’t want to make you late,” Jongin says thoughtfully.

“Okay," he puts his keys in the ignition but stops. "Wait, you're not--” Kyungsoo leans over and reaches across Jongin’s chest to pull the seatbelt across his lap. His hand brushes along Jongin’s thigh with the motion, and Kyungsoo feels him tense under his touch. “S-safety first,” he explains.

When he looks up from the buckle, their faces are awfully close. Kyungsoo finds himself staring at Jongin's tempting lips and then up into chocolate brown eyes fully focused on his. The two boys lock gazes for an intense second... before Kyungsoo chickens out and hurriedly starts the car.

 

- Can you really blame Jongin? -

Despite the crackling when they first got in the car, the ride-around is miraculously not awkward. They engage in friendly chatter about their poodles, swapping stories about how they first adopted them and each dog’s personality.

Jongin mentally berates himself a few times for not going for it and kissing Kyungsoo when he had the chance. But it was only the start of the date, and they had deliveries to make. Something tells him that once he starts kissing Kyungsoo, it’ll be very difficult to stop.

They have to hit pause on their conversation each time they reach a customer’s place, but Jongin doesn’t mind. He gets to watch Kyungsoo saunter up to each door and enjoys being able to freely stare at his luscious without fear of getting caught.

 

- Touchy <3 -

“Ah, we have to go back to the parlor now,” Kyungsoo announces after their fourth stop. He doesn’t seem happy about it. Jongin turns and checks to see the backseat is empty of pizza, surprised how quickly time has gone by.

“Do you… not like going to the parlor?”

Kyungsoo chews on his bottom lip. “I’m just worried since you’re with me.”

Jongin frowns. “I told you not to let me get you in trouble. You can drop me off in the back alley or something if you don’t want them to see me.”

“What? No! It’s not—” Kyungsoo sighs and explains. “These are the guys who wrote that note on your pizza box. I’m worried what they might do or say in person is all. Don’t want them to scare you off.”

“That’s not possible,” Jongin says matter-of-factly. “Plus, you’ve seen my annoying roommates. I’m the last person to judge another based on their friends’ teasing.” He chances a reassuring on Kyungsoo’s forearm, and Kyungsoo’s mouth tugs up into a soft smile.

 

- Kings of operation "Get Soo laid" -

“I’ll run in and grab the orders. Keep the car running, and stay here so you don’t have to suffer them. I’ll be right back,” Kyungsoo says, as he parks the car in front of the pizza place.

Jongin observes as the delivery guy walks into the store assertively and goes straight to the order shelf. He can see the two guys inside keep their distance, looking wary, and he snorts to himself, wondering what sweet Kyungsoo would’ve said to make them cautious.

Kyungsoo’s making his way back when the atmosphere in the room changes abruptly and the two guys are suddenly rushing excitedly to the front door on Kyungsoo’s heels. The delivery guy mutters something that keeps the two from actually leaving the store, but they’re peering out at Jongin and waving.

Jongin waves back hesitantly, and he gets an assortment of thumbs up and salacious winks.

 

- Work it, Jongin -

“I hate them,” Kyungsoo says, noticing their antics as he puts the pizzas in the back seat and slides back into the car.

“They seem like they’re happy for you. Just how much did you talk about me with them?” Jongin teases.

Kyungsoo turns red and pushes his phone into Jongin’s hand, changing the subject. “I’m supposed to be teaching you, right? Here, you do the navigating for the stops. I know all of these addresses but one.” He reads off the address so Jongin can type it into the navigation app.

 

- Flirty flirt flirts <3 -

“So most of these drops are regulars?”

“Yep. You end up developing nicknames for them. We’ve got ‘Woman with Too Many Cats’ and ‘Stoners Who Over Order.’ She’s a steady $4 tipper. The stoners are my second best customers, but tipping is erratic, depending on how high they are,” he explains with a smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter