Ch 3

A Slice of Summer Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- What to text... -

“Well, mystery solved. Congrats on all the you’ll be having,” Sehun say dryly, patting Jongin on the back.

Chanyeol reads the note over a few times. “ABAB rhyming pattern, impressive.”

“Thoughtful,” Sehun agrees. “So what are you gonna text him? A haiku?”

Yeol snaps his fingers, agreeing, and starts counting syllables on his hand.

“Hi, it’s me Jongin
What time are you free tonight?
I will eat your ”

 

- They're all poets now (eyeroll emoji) -

Sehun cackles. “I mean, he was pretty forward, so he might go for that, but I was thinking more like…” he counts the syllables out.

“Thanks for your number
When does your shift finish up?
I’m gay for you, too”

Chanyeol scoffs. “I like mine better. What do you think, Jongin? Jongin?”

" started without us."

 

- Jongin's got a number, and he's gonna use it ;) -

 

- The embarrassment is palpable -

 

- Random or...? :) ;) -

 

- Kyungsoo saves a new contact, too ;) -

“Um, why is Jongin digging through the garbage?” Chanyeol asks, concerned.

Sehun glances back at the kitchen to see Jongin’s upper torso buried in the garbage can like an oversized trash panda. He shrugs and returns to watching the World Cup on TV.

“Love makes people do crazy things, Yeol.”

 

- Jongin's fingers are texting faster than his brain thinks -

 

- Getting bolder, huh? -

 

- Anticipation -

 

- Getting ready (sponge emoji) -

Kyungsoo drops off the last order in his car, skipping back to his car with an uncontrollable grin on his face. Not that it even matters to him right now, but tips have been amazing on this run. His giddy moody from learning his crush is interested after all must be spilling over into better service.

He can hardly believe he’s going to have a date with Jongin. Maybe ‘date’ is a bit of a stretch, but they’re going to ~hang out.~

He stops to fill up gas and clean up the inside of his car, shaking out his car mats and meticulously wiping down the dashboard.

Now, he just needs a chat with his ‘friends.’

 

- Meanwhile, at the parlor -

“He’s been gone awhile,” Jongdae says nervously, checking the clock.

Baek is fidgeting, too, but tries to play it cool.

“Maybe it worked so well, the guy jumped him before he even got back to his car and they’re busy enjoying a little afternoon delight.”

 

- Cowards, face the music -

"He's here. Baek, don't you dare leave me. Get your out here!" Dae yells as Baekhyun tries to sneak back into the storeroom.

"Does he look like he's smiling?" Baek asks, cowering behind him.

"How the hell should I know? I can't see through the windshield."

The car door opens, and Kyungsoo steps out. He rips off his hat, chucking it back into his car with some force, and slams the driver's door closed.

"Uh oh."

"Lock the door! Junmyeon won't care if we close early, right??"

 

- Full blown panic -

Kyungsoo unlocks the parlor door. (Did these idiots forget he has a key, too?) Before he can say a word, Baekhyun is already yappin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter