Chapter 3: Truthfully/Can't Help Falling In Love

Truthfully

 

Mina’s POV

Here we go again… Another babysitting job.

Mina sighed to herself as she opens the file handed over to her as her new job. Being in the business long enough, Mina has dealt with several protection cases, and by one look, she knows that her new client looks exactly like one of Satan’s finest creations, other than cats of course. And even before they met, she proved her right.

Seeing Sana walking towards a different direction, Mina knew that she was trying to shake her off. With that, Mina went to her car and drove to the other exit just in time to see her target getting into a cab. Mina tailed the car to Sana’s apartment and waited patiently in her car, wanting to let the latter enjoy a little ‘success’ of shaking her off. Mina proceeded to report to Papa Minatozaki that his daughter has safely arrived and is currently unpacking her things, letting her client feel at ease with his daughter in Mina’s hands.

Soon after, Mina received a signal that Sana called for an uber driver, so she intercepted the signal and sent her own car plate number as the driver picking her up. Giving herself a little victory dance, Mina drove to the pick-up point of the apartment, ready for their ‘first meeting’. Mina played along with Sana in the car, acting all interested to test the older girl’s reaction, and apparently, she has no idea who her bodyguard is. What a pity…

 

After extracting Sana out from the club, Mina thought her back was broken with all the pulling from the former. Who would have thought that a girl with such a small frame can have the strength of Hulk when she’s drunk?

Wait, is she normally like this? I need to better protect myself then.

Mina exclaimed internally while shaking her head before she reaches to put on the seatbelt for Sana, and what happened after left her stunned. Sana pulled her by her neck for a kiss, her first kiss.

“My Prince Charming~ I’ve been waiting for you!” Immediately pulling her head back after the kiss, Mina starts reddening from her neck all the way to the face. Holding onto her lips, Mina felt her heart skipped a beat.

“It’s just a kiss, it’s just a kiss. Must be the alcohol!” Mina tried to convince herself as she slaps both her cheeks to bring herself back to reality.

As she moves to sit in the driver seat, she still feels her heart beating like crazy, must be the fact that it was her first kiss. After putting on her seatbelt, she turned to see Sana with her face covered by her hair, so Mina used her fingers to tug the loose strands of hair behind Sana’s ears. Smiling peacefully to herself, Mina drove them back to Sana’s apartment.

 

For once, after she started her new mission, she thought she will finally have some peace with the drunk girl, but wrong she was. She’s on a ride to hell with this drunk girl, pulling onto her hair and arms occasionally as Mina drags her into Sana’s bedroom to settle the drunk girl down. Guess Sana isn’t going down without a battle as Mina tries to change Sana out into a clean set of clothes.

“Come on, raise your hands for me, princess.” Mina tries her best to pacify the older, as Sana insists that her ‘prince charming’ calls her ‘princess’…

“Nuuuu~” Sana refuses to put on anything or even co-operate with Mina as she just plops down into her bed, .

Can’t bearing to see the sight in front of her, Mina sighed heavily, looking obviously dishevelled after the tough battle with the ‘princess’, she moved to the bathroom to get a tub of clean water and cloth to wipe Sana clean. Testing the temperature with her hands, Mina then squeezed the excess water from the cloth, and gently wiped Sana’s face, limbs and her body. With her sleeves rolled up to her elbows and hair tied in a messy ponytail, Mina still managed to look amazing as she takes care of Sana.

After a long battle, Mina finally got Sana to sleep. Mina then took a shower to clean herself and unpacked her belongings in the guestroom, and her wardrobe filled with multiple sets of white dress shirts, black blazers and black pants, along with some more ‘casual’ clothes like jeans, t-shirts and short. Taking one last check on Sana, Mina pulled the blanket over Sana’s bare body to prevent her from catching a cold, before going back into her room to rest for the night.

 

Main POV

 

Going to school the next day is extremely awkward for both Sana and Mina as the students around the campus just turns to point at them, seeing Mina was a bruised cheek and bandaged head.

“Now you’re the one drawing unnecessary attention.” Sana teased Mina as she turns to poke at the bruise, earning a hiss and a glare from her bodyguard. “Anyways, do you ever wear anything else other than white shirt and pants?” Sana asked, genuinely concerned about Mina’s sense of fashion.

“I don’t see the need to.” Mina replied nonchalantly as Sana scoffs at her reply.

As they continue to their classroom, a poster caught Sana’s eyes. A competition, singing competition.

“Mina wait,” Sana pulls Mina back as she looks at the poster, “The first prize is a pair of couple ring! Let’s do this.”

Rolling her eyes at the comment, Mina replied coldly, “No.”

As much as Sana tries to convince her bodyguard, nothing seems to work, so she adds a bit more aegyo as she asks again, “Please?” Showing her signature puppy eyes.

Least to say, Mina melts a little inside and reluctantly conforms. “Okay, but I can only play the guitar.”

“That’s good enough!” Sana squeals and pulls Mina into a bone-crashing hug and promised to get them the first prize.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 “I was always the one dodging phone calls
From every girl that I met in my bed
But then you came around like a brick wall
You knocked me out, out of my head”

Sana sang the part with her eyes closed, thinking about how Mina always warned her about flirting around and breaking people’s heart. Then she opened her eyes to see Mina playing the guitar attentively on the high chair in her usual white shirt with sleeves folded up to her elbows and jeans, something different from what she wears. Sana smiles gently at the sight before her before turning to face the audiences and continued with the song.

Everyone was swaying with Sana’s angelic voice as she reaches the chorus.

 

“You just go blame the bad timing, admit it to me”

Sana turns to Mina again as she plucks the strings, hoping that she will look up at her once. And as if the heaven’s heard her wish, Mina looks up at Sana, staring into her eyes and smiles.

 

“Speaking truthfully, I love you more than you love me”

Sana sang the line looking straight into Mina’s eyes, earning herself a gummy smile from the latter as Mina then looked back down to the guitar to continue with her plucking.

 

As Sana finishes her song, both girls stood up to bow and the audiences are applauding loudly, as if they have already got the winner. And indeed, they won the first prize.

 

Taking one of the ring out of the box, Sana put it on her slender finger and showed it to Mina.

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” Sana questions gleefully as Mina nods her head in approval. Then Sana pulled Mina’s hand into her own and pulled out the other ring to put it on for Mina.

“Ah-ha! Perfect.” Sana said as she intertwines their hands together.

“Why do I have to wear a couple ring with you?” Mina questions with a stoic face, unknown to how it made Sana sadden a little inside.

“You won your share too… You keep it.” Sana says softly, afraid that her voice might betray her feelings, she walked faster towards the car and immediately went into the car.

Stunned at Sana’s reaction, Mina is pleasantly surprised that the problematic girl actually wants to head home so early today. Smiling at the ring on her finger, Mina ran towards the car, catching up with Sana and went into the driver’s seat. As Mina turns around, she sees tears b in Sana’s eyes, threatening to fall but Sana only turns her body away from Mina as the younger reaches her hand to Sana’s shoulder.

Okay, maybe she doesn’t want to talk about it…

Shrugging her shoulders, Mina proceeded to drive them home. The whole ride was filled with silence, which is an extremely rare thing since Sana just can’t seem to keep shut all the time. Mina pulled into the carpark only to see Sana has fallen asleep during the ride, so she went over to get Sana out of the car. As she undoes the seatbelt on Sana, Mina sees Sana’s tear-stricken face, tilting her head to the side, Mina wonders what happened to the always-cheerful girl that she babysits, but pushed the thought aside as she puts Sana onto her back. She carries the sleeping girl on her back, into their shared apartment to put Sana onto her bed so she can rest well for the night.

 

Mina’s POV

 

Wait, am I actually falling into gay panic?!

Mina thought to herself as Sana shows her signature puppy eyes, demanding for the both of them to join the singing competition.

Okay, the first prize is a pair of couple rings? Isn’t it obviously made for couples then?

Mina wondered but is a little happy that Sana wants to join the competition with her, so she agrees to ‘help’, or how she tries to convince herself. Maybe Sana just wanted the couple rings to give them to someone else.

 

On the day of the competition, Mina thought of how Sana has always wanted to see her in something else other than her usual, so she picked a pair of jeans and put them on. Smiling to herself, Mina gave herself a mental hi-five that she still manages to look awesome with not-her-usual-working-clothes. Picking up her guitar, she plucked a few strings, warming up to the instrument she has taken up as a child. It’s her first time performing for someone, more specifically, Sana.

As Sana sang her lines, Mina was more than amazed, she never once realised how Sana has the voice of an angel and seeing her sing with so much concentration made Mina’s hear flatter a little. When their eyes met as Sana sang those fateful lines, Mina felt her heart beating hard against her chest, electricity flowed through her body as Sana’s eyes stared straight through her zand a smile breaking her face. She immediately went back to focus on her guitar afraid that Sana might realise how blood is currently rushing to her face and the tips of her ears are starting to heat up.

Knowing that they won first place came very much as a surprise to Mina, and Sana putting on the ring onto her finger and intertwining their fingers came even much more surprising. Mina froze a little when Sana held Mina’s hand into the her own. Biting back a smile, Mina gathers all the self-control in her to make the most expressionless expression and asks, “Why do I have to wear a couple ring with you?” Maybe it came out colder than she has expected, nonetheless, Mina patted herself on the back for not exposing her emotions to the older. Mina was an idiot when it comes to relationships and love, she never would have known all the hidden feelings behind the lyrics Sana sang to her, nor Sana’s desire to wear matching rings with the younger.

 

After settling Sana into her bed, Mina went back to the couch, caressing the guitar, it felt really good to play along with Sana’s singing. She will miss those times, she definitely will.

 

“Wise man says, only fools rush in

But I can’t help, falling in love with you.”

 

Plucking onto the familiar strings, singing those familiar notes, the song that her father sang to her when she was younger, telling her on how he managed to get her mother with this song. Back to the good old days when Mina was happily singing with her father and her mother knitting by the couch, it brought some tears into Mina’s eyes as she reminisces those days.

 

“Shall I stay, would it be a sin

If I can’t help, falling in love with you.”

 

Singing the last few lines, Mina can’t help but wonder what she would do if she really fell for Sana. Will she lose her job? Will she lose a friend? Or will she simply lose everything? Maybe she has nothing to lose? With a very cluttered mind, Mina put down her guitar and rose from the couch, deciding that she should get some rest. As she looks up, she sees a familiar figure, those familiar eyes staring back at her with tears rolling down her cheeks.

 

And she panics, Mina panics.

 


A/N: Curious about Mina's POV?? Here you are, I got you fam! Okay, I didn't manage to stick to my 3 chapters goal, but sorry not sorry. As the title for this chapter states: Truthfully or Can't Help Falling In Love, you guys can deicide for yourself, choose your sides!! 

And from this chapter you will realise the origin of the title for this fanfic too, I hope I don't dissappoint. The fic will be coming to an end very soon, so stay tuned! As usual, comments are mush appreciated! c: