Chapter 2

Truthfully

 

“WHAT?!!” Sana practically screamed at Mina in the face after the revelation. She has always thought that she indeed escaped from her bodyguard, but no. There she is, sitting right in front of her looking effortlessly stunning.

Wait a minute… Isn’t she my driver yesterday too?

Realisation hit her big finding out that she has long been exposed. With the new information at hand, Sana could only shove the omelette into her face dejectedly. In the end, she can never win her father… As soon as the taste of the omelette hits her palate, Sana is pleasantly surprised as she widens her eyes and shove more of the eggs into . She must have been hungry from too much sleep.

“Hey, slow down, no one’s snatching that from you.” Mina commented as she giggled at Sana’s reaction. She knows that she makes amazing meals with the precision she follows with all her steps in cooking, but no one has ever displayed such a huge reaction for her cooking. Especially not when it’s just eggs.

 

After finishing their food, Mina placed the dirty dishes into the dish washer and proceed to retrieve some documents from a suitcase. As both girls sat on the sofa, Mina flipped through the set of documents with highlighted portions and explained to Sana that she will be attending college in two days’ time. Her father has apparently prepared everything for her, including having Mina enrolled in the same college and course with Sana so she can look after his princess 24/7. Sana is known to be notorious in high school; going around flirting with other girls and sometimes skipped school while running away from her bodyguards. Well, Papa Minatozaki wouldn’t want his daughter to go breaking some other politicians’ daughters’ hearts and get the whole family into trouble…

And, Papa Minatozaki knows his princess way too well as she continues with her shenanigans in the new school…

 

First day of college was just filled with a bunch of admin work as Sana got bored filling up the various forms and she left Mina to fill up both of their forms. Leaving her poor bodyguard with all the work, Sana begin walking around the compound to look for cute girls that catches her eyes. However, being the sharp one, Mina manages to pull the older girl towards her every time she is remotely ‘far’ away from her. Which is every time Sana being more than an arm’s length distance away. Pouting at her new bodyguard’s habits, Sana could only be on a lookout and not be able to physically flirt around.

“Come on Mina, faster. I want to go talk to that girl over there!” Sana whined as she points towards a girl with a bright smile and pale skin who seems to be occupied with her group of friends who are all undeniably beautiful as well.

Sighing at her client’s restlessness, Mina could only try to finish up the forms and follow Sana to wherever she might want to go. Walking up to the group of fine ladies, Sana greeted cheerfully at them.

“Hiii~ I’m Sana, nice to meet you all!” Sana introduced herself as she offers her hand for handshakes with everyone in the group. As they introduced themselves one by one, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, oh. Dahyun, so that’s the name of the one that caught Sana’s eyes. Being the ever-so-overly-enthusiastic one, Sana immediately pulled Dahyun into a bone crashing hug, closing the already uncomfortable spacing between them, even more uncomfortable.

 

“Sana!” Mina warned the girl and pry her off Dahyun as she bows slightly in apology. “Sorry about that, I’m Mina.” She said and proceeded to shake each of their hands.

 

After the encounter with what Sana claim as her love of her life, Mina pulled them to finish up with all the paperwork before heading home.

As they were in Mina’s car, Mina started warning Sana about ‘personal space’ and that she should respect that not everyone is comfortable with hugs and kisses, vaguely reminding her of how she also got her first kiss stolen by the same girl. Sana whined and protested but Mina manage to ignore the older girl, leaving her to huff and slump into her seat.

“By the way, that Dahyun back there is one of the mafia boss’ daughter, or to put, a yakuza’s daughter, so I recommend that you don’t try anything funny with her.” Mina warned as she turns to shoot the older girl a warning glare. Certainly, no one would want more things on their plate when dealing with a whiny princess. And of course, Mina’s words of warning fell to deaf ears when Mina once caught Sana eating Dahyun’s face in the back alley of the JYP Club.

 

Mina knew Sana would get herself into a load of trouble, including, but not limited to; flirting with almost every girl in the school, being late for lessons, not completing her assignment in time, drinking and clubbing as and when she can, and the worst of all? Breaking the heart of a mafia’s daughter.

Mina could have sworn her career and life events just flashed past her eyes as she sees Dahyun running away with tears in her eyes when Sana held hands with the campus sweetheart, Eunha. Mina did try desperately to get Sana to explain herself properly to Dahyun, but well, things never really went out well…

And then comes this faithful day…

 

“Mina help! I think someone is following me.” Sana’s voice trembled as she speaks frantically into her phone. It was Sana’s fault for trying ditch Mina and slip out herself that she’s now in distress. Lucky for Sana, Mina has very much gotten used to her tricks that she has always been able to locate Sana within a minute.

Sighing hard, Mina came out from her hiding and pulled Sana into a narrow alley, running away into the main streets where attacks will less likely happen. Stunned by the sudden grip, Sana let out a yelp, but she has been way too familiar with the grip; the strength exerted, the size of the hand, and the scent accompanying her as they ran towards the main street.

Saying that Mina has a strong grip is an understatement, she literally has an iron grip that never fails to leave her hand print on Sana’s wrist every time she pulls the latter away from danger. Despite the many flaws that Mina has; rough, stone-cold and thinks that Sana is a burden and needs to stop causing trouble, Mina is reliable. She is a sturdy pillar that Sana can lean onto when she needs help, a shelter where Sana can seek comfort from when she misses her family and the many delicious meals that she makes and never fails to warm Sana from the inside.

 

Thinking that they have once again, survive a night, the two girls sighed as Mina glared at the older girl, demanding an explanation as to why she decides to run away from her bodyguard, again.

“Do you know the people that are following you?” Mina questions, clearly knowing their identity. With a shake of her head, Sana looks at Mina with her puppy eyes, seeking forgiveness from the fuming penguin.

“Well, I do.” Taking in a deep breath to prevent herself from bursting out at Sana, Mina continued, “They are mafias, Dahyun’s dad’s guys.”

Sana gasps out of shock from the news received, she never realised that her reckless flirting can lead her to this kind of situation.

“Didn’t I warn you about getting to close to that girl?” Mina could only sigh in defeat as she needs to find a way to get themselves out of this sticky situation. Meanwhile as they were heading, Mina sight another trio of the said mafias, realising that they are helplessly cornered, Mina immediately led Sana to another back alley, that is supposed to be a short-cut to their car. Taking the risk, Mina pushed Sana so that they can move faster. Knowing Sana, of course she will trip over her own feet and fall at such a critical time, and Mina had to pull her up forcefully to prevent them from getting surrounded by the mafias. As Sana finally picked herself up, Mina quickly passed her the car keys, “You can drive right? Go first!” and she proceeded to push Sana away from the gang that is quickly catching up with them.

As Sana turned to run for the car, Mina turned around, getting ready to take on the gang, buying time for her protection target to get away from danger. One may expect that a princess like Sana wouldn’t know how to drive, but mind you, that girl’s one rebellious kid. As the mafia guys closed in on Mina, she immediately sprang into action, grabbing the nearest wooden pole by the bin, she started swinging her newly found weapons at the guys. Some managed to block out one or two attacks from the girl, but their reactions are not fast enough before Mina lands an attack on their heads or legs to prevent them from proceeding forward. However, there’s only so many people she can deal at any one time, more guys caught up with her subsequently and that forced her to retreat her steps to prevent herself from getting hurt. One of the buffer guys managed to land his fist on Mina’s cheek, another got his fist in her abdomen and worst of all, one swung a wooden stick at her head so hard, it broke. Feeling the world spin in front of her as the final blow hit her head, she heard a car screech behind her, and she immediately turned around and staggered into the car to escape from the mafias. Turning around to see that Sana was the driver, Mina let out a breath that she was unknowingly holding onto and relaxed into the seat.

Mina let her eyelids drop for a while, resting from all the chaos from before and she feels a stream of warm liquid flowing down from her forehead. Casually, Mina brought her hand up to wipe away the crimson liquid from her face, successfully smudging them all over her face as Sana hissed witnessing the scene and immediately drove them home.

After Sana parked the car, she quickly got off and went over to the passenger seat to get Mina out of the car. Seeing the younger girl’s injury got her heart wrenching and guilt painted all over her face as she got Mina by her upper arm and brought her onto the couch. Sana used her hand to lift Mina’s face to examine the injury as Mina remains stoic and insists that she can get herself cleaned up.

“No, I will help you, or we’re going to the hospital!” Sana tried her best to sound as stern as she can, while she proceeded to get the first aid kit from under the kitchen counter.

Settling down next to Mina, Sana open the first aid kit and cut out a piece of gauze to wipe the blood away from the younger’s face. After that, she got another piece of gauze and some bandages to help cover up the wound, only to successfully blindfold Mina and half of her face.

“You sure you know what you’re doing?” Mina finally questions as she starts to feel Sana’s hands tremble from anxiety, a clear sign that she has no idea what she is doing.

“Actually… This is my first time doing this…” Sana replies as her voice softens to only a whisper.

Sighing towards Sana’s reply, Mina already expected this and began to unwrap her mummified head. She then patiently gave Sana instructions on how to sanitise a wound properly; dabbing a piece of cotton with alcohol, Sana used a pair of tweezers and gently, or so she thought, press onto the cut on Mina’s forehead, earning a hiss from the latter. Muttering a soft apology, Sana continues to disinfect Mina’s wound as gently as she can. After throwing the piece of cotton away, Sana used another to apply the antiseptic medication on the younger’s wound as well as the bruise on her cheekbone. She finished bandaging around Mina’s forehead neatly by following the latter’s instructions.

“Thanks.” Mina said, as Sana begin blushing slightly at the comment. Never has she heard Mina thank her before, but really, will there ever be an instance that Mina can be thankful for? Waving it off shyly, Sana was about to leave when Mina tugged onto her wrist and warned her one last time. “Don’t do anymore stupid things.”

Nodding guiltily, Sana led Mina to her room to rest before washing up. All this time, Mina has committed herself to this bratty princess, although it is Mina’s job, Sana still can’t help but feel safe and unusually comfortable with the former. She has never seen a woman for so long before, other than her mom, but somehow, she just doesn’t get sick of seeing the shy bodyguard. In fact, Sana look forward to seeing her every day, she can’t help but wonder what’s on her bodyguard’s mind, Sana wants to know more about her actually-soft bodyguard.

Maybe she just wants to be friends with Mina, maybe she wants her bodyguard to not treat her like any other client, maybe she wants to be special, at least to Mina.

Maybe she wants to be something more than just friends…

 


A/N: I hope you enjoyed the update! Do leave some comments and let me know what I can improve on! c: