First Revenge Scheme

Of Robbing Banks and Stealing Hearts

When Nayeon woke up the next morning, it was to the sight of Sana sleeping next to her, with a soft, peaceful expression on her face.

Like every other time she’d woken up in the same bed as Sana, Nayeon’s first thought was Oh My God.

She’d probably grow out of it at some point. Probably. But right now, Sana still took her breath away.

God, why was Nayeon so full of cliché lines lately? Was this what having a girlfriend did to you?

Heh. Sana was her girlfriend. Nayeon smiled and gave a happy little wriggle.

Beside her, Sana let out a snore.

Nayeon slipped out of the bed, careful not to wake her girlfriend. She decided to order room service for the two of them, because it was the closest she could get to bringing her girlfriend breakfast in bed. She picked what her girlfriend had ordered yesterday, then dialled reception and placed an order for the two of them. She hoped- no she knew, her girlfriend would like it.

Because they were girlfriends. Sana was her girlfriend.

Nayeon slapped herself lightly on the cheek, but the giddy grin refused to leave her face. Hopefully it would fade by the time Sana woke up, because seeing her creepily large grin first thing in the morning would freak anyone out.

Maybe it wouldn’t creep Sana out though. Her girlfriend was different like that.

A vibrating noise distracted Nayeon from mentally repeating the word girlfriend another thousand times. She walked over to the table and saw that Sana’s phone was ringing. It was the same girl from last time, Momo. Nayeon let the phone ring, and when it finally stopped she could see that there were multiple missed calls from both Momo and Mina.

Her good mood didn’t fade, but she did calm down a little.

Nayeon still wasn’t going to bring it up. Judging by the amount of missed calls Sana clearly didn’t want to talk to her friends, and Nayeon had a feeling Sana would rather ignore the problem completely instead of talking about it to anyone. If she did want to rant some more, Nayeon would listen. But she wasn’t going to push it, not when there was still so much fun to be had.

However, she was a little too curious to completely ignore it.

Sana was still fast asleep and the room service hadn’t arrived yet, so Nayeon whipped out her own phone and searched up Momo. The first batch of results were mixed, so she searched “Momo, Trinity” and got a much clearer set of links.

The first result was a Youtube channel. Nayeon assumed it was run by a fan, but to her surprise it turned out to be a channel where Momo uploaded dance videos. Nayeon watched one with over seven million views of her performing some strange vampire dance. It was impressive, Momo clearly had a lot of talent and it didn’t hurt that she was very attractive. Was that a requirement to be a superhero or something?

She scrolled down into the comments, and things got even weirder when she noticed that Chaeyoung was subscribed to Momo’s channel. Her comments seemed to all be compliments followed by requests to do various meme dances. Thankfully, Momo had yet to notice her.

One of the recommended videos was titled “Samo being clumsy compilation”.  Nayeon considered watching it, but it felt a bit like she was invading Sana’s privacy. She wanted to know more about Sana’s friends in general, but whatever relationship Sana had with them should be hers to tell. So instead of watching that, Nayeon searched up Mina. The first result was another compilation video, this time of Sana accidentally injuring Mina. It seemed she really hadn’t been exaggerating her level of clumsiness.

The second result was another news article about how the Trinity had saved Osaka from a slime monster. Sana and Momo had apparently knocked each other out in the process, so only Mina was available for interviews. There was a video clip attached which Nayeon watched.

“So tell me Mina, what are you three going to do now that it’s all over? Since you and Momo are officially a couple, can you tell us what you two get up to in your free time?”

Mina stared blankly into the camera, did a strange pose, and walked away.

“There goes Mina with her classic Sailor Venus move.” The reporter laughed. “So mysterious that one. Maybe one day we’ll actually hear her voice, but today just isn’t that day folks!”

The clip ended, and she scrolled down to read the comments.

Lol Mina is so uncomfortable when asked about Momo. Mimo is obviously a PR relationship to cover up Samo.

As if! Have you seen the way Sana and Mina look at each other? 2na is the realest ship.

You’re all so twisted and delusional. Mina and Momo are happy together. Deal with it.

She’s right. But seriously, you can’t tell me 2na haven’t kissed at least once.

Nayeon put her phone away before she was tempted to reply. It felt like she had learnt a lot, yet learnt absolutely nothing at the same time.

A knock on the door signalled room service was here. Nayeon went to answer it, and when she turned back around Sana was sitting up, blinking slowly at the world around her. Her eyes landed on Nayeon and turned soft, curving into a bright smile.

“Hey.” Nayeon said, pretending that her heart wasn’t swelling up with love. “I made you breakfast.”

“Breakfast in bed? What did I do to deserve such an amazing girlfriend?”

The dumb smile was back on Nayeon’s face. She brought the tray over to Sana and settled down next to her on the bed.

“Well as an amazing girlfriend yourself, I thought that you deserved the best I could get. Which is why a professional chef made it and not me, otherwise breakfast would be two burnt pieces of toast with a side of kimchi.”

Sana laughed, then leant over to kiss Nayeon. Nayeon got so distracted that she almost tipped the tray all over the bed, but the sound of the plates sliding made her jerk away and balance it again. Sana laughed again before balancing the tray on her knees.

“So what’s the plan for today, oh girlfriend of mine?”

Sana seemed to be relishing the girlfriend thing as much as Nayeon was. Every time Nayeon was worried that she was being too weird, Sana immediately turned out to be just as weird as she was. It was unreal how connected Nayeon felt to her, like they were walking through life on the same wavelength.

It’s only been three days, you cheesy dummy! Nayeon’s brain screamed at her. Calm down!

Nayeon’s heart politely told her brain to shut up, and continued to spout ridiculous sappy nonsense every time Sana so much as smiled at her.

“Well,” she cleared , trying to focus on answering the question and not the way Sana’s eyes practically twinkled. “Honestly I’ve no real plan for the day. We can do whatever we want, but I recommend not causing much trouble because Jihyo will most likely be ringing today to yell at us for kidnapping Dahyun. That’s going to be unpleasant no matter what, but it’ll be easier if we haven’t done anything too bad today.”

“Really?” Sana took a bite of her omelette, cheeks screwing up like an adorable chipmunk as she chewed. “I didn’t think Jihyo was that scary.”

“Oh she’s lovely.” Nayeon agreed. “The sweetest angel, very kind, generous and forgiving. But she’s also incredibly scary if you truly piss her off. Considering I’ve kidnapped both of Tzuyu’s friends in under a week, if she rats me out it will not be pretty.”

“Is it bad that I actually want to see that?”

“I get the curiosity, but trust me-”

Nayeon’s phone rang.

She took it out, saw the number, and flung her phone across the bed.

“Oh God it’s her!”

“What?” Sana jumped up. “Are you sure?”

“It’s the house number calling but I can’t think why it would be Jeongyeon. Oh shoot! You jinxed it!”

“I didn’t mean to!” Sana cried. “I take it back! I take it back!”

She yelled it as if the universe would suddenly reverse the call, but the phone kept ringing. Nayeon sighed, then reached forward.

“We have to answer it. There’s no telling how angry she’ll be if we ignore it, and I actually enjoy living.”

“How will she know we’re not just asleep?”

“Jihyo always knows.”

Nayeon hit answer, putting her phone on speaker and screwing up her face in preparation for the tirade that was about to come.

“Nayeon?”

“Jeongyeon!” Nayeon cheered. “Oh, I’m so glad it’s you!”

“You missed me that much huh?”

“I…Yes. Yes I did.”

“And your joy has nothing to do with the kidnapping Tzuyu has just informed me about?”

Well shoot. Sana was making frantic hand signals, but Nayeon couldn’t interpret them quickly enough, so she just shrugged.

“Ok fine. You caught me.”

“So then I’m guessing you thought I was Jihyo.”

“Maybe so.”

“I’m devastated.” Jeongyeon said, not sounding upset in the slightest. “Here I thought you were just that happy to hear from me.”

“Yeah yeah.” Nayeon rolled her eyes. “Does Jihyo know?”

“Nope. She’s at rehearsals right now, so I told Tzuyu I’d take care of it.”

“Oh?” Nayeon winked at Sana, a sly smile on her face. “You haven’t told Jihyo yet? You want something from me, don’t you?”

“Absolutely.” Jeongyeon replied without missing a beat. “You do this for me and I won’t tell Jihyo about how you and Sana traumatized Dahyun last night.”

“Traumatized her? She wasn’t scared in the slightest.”

“Do me this favour and I’ll let Jihyo know that if she finds out.”

“Fine. What do you need and why is it so shady that you need me to do it?”

“It’s about Jihyo.” Nayeon straightened up at the sudden seriousness of Jeongyeon’s voice. “That musical she’s in? Someone’s bullying her. There’s this woman called Chanmi who wanted the lead role, and since Jihyo got it instead and she’s just playing a side part she’s been harassing Jihyo for weeks.”

“Who told you this? We both know Jihyo’s too stubborn to admit she’s in trouble.”

“Kim Chungha. She said Jihyo won’t fight back, because she’s worried she’ll get a reputation for being a diva. She’s leaving it up to the directors and producers to solve this, but apparently they’re useless.”

“Chungha? The same Chungha who’s friends with literally everyone?”

“Exactly. If she’s coming to me saying there’s a problem with this girl, I believe her.”

“Well shoot.” Nayeon exchanged a worried glance with Sana. “We’ll take care of it Jeongyeon. Thanks for telling me.”

“No problem. Get Chaeyoung to hack her if you need to. I’d do it myself but I don’t want Jihyo finding out about this.”

“I get it.” Nayeon sighed. “Jihyo’s all about fighting her own battles, and never asks for help even when she should. We’ve done this before.”

“I remember.” It sounded like Jeongyeon was smiling. “She never realised why that boy cried and begged for forgiveness after insulting her the day before. Or why the whole school was suddenly really careful not to offend her after that.”

“That little twerp had it coming, but let me not. I’ll contact Chaeyoung, and this Chanmi girl will be out of the musical by tonight.”

“Thanks Nayeon. Say hi to Sana for me.”

“We’re girlfriends now!” Sana yelled into the phone.

“Oh! That’s great?” Jeongyeon sounded baffled, but happy. “Well, I hope you have a good time. Please don’t cause too much collateral damage.”

“No promises.”

Nayeon hung up then, turning to face Sana with a devious grin on her face.

“Looks like we’ve got our plan for the day. You game, partner?”

“Of course.” Sana’s grin was equally as devious. “What are you thinking? Do we scare her into leaving? Expose her? Just walk up and deck her in the face?”

“I’m loving your enthusiasm, and all those options sound great. I’d say start by seeing if Chaeyoung can find anything worth exposing, and if not, we move to plan B.”

“Cool! If we do plan B can I be the one to punch her?”

“You can certainly have the first shot.”

“Nice.”

She found Chaeyoung’s number and rang it, putting the phone on speaker again. Chaeyoung answered after five rings.

“I’m warning you now, if you’re trying to kidnap me again Tzuyu will put your head through a wall.”

“Interesting. She usually just threatens to feed me to her dog.”

“We realised Gucci has better taste.”

“Doesn’t he eat cockroaches?”

“Your point?”

“Hi!” Sana chimed in. “I’m Sana.”

“Hey there.” Chaeyoung sounded too calm, like Tzuyu and Dahyun had prepared her for this. “Please don’t kidnap me.”

“We won’t.” Nayeon promised. “Not today anyway. We actually need your help with something.”

“And why would I help you?”

“It’s for Jihyo.”

The phone went silent. Nayeon smirked at Sana, who did her best to muffle her laughter.

After a moment, Chaeyoung answered.

“What do you need me to do?”


“Wow.” Nayeon scrolled through the hacked messages Chaeyoung had sent her. “Jeongyeon wasn’t kidding. This woman is horrible.”

“She really is a bully. Did you see what she was saying about Jihyo behind her back?”

“I did. And I also saw what she said about the musical as a whole. Chaeyoung really pulled through, these messages have her saying rude things about everyone.”

“You think that they’ll fire her?”

“Considering they apparently only hired her because they didn’t have anyone else to play her part, I’d say they’ll definitely fire her. She’s mean, untalented and leaking these texts will create a ton of controversy. She’s not worth the hassle when they can just bump up extra number two to her role.”

“So how do we leak them?”

“We sneak into the theatre, steal one of the crew’s phones, and send this message to everyone involved in the show.”

“Dibs on doing the stealing!”

“Sure thing.” Nayeon grinned. “Your power is better suited for the task anyway. I’ll create a distraction.”

“Should we go right now?”

“Do you want to?”

“Well I kind of want to shower first.” Sana ducked her head, giving Nayeon a familiar mischievous look. “And I was hoping that this time you’d actually join me.”

Well. It wasn’t like Nayeon was going to say no to that.

“It’s still early in the morning.” She decided. “We can expose her in the afternoon.”

“Excellent. Let’s go see how many ways I can get you wet.”

“Oh my god.” Nayeon burst out laughing, letting Sana guide her towards the bathroom. “You have the worst innuendos, you know that?”

“Yeah, but you love it.”

Nayeon found she couldn’t argue with that either.