#1 Sabotage

Excerpts of Wenrene Stories I Probably Won't Write
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#Excerpt 1: Sabotage

 

“Oh God, your feet stink Irene!” Wendy muttered out loud, pinching her nose with her fingers as she walked in the bathroom unannounced.

“Wendy! I’m peeing, for goodness sake! WHY DID YOU COME IN?!”

Wendy shrugged seeing her best friend glaring at her from the toilet seat. “I’m just gonna brush my teeth.”

“Can’t you do that after my business here in the bathroom?”

The young woman just shrugged, tucking her blonde hair behind her ear and fixing her bangs. She then took her toothbrush and putting toothpaste on it with a wide grin on her lips. “You speak as if you never done that to me before.”

“Wendy, I WAS TEN BACK THEN AND YOU WERE NINE! I DON’T CARE WHAT I DID BACK THEN BUT YOU’RE TURNING TWENTY-FIVE! YOU BETTER GROW UP!”

“Eyy, I still have a long way to go~”

Shameless Wendy shrugged yet again, brushing her teeth in front of the mirror while humming to the happy tune of The Little Mermaid’s Under the Sea. She sure is having fun. As for her best friend-slash-roommate Irene, well the latter wasn’t technically happy. After doing her business and with slumped shoulders, she walked out of the bathroom. She was just yet thinking about her another failed blind date that her best friend Wendy somehow ruined. Again. As usual.

Well, no surprise there. Please take note Irene’s sarcasm, please.

It’s not that Wendy was explicitly showing that she hates Irene’s date, it’s just—Wendy always find a way to embarrass the young man Irene meets, or if that won’t work, embarrass Irene instead. And it’s not like Wendy was doing it in a totally obvious way, she does it bashfully, clumsily that it almost looks like an accident or a slip of a tongue.

In some way, Irene was just tired of it. She doesn’t understand just why does Wendy keep sabotaging her blind dates, turning up out of nowhere just so Irene couldn’t succeed in getting a second date out of the hundred blind dates she’s having. The guys were decent, have a stable job. Sure some were total bastards but the rest were pretty nice and gentle—and Irene just need to crack her head open to understand just WHY does Wendy hold some sort of dislike to her dates.

Just why, Wendy?

“Are you going to sleep?” Wendy asked, walking in Irene’s room unannounced while the older girl was changing clothes. Irene yelped in shock while the other girl’s cheeks turned bright red, closing the door right away. “I didn’t see anything!” She speed-talked although it was full of lies. Of course the younger girl saw it and the image of her best friend in just her underwear was just beyond—interesting to watch? Disgusting? y? Wendy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter