First confession

Destiny in Parallel Universe

Image result for korean princess

 

7 years ago

It has been 4 days Sunjung settled on the thick matress, laying in the thick and warm blanket.

Her non stop sniffles and coughs created more frown on her mother's face, Princess Min Seongjung.

"Court Lady Sua, how we can cure her? My heart hurts seeing my Princess like that" the mom sighs

"My heart hurts too Princess. I'll try call physician as fast as I can. May I excuse, Princess" the court lady exits from the room

"Aigo, my poor daughter. How can you and Baekhyun fell into lake?" Princess Seongjung caresses her daughter hot cheeks.

"Omma" Sunjung slowly openes her eyes, her vision is gray. It's all blurred. Her head hurts like a . is killing her.

"Sunjung? Thanks Lord, finally you awake!" Princess Seongjung cried in happiness. Finally, after days, her daughter awake from her deep sleep.

"Omma, w....water"

"Here..here, drink slowly" 

"B..Baekhyun" Sunjung utters 

"Baekhyun is fine" Seongjung assures her daugther. Caresses the pale girl's hair

Sunjung just nods and smiles. Her head still feel hurts, She consumes by her deep rest back.

 


Image result for korean lake

A few days before,

Baekhyun and Sunjung played nearby the lake. It's a very good evening and they decided to play outside the palace. They decided to dress like a commoner and disguise like a commoner.

That time, Baekhyun is just 16 years old and Sunjung is 11 years old.

Them both joked around and played together without minding other people bussiness. That is why they love to disguise as commoner , no guards and no court man and lady.

Baekhyun teased Sunjung and Sunjung pushed Baekhyun so hard until he bumped into one of the kids who play nearby.

The poor kid fell on the ground, but Baekhyun didnt even asked apologize.

"Yaah! Look where you go" Baekhyun scorned.

"What? You are the one who pushed him!" another taller boy came into the scene

"Wait, wait. sorry. We are sorry. Baekhyun just apologize" Sunjung felt uncomfortable as the other boys came. Maybe the fallen boy's friends.

"No! I wont ask apologize to commoner like them" Baekhyun said proudly. Forgoting the fact that he dressed like a commoner not a Prince.

"What the hell?" the one of the boy who taller than Baekhyun shoved Baekhyun's shoulder harshly.

Baekhyun stumbled backward and almost felt but luckily Sunjung held him.

"We are sorry" Sunjung bowed

"Yah Sunjung!Dont bow!" Baekhyun said in displeased.

A Princess should not bow to commoner, Baekhyun thought.

"No Baekhyun, it's not matter of who we are. It's our fault so we need to apologize" Sunjung hissed. 

It was a shock face showed by Baekhyun. He never thought a Prince should seek apologize to a commoner, but the Princess before him, blow up the new fact to him.

"We are..." Baekhyun was about to ask apologize 

"Move Baekhyun!" Sunjung suddenly pushed Baekhyun aside

The latter could not even comprehended the situation well as everything happened too fast.

"AHHH!" the Princess fell into the lake when a tall boy pushed her so hard.

Baekhyun still trying to digest eveything until he saw his bestfriend slowly drowning. 

"Sh...she cant swim!!" Baekhyun exclaim.

He quickly jumped into the lake and tried to reach Sunjung.

 


 

"Hey?" Sunjung slowly approached her bestfriend who sitting with Baek Ah at Gazebo

"Sunjung ah!!!!" both Baekhyun and Baek Ah ran to Sunjung and tackled the Princess

"Hahaha, hey! Slow down. I know you both missed me but I still weak guys. Dont be too aggressive" Sunjung chuckled, she felt so warm in the embrace of both Princes

"How you feeling?" Baekhyun asked tenderly. 

Sunjung grabbed both Prince's hands and dragged them sit at the gazebo.

"Im good but damn, I never sleep that much. hahahahaha" Sunjung laughed weakly, she still had no energy

Baekhyun just sighed. 

"Why you did that?" Baekhyun murmured

"Pardon?" Sunjung asked, she looked at Baekhyun who was staring at his hands on the lap then she looked at Baek Ah who currently look at her softly.

"Why you pushed me and make yourself pushed by that boy instead?" Baekhyun said firmly. He tried to contain his anger.

"Baekhyun, it just involuntary action okay? I just freaked out that boy is going to push you into the lake. Im scared" Sunjung held Baekhyun's hand 

"But...you cant swim. You should not have done that" Baekhyun argued

"It's all passed. The thing is, you saved, Im alive. And thank you Baekhyun, for saving me" She held the Prince's hand firmly

Baekhyun in other hand still felt mad. She should not risked her life like that. 

"I..I need to take fresh air for awhile" 

Sunjung sighed and nodded. She slowly released Baekhyun's hand. And watched the boy slowly dissapear. Baekhyun acted differently. He never been this distant and cold to her.

 

"Involuntary action huh?" Baek Ah said in amused

"Yeah" Sunjung nodded

"Do not lie to me Princess. Im not that oblivious" Baek Ah ruffled the Princess's hair

"What do you mean?" Sunjung frowned

"You love him. That's why you did that. You love him, Sunjung" 

Baek Ah's words slapped Sunjung.

"How..." Sunjung murmured

"Everyone could tell Princess but dont worry, no one knows it but me" Baek Ah patted her head

"Please. Dont let Baekhyun know" Sunjung pled

"I dont know since when this feeling developed but I just dont want our friendship ruin. You know what i mean right Baek Ah?"

Baek Ah nodded.

Little did they know, the said Prince is behind them, listen to every words they are conversing. But that is not his first time heard that 'love' from his bestfriend

She loves me? 


Yesterday's scene still played in Baekhyun's mind.

The thought that the Princess who currently lying in front of him was trying to save his life.

Baekhyun went to Min's quarter to pay a visit of his sick bestfriend. Since he bought Sunjung home yesterday, the girl didnt even open her eyes. Bet she is too shocked with the incident.

Baekhyun sighed. Sunjung always like that, she always put someone else before her.

Baekhyun hates it, he hates the fact that the Princess risked her life for him.  Having her life gone because of him is the last time he wants in his life.

He stares at her red face. She is so hot due to fever. 

It's only Baekhyun and Sunjung in the room.

Baekhyun held the girl's right hand tightly. Her hand is so cold.

"Why Sunjung? You should not do that" Baekhyun whispered, he caressed her hair

"I should be the one who protecting you, not otherwise"

Sunjung stirred in her deep rest.

"Hngg..mmmm" She groaned

"Sunjung!" Baekhyun felt relieved, there's a reaction

"Love..." she softly uttered

"What do you want to say Princess?" Baekhyun put his ear close to Sunjung's mouth,

"I....l..love..B..baek..hyun" she uttered the words with so much struggles. Her voice is so unclear and hoarse but Baekhyun confident that his ear didnt deceive him.

He quickly sit straight. Stared her with wide eyes

What does that means? She loves me!

That night was the first time, Sunjung confessed her feeling without her notice infront of her beloved boy.