Lies

Destiny in Parallel Universe

( Goryeo Dynasty)

Image result for korean historical sites

This evening is the same with every other evening that Min Sun Jung spends with another Princes. They will gather and having dinner together, talking about random things, play round together, prank each other- the things that they do since they were kids. 

The ruler of Goryeo, King Jeongjong, the third son of King Taejo; founder of Goryeo Dynasty. He married 12 wives and have almost 20 concubines but being strict he is, only the child of noble women will be granted 'Prince' and ' Princess'.  Min Sun Jun is not a daughter of King Jeongjong, she is a daughter of King's elder sister, Princess Min Seongjong.  Min family is one of the most noble, influential and wealthy family in Goryeo. Min Sun Jung is the only Princess in her family and she has 2 older brothers , Prince Min Sujeong and Prince Min Sukjong which is older 3 and 5 years.

Her friends are the Princes; the King Jeongjong's sons. There are 14 Princes and they are all her cousins. Being the only jewel in the circle, Min Sun Jung become the heart of her friends. She is loved by Goryeo too. She was born and raised as a Princess, her personality and attiques is so Princess kind. She also clever and free spirit. She loves to stroll around Ganghwa ( Goryeo capital city) just to get a close with the commoners. Sometimes, she would buy the children snacks and treats just to make them happy. She is what every men in Goryeo dream of, to make her their wife. Her free spirit personality is not really a liking to her mom, Princess Seongjong but her close friend and also her cousin, Prince Baekhyun is the one who always support her and encourage her to be her real self. To Min family, meeting commoner frequently only will make their family image down. Sometimes, Princess Min and her bestfriend, Prince Baekhyun will sneak out of ther palace just to play at the river and around the village.

Prince Baekhyun is the 10th Prince of Goryeo. He is Princess's Min Sun Jung cousin and also her bestfriend. They were together since Sungjung was born. Sunjung family and Byun family is so close as Sunjung's mother and Baekhyun's mother is closefriend. Baekhyun is 5 years older than her but he is so childish that sometimes Sunjung is the one who needs to take care of him. Baekhyun personality is so carefree, mischievious and pure. He doesnt chase for throne, he basically lives his live. He loves Sunjung so much but that is enough as a cousin and sister. 

"Baekhyun, where did you go last morning?" Min Sun Jung asks while playing with Prince Baek Ah's hair who is currently laying on her lap. 

Baekhyun just scrunches his face when he reminiscing the last morning incident but he doesnt want to tell his bestfriend. It's not a suitable time.

"Ahh, I went to accompany my mom to the port. The stuffs that she ordered from India just reached" Baekhyun lies

"Are you sure Oraboni? You cant lie to me" Sunjung says firmly while observing Baekhyun.

"Tch, yah Baekhyun, you know our Princess can read you easily" Baek Ah snorts. 

Baekhyun tries his best to remain calm, " I am so sure Princess. Why would i lie?" he looks anywhere but Sunjung's eyes.

Sungjung sighs. She knows that Baekhyun hides something from her but she is sure that he has her own reason.

"Okay, i believe you but  just to tell you that, I had to go horse riding alone" Sunjung pouts

"Aigooo, Im so sorry Sunjung. I didnt forgot about that. I go with you every week but today I really need to accompany mom" Baekhyun lies again. Deep inside, he felt so guilty to lie the Princess but he had to.

Sunjung and Baek Ah smile.  Both of them know that the 10th Prince is lying but none of them admitted. Baekhyun always do something for a reason and they will wait until Baekhyun tell them the truth. Baek Ah is Baekhyun's half brother and he is so close with Baekhyun and Sunjung. Matter of fact, Baek Ah and Sunjung are at the same age.

"Kwenchana oraboni. Frankly said, it's quite good riding horse alone. I've got to enjoy the nature alone without hearing your annoying voice" Sunjung tries to contain her laugh looking at Baekyun's mad face.  He is cute , thought the Princess.

"y..yah! You cant deny that you love me singing. When you sick, you only can sleep if I sing you lullaby. And when you cry you only want me...." Baekhyun rants

"Enough Baekhyun enough. Arraseo arraseo! I like your voice okay! No need to expose me to Baek Ah" SunJung jumps on Baekhyun and covered his mouth with her hand. 

Baek Ah can only laugh watching his cousin and brother quarrel. Those bestfriends are always like this. Quarrel everytime but they cant live without each other.