Ch. 1

A Day Away From Us

 

He had a girlfriend.

 

Lin Yanjun was drop dead gorgeous. The way his black fringe fell over his forehead, the way his dimples flashed every time he smiled, the way his eyes glistened with the light. He was perfect.

 

Yet she knew better than to touch him. He was dangerous, even poisonous.

 

He had a girlfriend, and she knew better than to get in between of that.

 

She met him at the supermarket one day. It was odd how they met. It was already late into the night and the cashier told them that they ran out of the coupons they usually handed out after the customers paid. Yanjun, the gentleman he was, offered her to take the last ones the supermarket were giving out, despite the fact that he had paid first.

 

She took them with gratitude. Next thing she knew, her confidence kicked in and she ended up telling him to wait. The young girl found herself buying two pastries, one for her and one for him.

 

He chuckled, not expecting the unusual offer but gladly took it. That night, the two found themselves sitting at a nearby park eating the pastries while getting to know each other.

 

Ever since then, she knew Yanjun as the most kindest human being to have had to exist in this world. The way he showed his passion for everything he loved was truly astonishing. This even meant his girlfriend.

 

He loved her, as if it wasn't obvious enough. Lin Yanjun made sure the whole world knew that he loved her and how much she meant to him. That being said, he told his newly founded friend everything from how they met, to how they started dating, and all of their adventures within the whole two years of dating. He kept going on and on.

 

Yet the young girl found herself intrigued. Maybe it wasn't what he was saying but rather the way he showed his love for her. It almost made the girl eating her pastry in silence want to be loved the same way. Take that back, she knew she wanted to be loved the same way, but whether it was possible or not was an answer yet to be answered.