Where He Wishes for Insanity

The Looking Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 2: Where He Wishes for Insanity

 

Jungkook slammed the bathroom door shut so hard it bounced back off the hinge to reveal her standing there as awkward as ever. She nodded her head sheepishly.

“An Akaname,” she told him again. “Akaname.” As if he hadn’t heard the first three times. She pouted, hands behind her back as she kicked at the floor. “I’m from Japan. Japanese?” she tried, hoping for some kind of reaction.

He understood Korean fine. It was her he didn’t get.

“Momo, come here sweetie,” Chaeyoung comforted. Jungkook flinched, not hearing her open the door. “It’s okay. He’s just a human. Even us super natural’s don’t always know what an Akaname is.”

Momo carefully brushed passed him taking care not to touch him. She leaned her head on Chaeyoung’s shoulder. The girl began to run her hands through Momo’s hair in comforting motions.

“What is an Akaname?” he asked, tongue feeling awkward and heavy.

“A Japanese spirit.”

“Why is she the….” He trailed off, unable to finish his sentence without feeling the need to barf.

Chaeyoung glared. “Mr. Human you shouldn’t judge! That’s what Akaname’s do. They filth off bathroom walls.”

Momo pulled her head back up, hair mused. “Food!” she insisted. “It’s not filth.”

“Of course, sweetie. It’s your food,” she said like a mama hen.

Jungkook gave up on things make sense, fidgeting with the door.

“What are you doing?”

“Testing.”

“Testing what?”

He tiled his head to the left, then to the right feeling a satisfying crack which had both girls wincing. “To see if this is heavy enough to knock me out.”

He was done with drug paradise. Even if that meant accepting Namjoon and Ara’s wedding he was ready to leave. As he went to slam his head against the door both girls grabbed him making them all stumble to the ground in a heap.

“Are you insane?” Chaeyoung bursts.

“I’ve been told that more than once.”

Momo pointed at him with a confused expression as if to ask what was wrong with him.

“I don’t know!” he said, unable to take it any longer. “Ara is getting married. I fell through solid grass, and if that’s not enough some girl with knife ears and another chick that sh*t off walls are following me around!”

“How dare you call me that!” Chaeyoung burst, appearing truly offended. “You, you, useless human!”

“Knife ears is a derogatory term,” Momo said helpfully.

Great. Now the invisible people were capable of getting offended by made up words too.

“Accept reality mortal!” Momo said in a whisper-yell, standing in a fighting stance and attempting to appear firm but really looking like a stray puppy.

“Momo?” Chaeyoung said, appearing to calm down.

“Yeah?”

“Stop playing video games.”

Her shoulders slumped and she went back to leaning her head on Chaeyoung dejectedly.

“What is going on here?”

A clueless guy with sandy brown hair and deer eyes was peering into the bathroom, brows mused as he attempted to make sense of the situation.

Good luck. Jungkook had been attempting to do the same for the past half hour.

“Luhan! Thank goodness your back! It’s a human! I was sitting down studying the map Dahyun drew, minding my business right? And some idiot comes flying through the ceiling.” She jumped up and slammed her feet back down as if to enforce this idea. “And, and, and, he kept talking and about some girl named Irene, they’re not dating by the way, and drugs and another girl named Ara and…”

Jungkook stopped listening. She was talking too fast, and Jungkook already had a headache. Luhan appeared to be keeping up though, nodding every so often. Jungkook wondered why the dude was walking around without a shirt. Not that he didn’t look good, but conceited much? It reminded Jungkook of himself in high school. Jungkook liked to think he was a full, actualized man now.

Irene would beg to differ.

“Alright,” Luhan interrupted when he had enough. “We’re supposed to follow procedure when a human falls through.”

“Procedure?” Jungkook repeated, not feeling too good about those words. His mind raced with things they would do to him, ranging from killing him to erasing his memory.

Maybe they experimented on humans.

“Well it’s been nice knowing you guys, but I have to go!” Jungook announced, voice a little shrill.

“Not so fast.” Luhan’s hand clenched down on his shoulder and with that motion alone Jungkook knew he was screwed fifty shades sideways. They may have similar body types, but Jungkook’s strength was definitely not equal to his. Something about this math equation was not adding up. “You have to go through our Guidance Program first.”

“Don’t worry!” Jungkook stressed, fingers twitching. “I’ve been all guided out. Been guided to the guide of the guide and he says the guide is all good!”

“He hasn’t.” Momo interjected, pointing at him moodily.

“He’s lying,” Chaeyoung backed up, hands folded against her chest.

Luhan let out a sigh, rubbing his forehead. “Kinda figured. What is your name?”

“Jung-“ he choked, figuring he shouldn’t say his real name, “… grawp?”

“Jung… grawp?”

“Yes?”

“Is that even a real name?”

“My parents were unique souls.” That was one way to put having a rich, alcoholic father and a bible thumping mother.

“I somehow think you are too. It’s no matter Jung-“ he broke off in a spot on impression of Jungkook as he stuttered and attempted to hide his real name. “Grawp!” he finished.

Despite his circumstances Jungkook had to fight back a chuckle, coughing into his sleeve discreetly. The girls had no such qualms.

“Jungrawp,” Momo bleated.

“His name is Jungrawp!” Chaeyoung snorted.

“Yes, yes, and Grawp for short,” Luhan announced, steering them out of the bathroom.

“Grawp!” they both tittered.

“Wait,” Chaeyoung shouted, racing over to the piece of paper in her hands and clutching it in her fists as she walked back over.

“What map did Dahyun draw this time?” Luhan asked.

Chaeyoung grinned. “A map of where the first monkey ever to be created died.”

Jungkook stared. And then he stared some more. This drug stuff was lethal.

Luhan hummed, distracted as he steered them through the tunnels. “I bet the bones are worth a lot.”

“No,” Chaeyoung sighed, flipping it around. “This is the map of the place where the bones of a monkey disintegrated to ash for the first time. Dust. Dirt. Whatever emulsified bones are called.”

“The maps looks pretty similar.”

“Yep!”

“They’re twins,” Momo whispered about the drawings as she stared at the picture, a little too intensely for Jungkook to feel okay about.

“No, there’s a river here now, and a few houses and the forest is mostly gone and…”

Jungkook was beginning to realize he was going to be doing a lot of blocking Chaeyoung out. She didn’t make sense half the time anyways.

“When do I wake up?” he moaned.

Luhan’s brow rose, watching Jungkook as he had another miniature break down. “He’s not doing too well, is he?”

“He tried to slam his head in the door!” Momo said proudly, always willing to help.

Luhan winced, eying him carefully. “We’ll just keep an eye on him. Every now and then a human goes nuts when they learn about us.”

“I was already insane,” Jungkook insisted, some reason feeling as if this made all the difference.

“Were you, Jungrawp?”

The girls burst into giggles again and Jungkook sighed, giving up. If he learned anything from this experience it was that drugs were bad for people. Particularly him. All of this was a little too interactive for his taste.

His eyes widened as they pulled out of the tunnels and a whole underground city was revealed. The walls glowed a reddish-orange, lighting the streets and buildings. From here he could see a lake with something large slithering in it. Before he could take in more Luhan nudged him into a room, closing the door behind him. A man was resting at the front of the class, a pointer stick in his hand as he slept. At least, he looked like a man. Jungkook wasn’t sure. If Chaeyoung could hide her ears who knew what was possible. He could have tentacles at this point and Jungkook would never know.

Luhan cleared his throat, starling the man awake. He cleared his throat, blinking the sleep out of his eyes as he took them in.

“We have a new student.” Luhan announced.

“Wait,” Jungkook whispered. “School? I think you’ve got this all wrong. I’m a mechanic. I dropped out of college because I hated it so much. I don’t do school.”

“You do today.”

“Wonderful,” the man announced as if he didn't realize the two were arguing. “Just fill out that name tag and we can begin the lesson.”

Luhan dragged him over to a table, Momo leaning on Chaeyoung as they watched from the door. He picked up a marke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter