Two

Anthem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2

"I will protect you"

 

Yoona sat in-front of her white dressing table, preparing for her work. She looked at herself against the mirror. Her long brown hair flows down and off of her shoulders almost reaching her waist. She stared deeply at the reflection of her own soft chocolate brown doe eyes, she noticed the darkening of the circles under her eye. She smiled at her reflection, encouraging her day.

 

She stood up and fixing her white silk blouse. She went to the window and tried to pull the curtain so she could see outside. Outside, the wind was sighing and thrashing in the treetops and the boughs moaned. The morning seems to be cold as the sun was hiding behind the marching clouds giving a sign it's going to be rain soon.

 

Yoona sighed - Not that she hates rain, she used to love rain lot but not anymore since the rain had given her bad memories as she witnessed the horrific moment of the fatal accident that killed both of her parents happened at night during the rain.

 

Just then, her gaze darted towards the door as a knock sounded.

 

“Yoona noona” the door opened slowly and Yoona’s lips curved as she saw the figures behind the half-open door. A young teenage boy popped his head behind the door smiling sheepishly at his dearly older sister. “Yoona noona” Im Jeno called his sister again and walked inside the room approaching straight toward his sister. His sister's eyes looked so tired and sad - Jeno doesn’t like it.

 

He ruffles her older sister's hair softly and sat beside her. "Noona looks so tired," he said worriedly, pointing at Yoona's eye bag and dark circle around her eyes. "Noona should rest" he continued with his right hand massaging Yoona's left shoulder.

 

Indeed, Yoona must admit, she has overworked, owning a cafe was never easy.

 

“If noona wants to talk over something, Jeno will always be here and listen to you.”

 

Jeno’s finger moved gently - lighten the burden of her shoulder bit by bit. Yoona’s heart was touched by Jeno’s words. Sometimes Yoona wondered, his little brother just eighteen yet he is so understanding and matured so fast

 

“Gomawo~,” she said, closing her eyes pleasantly with her sweet brother’s magic massage on her shoulder. “Jeno ah~” Yoona took a deep breath, pulling her brother hand softly making the younger stopped his massage. He stared deep inside his sister tired doe eyes.

 

“Noona,” he called his lips formed into a thin line as he noticed her sister’s dark circled has darkened.  

 

Yoona pondered for a moment, trying to form sentences. She can’t imagine, what will happened if there’s no Jeno in her life. “What should I do without you?” She buried her face in her brother’s shoulder and the younger rested his head on her. Indeed, what can she do without her little brother? Perhaps, without Jeno, her life has no meaning at all.

 

Jeno silenced himself, he held her hand as tight as he could as she could go in the next second. His other hands gently smoothed her hair and tucking a strand behind her ear. He looked down at Yoona's tired face and rested his head on her.

 

Unlike other siblings, Jeno and Yoona didn't mind being sweet with each other. Jeno wouldn't mind holding his sister's hand in public, he wouldn't be embarrassed hugging her or kissing her cheeks. He wouldn't felt awkward saying sweet words such as "I Love You", "I Miss You" to her. Until people might think that they are a couple. Because they are closed, too closed enough.

 

For Jeno, he loves his sister dearly, being the only family member he has - He would be mad if someone hurts his sister, he would cry if his sister sad, he would protect his sister whenever she scared and he would accompany her whenever she felt lonely. He would do everything to make his Yoona noona happy.

 

Eleven years have passed since angel took away their parents, he was 9 and Yoona was sixteen. After their parents' departure, Jeno was forced to be put in the orphanage - But Yoona fought a lot, she used their late parent's inheritances, working two jobs every day while balancing with her education, finding a lawyer so she could fight for Jen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter