One

Anthem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1

The sound of siren pierced the dark stormy night sky.

The rain poured down over the city with a roar, together with the sound of the gregarious boom of thunder coming along with the flashed of lighting.

People were running around, toward the bloody scene of the overturned vehicle, the glass littered around the car and some was smeared with blood. Besides the car, a little girl stood weakly before dropped to her knees, ignoring the pain laced all over her body, she crawled near a figures, covered with blood, lying lifelessly without a soul under the vehicles.

“Umma! Appa!”.

Everything was a blur in her eyes, rain and tears mingle on her face, salty tracks blending into the fresh sky-fallen trickles. Her one bloody hand cupped the cold face of her mother while her other small hand shook the next body of a man besides once, twice, thrice, and only to realize that the couple was no longer moving

“Umma appa please don’t”

She begged as the tears poured down to her, mixing with the rain that soaked her down to the bone. Her little handheld her parent's arm, shaking it and refuse to let it go. And it seemed like forever until the paramedics pulled and carrying her away to the ambulance, as she had screamed her parents' name for one last time.

 

“UMMA APPA!”

 

Yoona awoke with a scream stuck in . She coughed and gagged as the tears streaming down from her eyes and sat fully, resting her back against the bed frame. She bought her hands to her face and buried it deep inside her palms – Her skin had goosebumps and she was breaking into the cold sweat – as if once again the cold icy rain has fallen towards her.

 

She shook her head when the memory and urge to haunting her again, her index finger flicked the table lamp on and the first Yoona noticed is the time had shown 5.40 am, the second thing Yoona noticed is the picture frame of her parents on the table beside her bed.

 

But then it wasn’t shock, every morning Yoona woke up looking at the picture; and all thought of wondering came back toward her like a waterfall. In a little less than 16 hours, it will be the 9th anniversary of the car crash. Little less than 16 hours the time of her mom's souls were taken, a little less than 8 hours that the doctor announced the time of her father's live has stopped.

 

It was actually at the hospital where Yoona’s world was no longer in color. When all the hope Yoona built for the doctor to save her parents – yet the news was opposite for what she has hoped for. The doctor announced that her mom died shortly after the car crash while her father's heart-breaking news come after 8 hours of emergency brain surgery. The image of her 9 years old little brother flashed in her head, oh his little brother, how can she provide for him. 

It was all her fault

And it had been her fault; if Yoona had called her parents earlier to pick her up from her piano class, her dad wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter