...he's easy to drag along

Changkyun is so small that...

Minhyuk is no doubt the moodmaker of Monsta X and he has a lot of creative ideas, but sadly he would be lying if he said s are always willing to go along with them. Sometimes they follow his instructions and join his mischievous actions, but as soon as a little bit of effort is required, Minhyuk is on his own.

It would be one thing if they just refused to participate in anything that can get them into trouble, but lately they have been saying no to anything and everything, no matter the intention or goal.

By now, Minhyuk has stopped asking Kihyun completely, since he is too uptight anyway. Hyunwoo is usually busy, which is to be expected, considering he is their leader, and Hoseok rather goes to the gym than he spends time with Minhyuk.

Jooheon is usually a good partner in crime, which is why Minhyuk asks him first when he gets a brilliant idea during dinner one evening. It’s one of the best he’s had in a while and he knows the fans will love it, but he doesn’t want to do it on his own since he is a very social person.

“Jooheon-ah,” he sweetly calls when he is done clearing the table, approaching the rapper who is lazing around on their armchair. “My dearest Jooheon-ah, would you join me on a short trip to the mall?”

“Hyung,” Jooheon just whines, “stop bothering me. It’s too late already.”

“Wait, you didn’t hear me out yet! I’m gonna buy a box of tiny LEGO pieces and build a house. And guess who it’s for! For our monbebes! I’m gonna do it on vlive!”

“Go away, hyung, I’m not up for your ideas right now.”

Jooheon waves his hand around like he is trying to swat at a fly and Minhyuk leaves with a pout. He tries to ask Hoseok and Hyungwon, too, even Hyunwoo, but none of them seem interested. Knowing if he talked to Kihyun the other would not only refuse but make sure Minhyuk stayed home, too, he skips his same-aged friend and goes straight for the last room he didn’t check, which is where his final target must be hiding.

Right now, Minhyuk is absolutely determined to put his plan into action and if no one wants to help, he’ll just take someone against their will. And, really, who is easier to drag along than their lovely maknae?

Changkyun is conveniently small and not very buff, so Minhyuk won’t have trouble pulling him out of his room one way or another. Also, while the maknae has definitely learned to be honest with his hyungs and say his opinion by now, it usually doesn’t take much force to persuade him to join.

“We’re going out, Changkyun-ah,” Minhyuk announces loudly as he marches into the bedroom he shares with the two rappers of the group. “Hurry, get your shoes! Also, don’t wash your makeup off just yet, we’re hosting a vlive later!”

“What are you- Hyung!” Changkyun exclaims when Minhyuk grabs his wrist and drags him onto his feet. “I was just watching a movie, hyung!”

“Aishh, our maknae should be more social!” Minhyuk happily replies as he proceeds to lead a confused Changkyun into the hallway. “Watching movies all alone like that can’t be good for your health.”

“It was the new one of D.O-sunbaenim,” Changkyun quietly explains. “I’ve been wanting to watch it for weeks.”

“Let’s watch it later then! We don’t have schedules tomorrow so we’re good. Here, why aren’t your wearing your shoes yet? Wait, let me put them on you- Look, there we go, put on your coat! Great, now we can go!”

Before Changkyun even knows what is happening, Minhyuk has pulled him out of their dorm and down the stairs. Even before he knew who would be joining him, the moodmaker had been smart enough to call a driver, which is why a car is now waiting for them in front of the building.

As he climbs into the vehicle, Changkyun attempts to ask Minhyuk about his plans again, but the elder just smiles.

“You’ll like it, Kyunnie, I promise.”

Twenty-five minutes later they find themselves in a huge shop for children’s toys, amidst thousands of dolls, plushies, toy cars, books and games. There is so much to see that the two idols are distracted from their original tasks and start to wander down the aisles, pulling out a plushy here and there or pointing out the brightest toys to each other.

“This was paradise fifteen years ago,” Minhyuk sighs as he remembers the few times his mum took him to such a huge toystore as a child. “I always laughed it here.”

“You should see the shops in the US,” Changkyun tells his hyung with a smile.

He has seemingly forgotten the way Minhyuk dragged him out of his room and away from his precious D.O-sunbaenim and his now staring in awe at the children’s drawing supplies in front of them.

“I could spend a whole day here,” Minhyuk decides, “but for now we have a mission. Let’s go find some LEGOs!”

“Why LEGOs, hyung?” Changkyun curiously asks as he is dragged along forcefully again. “What are we doing.”

“We,” Minhyuk lowers his voice mysteriously, glancing around, “are gonna build a house. A house for our Monbebes.”

“Monbebe mansion!”

Changkyun’s scream comes without a warning and Minhyuk jumps, but a smile appears on his face when he sees how excited the maknae is. Finally, he has found someone who likes his brilliant ideas as much as he does!

If Changkyun wasn’t so easy to drag along because of his small height, though…

With the help of the maknae, Minhyuk ends his day contentedly, having built a LEGO house which the fans absolutely seemed to love. He is very grateful for that, which is why he spends half of their broadcast draped over Changkyun’s back and whispering praises into his ear that make his ears turn red.

He only stops when the maknae complains he’s crushing him, because it makes sense.

“Yah, maknae!” Minhyuk calls out as he places another LEGO piece on the wall. “Maybe I’m not too heavy, but you’re simply too small…”

(Changkyun hits him for that.)

_______________________________

wahhhh, it is done. this was just a smol project, but i'm still grateful for every person who subscribed. also, to the reader who commented: thank you, you're awesome! i hope i'll be able to post my other fics on here soon, when i can finally motivate my lazy .