...he's easy to pick on

Changkyun is so small that...

Jooheon isn’t a mean person. Actually, he’s quite the opposite – he likes making people smile, no matter whether it is one of their fans, one of his hyungs or his only dongsaeng. For the sake of their happiness, Jooheon will happily perform minor tasks, some silly like showing them aegyo and some caring like telling them to dress warmly in winter.

However, if you live together with 6 other barely mature guys, you can’t avoid a bit of playful teasing, and Jooheon finds himself becoming a victim of that quite often. That, of course, means he has the right to make fun of his groupmates, too, and he does whenever he has the chance too, since he doesn’t want to seem like the only victim in the group.

It’s easiest to pick on the group’s maknae, Changkyun. Given their history and the fact that they all ignored the poor boy for weeks before finally letting him become a part of the group, Jooheon probably shouldn’t make fun of him, but he has found the perfect thing to tease Changkyun about.

It can’t be something he’s insecure about – the scars on his cheeks are a no-go for example and so is his quiet, subdued image. However, there’s another thing Changkyun doesn’t really seem to mind about himself, and that is his height.

Jooheon will mention it whenever one of his groupmates has gotten in a critical hit – telling everyone how much of a scaredy-cat he is for example.

“…I often go shopping with our resident shorty maknae,” he will say. “But he’s too short to reach most of the important stuff. It’s like going shopping with a child – no wonder they put candies on the top shelves.”

“Hyung~” Changkyun sometimes whines while dragging out the syllables, if he is in a particularly good mood. “Stop being so mean!”

His voice, though deep, reminds Jooheon of aegyo, which Changkyun naturally seems to have an infinite amount of. The elder reaches over to mess with the maknae’s hair, which is easy, since he is even small while sitting down.

“Don’t be mad, Changkyun-ah, I’m just entertaining Monbebes. They want to hear a good story every once in a while, can you blame them?”

He turns to the host of their interview, smiling brightly.

“Just two weeks ago we were in China and went shopping in the supermarket next to our hotel. And well, our Chinese isn’t all that great but it’s alright and our little maknae is quite good at picking up languages, so there shouldn’t be a problem.

“So we went there to buy basic stuff like lotion for our hair and moisturizer, and our manager allowed us to get a snack each. I wanted chips and went to get some, but then I realized Changkyun-ah was taking a long time.

“I ended up waiting for half an hour until he came to me, with a pout. And when I asked him about his snacks he got all embarrassed and said they didn’t have any. You know what I later found out? They had his favorite American candies but they were up too high for him to reach and he was too awkward to ask the supermarket staff to get them for him.”

There’s a collective round of ‘ooh’s and even a few coos being heard as Changkyun ducks his head, desperately trying to hide his blush.

Jooheon almost starts giggling like a lovesick high-schooler at his reaction – their maknae is just so adorable! He knows this is meant to be a teasing session, but it always ends up with him being head-over-heels for the rapper’s cuteness.

The way one of his (small-sized) hands comes up to rub at his cheeks and cover the side of his face as he laughs awkwardly is just too much for Jooheon to take. Making Changkyun blush is his favorite thing ever, even if that means he’ll get all the more compliments after his teasing.

“Aigoo, our maknae is just so cute,” Kihyun joins in, obviously enarmored too, and Jooheon has to bite back a comment on how this hyung shouldn’t be talking about height.

But he stays quiet – Kihyun will murder him if he says anything and besides, the height-teasing is reserved for Changkyun now. He doesn’t actually mind his height and sometimes Jooheon suspects he actually enjoys being doted on because of it a little – which makes him even more charming.

“We’re lucky to have a maknae like Changkyun-ah,” Jooheon closes the segment, “he’s really short, but for some reason that means there’s even more cuteness stowed away in his tiny body. Sometimes I get jealous and that says a lot, considering I’m the king of all aegyo…”