...you can rest your chin on top of his head

Changkyun is so small that...

Hyungwon has lots of moods – sometimes he’s angry, sometimes he’s savage, sometimes he’s affectionate, but most frequently, he’s sleepy. It has been like that ever since he can remember. Even as a kid, he liked to take long naps when others would beg their mums to let them go out and play in the sun.

That behavior stuck with him during his trainee days and even now that he is a more or less successful idol as a member of the boygroup Monsta X, nothing much has changed.

Hyungwon is well aware that most of s think of his sleepiness as a nuisance, but he can’t bring himself to care. Once he’s awake, once it counts, he works very diligently, so what is wrong with getting some more rest?

There are times when it gets bad, though. They have busy schedules where they run on maximum two hours of sleep per night for weeks and Hyungwon, who is used to resting more, feels it weigh him down.

In times like these he is sleepy during performances even; in interviews it takes all of his strength to keep his eyes open and as soon as he sits in a car, he’s out cold. The others hate dealing with that and Hyungwon understands.

For a while he is very distraught by his problem, but then he discovers something amazing. It has something to do with their maknae, Changkyun, who is over half a head shorter than Hyungwon when they both take of their shoes.

One time, Hyungwon is incredibly sleepy but he knows he has to be awake for their Vlive-broadcast that starts in a few minutes - though he can’t imagine succeeding right now. His limbs feel heavy, like Hoseok has attached some of his stupid dumbbells to them, and Hyungwon knows he needs to move, but he can’t somehow.

That is until Changkyun walks by the couch Hyungwon is sitting on and before the visual knows it his hand has shot forward and grasped the maknae’s wrist. He’s surprised at how much strength he still has left when he pulls the rapper back towards him until he stumbles and crashed into Hyungwon, or rather into his lap.

Changkyun immediately moves to get away from his hyung, probably in an attempt not to annoy him, but Hyungwon is quick to wrap his arms around the boy’s waist. Despite his lanky figure, he is quite strong and definitely stronger than their maknae who can’t even do more than two pull-ups.

Changkyun lets out a little whine when his back is pressed against Hyungwon’s chest, but the elder just grumbles and that shuts him up. Even months after their group was created, Changkyun would still do anything to please his hyungs. He has confessed to them before that he is always afraid of annoying them even when they aren’t irritated at all.

His insecurity shows again right now, but that only makes Hyungwon hold on harder – firstly because the maknae is warm and comfortable and secondly because he wants to prove him he’s not annoyed.

However, Hyungwon is still incredibly exhausted and soon after pulling the maknae into his lap, he finds it hard to hold his head upright. He tries his hardest to keep sitting straight, but at some point he can’t do it anymore and his chin drops.

That is when Hyungwon discovers Changkyun is perfect. His small height fits Hyungwon’s perfectly as the elder’s chin rests on the maknae’s head. They match like two puzzle pieces, Hyungwon thinks, as he stares ahead.

Sitting with his chin resting on Changkyun is much more comfortable. Finally Hyungwon can concentrate on keeping his eyes open instead of forcing the aching muscles of his neck to hold out just for a little longer.

During the broadcast, Hyungwon keeps sitting in the same position and he makes sure Changkyun does, too. At first the maknae is a little unwilling, but he quickly complies when Hyungwon squeezes his side gratefully.

After the broadcast they are finally allowed to go home and Hyungwon is about ready to crash, but something is keeping him awake. He doesn’t know why he can’t go to sleep when he almost passed out from exhaustion earlier, but when he hears the door of the bathroom fall shut he knows what he has to do.

Wrapped up in his blanket, Hyungwon wanders out of his room and towards the living room where he expects his target to be. Of course he is right – Changkyun agreed to shower last, as always, and now he is rubbing his hair dry on the couch while watching TV.

He doesn’t notice Hyungwon until the other is in reach, which is why he jumps when long, slender arms sneak around his shoulders, yet when his hyung climbs over the backrest and forcefully pulls him to lie down, he doesn’t fight back much.

He must be sleepy too, Hyungwon realizes as he holds the maknae close to his chest again.

The realization makes him feel a little bad – why was he constantly whining about how tired he was and barely able to stay awake when everyone else was just as exhausted? – and he calls Changkyun’s name quietly.

“Yeah, hyung,” comes the sleepy whisper back and Hyungwon chuckles into the maknae’s slightly wet hair.

“You’re perfect, you know that,” he mumbles, voice almost as low as Changkyun’s because he is so tired.

“Why?”

“Your height. It fits mine perfectly. Resting my chin on your head is comfortable…”

“I’m glad you like it, Wonnie-hyung,” Changkyun says and Hyungwon smiles.

“Thanks, Kyunnie, I’m really grateful for you.”

And he is.