coffee's hot you know

tell me with your eyes (the truth untold) | min yoongi

Eunjae was not the type to be late. Ever. She didn't with time zones but apparently they ed with her. The jet lag was bad, bags under eyes heavier than her wallet.

Running her hands through her hair out of frustration, she chucked on her clothes and left the house, running for the bus she was bound to be late for. 

The little bell attached on the top of the glass door jingled as she pushed it open, a little out of breath. It was empty but the smell of strong coffee brewing was evident. 

"Hello?"

The cafe was small yet cozy, little wooden tables and comfy looking chairs spread evenly amongst the room, soft jazz music coming from the black speakers. She looked around, peeking behind the counter to find no one there.

"It's Hae Eunjae, i'm new here? I'm sorry i'm late, i only just flew here the day before yesterday and i'm still getting used to the time zo-"

A soft laughter came from the kitchen and a woman in her fifties walked out, wiping her hands on her spotted apron. She had kind eyes, that was the first thing Eunjae noticed about the woman.

"It's quite alright dear, there is no one here yet anyway. It's nice to finally meet you, i'm Park Jiyoung. Your coworkers are in the back, let me introduce you to them." grabbing Eunjae's wrist lightly, she took her into the staff room where she was met with two other people dressed in identical aprons. 

There was a girl about her height, her age. She had soft eyes and and brown hair that curled at the tips. To put simply, she was pretty.

Meeting the girls curious stare, Eunjae stretched her arm out for a hand shake, introducing herself.

"Hello, i'm Eunjae. I'm starting here today" she smiled.

The girl was quick to shake her hand, shooting Eunjae a box shaped grin.

"Hi Eunjae! I'm Mina! I'm so glad to meet you, wow you're like super pretty! How is your skin so clear? Do you use Creme De la Mer or something? I can't afford things like that, obviously, I mean, i'm working here so. Maybe you can-"

"Mina, settle down. Eunjaes got a whole day ahead of her and she's probably already tired." the store owner said sternly, but a small smile playing on her lips. 

Eunjae gave Mina a fond smile, "we can talk more in our break okay?"

Minas eyes widened, nodding her head and giving a cute thumbs up. Eunjae turned to the boy on her right to find him already grinning at her.

"As you can probably tell, Minas a handful." he said, smiling down at the girl, messing up her hair which earned him a soft slap. Letting out a short burst of laughter, the guy turned his attention towards Eunjae again.

"I'm Baekhyun. It's good to have an extra pair of hands around here" he winked, leaving Eunjae a little starstruck. 

Eunjae nodded shyly, faint pink coloring her cheeks. Baekhyuns grin grew wider as he saw the affect he had on the new girl.   

"Alright, let's get to work now. Mina, can you show Eunjae how to make the basics and how to work the till please? And Baekhyun, go give the tables a wipe. Then you can go charm the pants off the customers when they arrive" Jiyoung told them in a teasing tone, leaving the room.

"I like the sound of that boss!" Baekhyun yelled back at the retreating figure, leaving the room himself. 

Mina ushered Eunjae back to the counters where the coffee machines were. Grabbing the milk frothing jug, the former showed the latter where things were, how to operate the till and how to make simple coffees. 

By noon, Eunjae was chatting to customers while making their coffees, and asking them to come back soon when they left. She smiled in satisfaction, looking at the customers chatting away.

The little bell clinked, and in came a man with pink bubblegum hair. Clueless to the person watching her, she continued to make the perfect cappuccino. 

Voila, and that is what you call art.

Setting aside the coffee, she reached for the jug, forgetting how much she had just heated up milk as the customer requested for it to be extra hot. Flinching from the boiling surface, she cursed, immediately nursing the bright pink finger. 

"Coffee's hot you know" a voice came from in front of her. She looked up to see a boy, maybe around her age with fluffy pink hair. Small smile plastered on his face, he looked at the injured finger, now cradled in her arms.

Head down from embarrassment, "it's milk." she replied, not knowing what to say.

The cotton candy-haired boy chuckled, lifting his arms up in surrender. 

"Oh i'm sorry, right of course. It's milk."

Eunjae pouted at his reply, embarrassed enough for looking unprofessional at her job. 

"Are you ready to order sir?" she said, giving the boy a look. 

The boys eyes narrowed, tilting his head to the side like a puppy, "are you new? I've never seen you here before."

Just as Eunjae was about to answer, Jiyoung walked out, greeting the boy.

"Jimin dear, how are you? We've all missed you, where did you go this time?" Jiyoung said, holding Jimins hands in her own.

So that's his name. They're quite close it seems. Who is he to Jiyoung ajumma? A relative?

"Oh you know, here and there. This time it was Switzerland, it was quite warm too. The trees blossomed and the meadows turned green, it was great imo, you would have loved it."

Jiyoung patted Jimins cheek fondly and turned to Eunjae. 

"Jimin, this is Eunjae, the newest addition to the crew. Eunjae, this is Jimin, my nephew."

Eunjae bowed lightly, Jimin doing the same.

"Hello Jimin. It's nice to meet you" she said awkwardly.

"It's nice to meet you too, Eunjae" Jimin said with an innocent look, but Eunjae knew from the look in his eyes, that there was nothing innocent about him. Besides his delicious looking hair.

Jimin turned back to Jiyoung slowly peeling his eyes away from Eunjae. 

"Alright imo, I have to go pick up some things from school. I only came to get the usual and say hi"

Nodding, the cafe owner brushed some flour off her apron. 

"Speaking of school, which school are you going to Eunjae?" the kind woman asked.

"Ah, I think it was called Anpanman High?"

"Oh! Perfect! Jimin also goes to that school, i'm sure he will be more than willing to show you around, right Jimin?"

"Definitely" he smirked.

Dangerous. Whatever was going on right now, and whatever would happen, was dangerous. Everything about Jimin screamed dangerous. The glint in his eyes told me everything.

Red lights were flashing internally in Eunjaes head. Jimin was the kind of boy that her mother warned her about when going to a highly prestigious school. Something told her that Jiyoung did not know about the other side of her precious nephew. 

Eunjae couldn't do anything but nod, and plaster a small smile on her face.

"Great." Jiyoung clapped. "Now that you guys are friends, make sure to look after her Jimin. I know pretty little things like her could get attacked right away by those hormonal good for nothing teenage boys."

Oh the irony. 

The two of them both kept their eyes on the cafe owner, until she sauntered away into the kitchen, humming a little tune. Bringing her attention back to Jimin, Eunjae stared up at him with a bored expression. 

"What's with the face, doll?"

"Don't. Don't call me that."

"Why not, doll? It suits you."

"What do you want to order Jimin?" she sighed.

He raised one of his eyebrows, "informal, aren't we."

Plastering a fake smile, "but we're friends now Jimin" she said sweetly. "Now. What do you want to order?"

The sweet smile left as quickly as it came.

He looked at her for a while, as if he was trying to figure her out.

Finally he stood up straight and smiled.

"Caramel macchiato."

 

 

a/n: vote if u understood the reference for the last part 

how was that for a first chapter? its past 12am and im so dead so pls, send help

also i literally know nothing about honorifics and stuff so pls correct me if im wrong

good night (ノ ̄0 ̄)ノ