One

Different

 

 

 

One

-----------------------------------------

 

 

Taeyong stirred in his sleep as he felt his neck hurting. He sit back up, clearly dazed, looking at his surroundings. Right. He slept at his home office, again. Work was the only thing that could tire him enough to eventually fell asleep. He rubbed the sleep away from his eyes as he searched around for his glasses with his other hand, occasionally knocking a few documents on top of his desk. A soft knock on the door finally waking him up completely from his trance. A hoarsed sound of approval sent the person on the other side of the door to came in. It was his secretary, Doyoung. He seemed to pick up the habit of his boss immediately as he always checked the office first thing in the morning.

 

"Good morning, Sir. Having trouble sleeping again?" He walked to the table with a cup of coffe then putting it neatly on top of it.

"Morning. What's my schedule for today?" 

 

By the time Doyoung finished his briefing, Taeyong was also done with his drink. Apparently he had a few meeting with some investors for the day. Then he proceed to his morning routine before leaving to work. The day started well, but there's an unsetling feeling at the pit of his stomach that warns him about something. He just couldn't pin point what. As he arrived to the building, he pushed those feelings away. Easily immersed with work and such. Near lunch time it all came crashing down.

 

"... thank you for your time, Sir. I look forward to hearing from you soon." Taeyong rose from his seat and offered his hand towards the man infront of him. He gave one last smile before leaving the table followed by a troubled looking Doyoung behind him.

"Excuse me Sir, Chairman Lee just called me to clear your schedule for the day." He said hesitantly.

"And you did?" He halted and turned to faced the cowering secretary.

"I'm sorry, Sir." Taeyong sighed, he turned to walk again.

"It's alright. It's not your fault. But inform me first before you cancel all my schedule."

"Yes, Sir."

"So where do I go?"

"Chairman Lee expect you by the mansion, Sir."

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

The mansion, his supposed to be home, just by the thoughts of it made him tense all over. He has been quiet all the way to the place, he was busy picking at his nails with his mind wondering what does he possibly done wrong this time that the old man had to call him to the mansion. He arrived to the place without him knowing, the ride seem to be brisker for he was so nervous. He took a long breath before finally pulling himself out of the vehicle. A few staff bowed to him as he walked pass them to the main entrance. Chattering noise could be heard as he walked pass the living room. He stopped on his track, he didn't expect to have another party apart from his father.

"Chairman Lee is waiting for you at the dinning table, Sir." The head maid said, escorting him to the room.

"Aah my son, finally. Come, come!" The man said with such a fatherly tone he knew too well was fake. He walked there with stiff steps and a stoic face, bowing a little to his father's guest he suppose. A neatly dressed man around his father's age, a smiling woman he guessed to be the man's wife and a fine looking young man he supposed to be a few years older than him. Probably just a bussiness dinner kind of thing, but then again why would his father asked for him so abruptly and moreover it takes place at the mansion. No bussiness dinner had ever taken place here.

The dinner had begun smoothly with his father introducing him to the party. He would nod and left a small smile here and there, occasionally answers when he was asked. The usual. Playing the prim and proper son. The table turned quiet as they digged in the food served by the maids, but Taeyong seemed to lost his appetite. He would only played with his utensils, moving the pieces of food around the plate and occasionally took a sip to his glass of water. This goes by unnoticed by the rest of the party but not to the fine young man seating just across of him. 

"So Taeyong-ah we had something to tell you, we've been planning this since forever." The wife said with such excitement in her voice. It got him looking up from his uninteresting plate of food.

"We're marrying you to our son Jaehyun." The sparkle in her eyes could compare to a bunch of fireworks.

 

 

 

Taeyong choked on air.