Christmas.

Eunxiao Oneshots

Chengxiao parks her scooter infront the Son's house. This call was last minute but she knew why.

She turns off the the engine and makes her way to the gate entrance. Before she could ring the doorbell, shouting from a man was heard.

"...done with you, don't expect me to come back!" The deep voice shouted, as steps approached the gate. Chengxiao steps out of the way of the gate's door as it is swung open by Mr. Son, anger clear on his face. He glares at her for a second and proceeds to stomp towards his black Mercedes. 

Chengxiao watches his slam the car door shut and zoom off to, what she was guessing, a nightclub or bar. She sighs, expecting a crying woman inside the house. 

She enters the gate and closes the door behind her. The front door of the house was already left ajar and she let herself in, looking around the living room. Her guess was right as her gaze stops onto Mrs. Son, Juyeon to be exact.

She was sniffling, her shirt stained with tears. 

Her heart felt strained at the sight. 

“Mrs. Son...” She almost whispers. She just wanted to know where their son was. That is her job after all, the on-call nanny to a troubled family.

The taller woman looks up and wipes her tears as if that was enough to dry her face. “He’s in his room, thank you,” she says.

Chengxiao nods and quietly heads upstairs where the young boy’s bedroom was located. 

...

After tucking little Janghyuk into bed, the nanny makes her way downstairs to check up on the mother. It wasn’t part of her job responsibilities but her heart needed it. See, she was in the very cliché position of liking the mother. Outside of Mrs. Son deserving better, she was a genuinely kind and funny person. For a year now that Chengxiao has been working for their family, she’s realized that her job wasn’t the only thing that has her coming back to the Son’s residence. 

She finds the woman sitting in the kitchen, red wine in her hand. 

“Ma’am...should you really be drinking that right now?” She asks, concerned. 

The mother forces a small chuckle. “I told you, you can call me Juyeon...we’re the same age.”

Chengxiao shakes her head, disagreeing. If I call you that, I might get even closer to you and that isn’t good for me. 

“...I don’t know if he’s coming back.” Juyeon adds, her sadness evident. Even though she was always arguing with her husband, she can’t deny that she still fell in love with some of his qualities. 

Chengxiao was aware of this and it killed her because she knew that inside that hurt woman, was love for that horrible excuse of a husband and father. Juyeon was not looking for a knight in shining armor and even if she was, it would not be some average girl like me. She thought. 

She fetches her employer a glass of water and sets it in front of her. She sits next to Juyeon, waiting for her to drink. 

“You know you don’t have to pity me.” Juyeon suddenly says. 

This confuses the nanny. “I don’t pity you.” She replies. 

“Then why do you always look after me when you don’t have to?” The married woman asks. 

The question obviously tenses Chengxiao up. She didn’t know how to answer that. 

Silence. Juyeon takes a sip of her wine. 

“I wish my husband were like you.” 

With that remark, the chinese woman’s heart beats faster. She stands up from her seat and excuses herself. 

“I’ll get going.” She exclaims. 

“Wait,” Mrs. Son’s voice stops her.

Chengxiao stops walking towards the door. 

“Would you like to spend the night here?” 

The nanny turns around, a confused look on her face. Did I hear that right?

"It's the 25th tomorrow and I know you told me that you don't really celebrate Christmas but I think Janghyuk would be really happy if you stayed over, even if it is just 'till he opened his presents." The mother explains. Chengxiao's heart felt warm, she meant enough to Janghyuk that she was invited to their Christmas party. "It might even make up for Minhyuk not being here tomorrow." Mrs. Son continues. 

Chengxiao nodded her head. "I'll be back with my stuff, thank you." 

"No, thank you. Janghyuk will be really happy." Juyeon replies.

If I make little Janghyuk happy and he makes you happy, then that's enough for me.

To be continued...?