Starry night.

Eunxiao Oneshots

What a lovely night to be cuddled up next you. 

 

“This is nice.” The shorter girl comments.

 

“Mhmm.” Eunseo nods her head in agreement, tightening their back hug ever so slightly. She could feel the girl turn her head to talk. 

 

“You haven’t said much the past few minutes.” She observed, looking into the taller girl’s eyes.

 

Eunseo’s lips curl upwards. “You’re just really soft. I don’t know what else to say.” 

 

Chengxiao chuckles as she turns her gaze back at the stars. Eunseo’s heart melts at the sound of her small laughter. 

 

I think I’m in love. I wish I could tell you. 

 

“Since you’ve practiced on me and the other members, your future partner will love your hugs.” The chinese girl adds. The statement brings Eunseo back to earth. Bittersweet knots form in her stomach. The stars in the sky looking farther away. 

 

“I...I don’t think I’ll have to worry about that.” She replies honestly, her tone with a tinge of sadness. Her hands starting to sweat.

 

“Why not?” Xiao asks. 

 

Eunseo does not say anything back. She does not know how to explain to the younger girl that she’s scared. Scared of being herself, scared of loving a girl, scared of losing that girl. 

 

Can we just stay like this forever? 

 

Sensing that Eunseo did not want to talk, Chengxiao poses another question. 

 

“Have you ever been in love?” 

 

The question surprises Eunseo. I swear she’s reading my mind right now.

 

“...yeah. I have.” I am. Eunseo lets go of the back hug and smiles at Chengxiao. They lean on the rails of the rooftop, space existing between them now. 

 

“How did you know?” The younger girl sounded genuinely curious. 

 

Eunseo thinks carefully about it. Chengxiao staring at her face, waiting for an answer. 

 

“I knew when I would cheer up just thinking about them. When I did not want to let go of the hugs we shared. When I got lost in their eyes, every time they looked at me.” The lanky girl explains, returning Chengxiao’s gaze after. 

 

Chengxiao’s eyes does not wander. They stare at each other for a while, no longer watching the sky. For what it seems like the 100th time, Eunseo does get lost in her group member’s beautiful eyes. 

 

Is this too obvious? Does she know now? 

 

“Are you nervous?” The younger girl suddenly asks. 

 

“Yes.” Eunseo’s body feels like shutting down, she did not expect to be this close to confessing. She looks down at the floor, not being able to maintain eye contact any longer. The stars have transformed into the audience, waiting on what happens next.

 

Just then, she feels soft fingers lift her chin up. Chengxiao’s face was now only inches away and she has this longing look in her eyes. 

 

So close.

 

Eunseo’s mind shuts down and all she can concentrate on is her best friend’s lips. 

 

“It’s just us, Eunseo.” Xiao whispers. 

 

With that, Eunseo gains the courage to close the gap. Her arms pulling in Chengxiao and their lips locking softly. 

 

Chengxiao’s hands make their way to Eunseo’s face, caressing it. Their lips not wanting to separate. 

 

After a few more seconds of kissing, they finally pull away. 

 

Both dazed and hearts full. 

 

“I didn’t know.” Was all Eunseo could mutter. She felt so happy but it was a lot to take in. “Why did you ask me about a future partner then?” 

 

“I wanted to make sure.” Chengxiao reveals, showing that she was not as oblivious as Eunseo thought. 

 

Eunseo grins and hugs the girl in front of her tightly. The stars were now celebrating, twinkling brightly for the two young lovers.  

 

“Also you no longer have to worry, I already love your hugs.” Chengxiao’s joke successfully causes Eunseo to laugh. The full potential and volume of her voice showing itself after the night’s positive turn out.