Surprise

Set It Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Arghh! Dammit! WHY DO STUPID PEOPLE EXIST!"

Jennie sighed. It was another day in K Gaming, and yes, her boss screaming her head off at 8 in the morning was part of the norm around the office. She quickened her steps, balancing the cup of coffee and the stack of folders as she makes her way into her superior's office.

Now, there's one perfect word to describe her boss: she's a dragon. Greedy, fierce and will do anything, anything to rise to the top. And that boss of hers was the sole reason why K Gaming was able to beat all the other competitors out there and jump all the way to #1 on the list of gaming companies in just under a year. Kang Seulgi, the young but ruthless CEO of the company, is certainly a force to be reckoned with.

Just as she opened the door, she caught a chair whirling towards her and thank God she was able to duck just in time. She looked back for casualties. Seeing none, she proceeded as usual. 

"Good morning, boss. Got you your morning coffee. And here's the paperwork you asked me to do." She placed the cup on the desk along with the files. The woman was heaving, her nostrils flared. "This better be some good coffee Jennie." She seethed. Jennie's poor soul trembled, but her face remained positive.

Seulgi hissed, and Jennie thought she would die right then. "Double shot espresso with whip cream and matcha flakes." Seulgi calmed down, smiling. "Thanks, Jen. Can you give me a rundown of my schedule today?" 

Whenever Seulgi called her 'Jen', it means that crisis has been averted and Jennie gets to live another day. Relieved, Jennie pulls out her tablet. "Your niece's piano recital is at 10. Should I call your sister to-". Raising her hand, Seulgi cuts her off. "Nope, I don't have time for that. Just send them some flowers or something."

"Okay, well, you have a luncheon meeting with some new investors. And at 3 you'll be meeting with a fashion designer." Seulgi frowns. "A meeting with a fashion designer? What for?"

Jennie taps away and finds the email she's looking for. "Oh here it is. Remember that new game you just released? It's promotion period and the board decided to push through with the 'shoot a commercial' idea, and the costumes need a designer." 

Seulgi huffs. "What else?" Jennie scans her list once more. "There's a dinner date invite from a Baekhyun. Should I confirm?" Her boss scoffs, rolling her eyes. "The only thing you should confirm is that I'm not interested in that bratty, entitled brat that doesn't know what manners are. In fact, if you see another date invite, reject all of them. Am I clear? " 

Jennie nods, noting to create another rejection letter for him. Seulgi was highly sought after not only by men, but by women as well. Her stunning visuals were to die for, and people would throw themselves at her feet, mesmerized by her beauty. But she rejects them all, not giving a single about love. After all, what is love when you can have all the money and power in the world.

"Okay.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter