Sushi Thief

Set It Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dead.

That's what Jisoo is gonna be if she can't make it in time to deliver Irene's dinner. She's scrambling to find an open sushi bar this late at night.

Who the even wants sushi at 11 PM? Oh yeah, her boss. Yep, Bae Irene was Jisoo's boss. Jisoo has been working for her for the past 3 years as her personal secretary/assistant/safety net.

Irene was cold, insensitive, y and a grade-A workaholic. She never leaves her office and fires people randomly. Last week, she even fired an intern because she didn't like the color of his necktie.

Why does Jisoo still choose to work for her? One, because she's the top authority in Seoul's fashion scene, where fashion outlets would literally roll over on their bellies and beg to have them sell her pieces. Irene ran Xquisite, Seoul’s most successful and prominent fashion company.

You see, Jisoo was a college graduate with a degree on Fashion Design, and she hopes that one day, Irene would consider looking at her sketches, realize her talent and promote her.

Two, the pay was really good for a secretarial position. She couldn’t afford to quit now, both mentally and financially. Rental fees were really high in Seoul, and she needed all the money she could get.

Luckily, she found a little hole-in-the-wall sushi bar five blocks away from the office. By some miracle, it was still open. She rang the bell, and an old man came out from the kitchen. “Hello, uhm do you still have some sushi left?”

He gave her a wry smile. “I’m sorry miss, but a girl just cleaned out the last batch I made, and I’m afraid I can’t make more since I’m all out of ingredients.”

Alarm bells and red flags started going off in Jisoo’s head. MAYDAY! MAYDAY! CODE RED! WE’RE ED!

Jisoo was desperate. “Which way?” She asked the old man. “Excuse me?” He said, confused. She stopped by the door. “I meant, which way did she go? The girl that just bought all your sushi.”

“I’m not sure, but I think she went left.” And with that, Jisoo sprinted off into the night.

 

Jisoo lost all hope. She walked back to her building, defeated. In her imagination, she could already feel Irene’s cold voice. You’re fired. Pack your things and leave.

As she was nearing her office,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter