Plans Within Plans

Set It Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Soo..." Jennie started, twirling her straw in her iced mochaccino. Jisoo glared at her. "Shut up. Sushi thief." 

Jennie raised her eyebrows in return, chuckling. "You gotta let that go. Oh and by the way," she held her palm out. "pay up." Jisoo groaned. "I just... can't with you." Jennie shrugged, and looked at Jisoo expectantly.

Grumbling, Jisoo got a few bills out. "Here, exact amount. Oh and if you don't trust me, count it." Jennie just shrugged and pocketed the money. "Well, I'll trust you on that one. I feel you're the type who doesn't know how to lie."

"Oh gee, thanks." Jisoo replied sarcastically. She then notices the bags under Jennie's eyes. "You don't get to sleep that much either?" Jisoo asks, her curiousity getting the best of her. "Nope. Workaholic boss, sleep-deprived assistant." Jennie sighs.

Jisoo's eyes softens. "Hey, for what it's worth, you're not alone." she points to herself, smiling awkwardly. Cute, Jennie thinks to herself. "Yes, I can tell." she replies and takes a sip of her drink.

"Sooo, I think my boss has the hots for your boss." Jennie nods towards the table where Seulgi was practically drooling over Irene and Irene was visibly enjoying it. Jisoo frowns. "Well, goodluck to your boss. Ms. Bae has very high standards which means she has short-term relationships." Jennie scoffs. "Oh really. How short?" 

"The longest was about 2 months." Jisoo deadpans. "Oh damn." Jennie gulps visibly. "But those were the best 2 months in my whole time I spent being her assistant. She was nice, caring, didn't overwork me, and gave me gift certificates to the spa." Jisoo adds dreamily.

Jennie ponders for a bit, then it hit her. An idea from the heavens, like it was whispered by an angel. Jisoo just looked at her weirdly. "You okay there? You're spacing out."

Jennie shakes her head. "Yep, I'm fine. Say, your boss is single now, right?" she asks Jisoo, who nodded in reply. "I have this idea. It involves Seulgi and Irene." Jisoo opened to speak but was cut off immediately. "Wait, wait, hear me out for a bit, okay? So you said that for 2 months your life was practically stress-free because Irene was in a relationship, right?" Jisoo nods slowly. "But-" 

"And Seulgi has been single for quite a while." Jennie continues, cutting of Jisoo. "Which means she hasn't had her pipes cleaned in quite a while." Jennie winked. Jisoo made a disgusted face. "So if we make them, you know, "get together", we'll have our lives back. We can get our social lives back and sleep on time." Jen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter