Come over

Bittersweet Victory

That night Byul regret what she has done to herself, now her stomach was in a lot of pain and she has been barfing her insides for almost 2 hours straight. Well, not exactly 2 hours but she had been going back and forward from her room to the bathroom to throw up. Giving up sleep, she now sat down on the couch, head hanging back with her hands on her tummy.

Oh god, I shouldn’t have eaten that thing.

Yeah, as if regret will come first.

She walked to her counter beside the sink, looking for something to ease the pain. Please, anything. After rummaging the counter for a good 15 minutes and found nothing, she realized she’s ed.

Yeah, very funny universe.

Slumping down again on the couch, she was trying to put her mind to sleep. Not because she didn’t want to sleep in her comfy bed, but after going back and forward to the bathroom, the couch seemed so tempting in case she’s going to throw up again. She wiped the bead of sweats forming on her forehead and decided it’s time to call for help. Fishing her phone out from her pocket, she dialled a familiar number.

Hello? Unnie ?

Ah, Wheein-ah

What’s up?

Can you come over?

Eh, why? I’m with someone right now

Byul groaned. The pain in her stomach was rising up, making it harder to form a reply.

What’s wrong !? Wheein panicked after she heard a pained groan coming from the other side. Just stay there, I’m coming.

Byul, not bothered to end the line properly just slumped her arm holding the phone next to her. Trying to stay awake until Wheein arrived. She was sweating like crazy but her body kept shivering. She put a pillow on the couch and lay on her stomach, tried her best to ease the pain.


Knock knock knock

Seems like Wheein didn’t even use the bell and just straight up knocking on her apartment door. Byul raised up from her couch, hands still clutching her stomach, walking slowly to open the door.

“Hey ya there pup”

“Oh my god Unnie, you look terrible!”

Yeah, Byul indeed looks terrible with her bangs sticking to her forehead because of the sweat.

“Terrible ….” Breath. Glancing up. “and in love …” she managed to mumble the last part before her body giving out and just throwing her weight into Wheein’s arms.

“Terrible and hot! Not that hot but like a legit fever !”

“Is she okay?” Just then Wheein’s company peeked out, making herself known to the other two. She has a long dark brown hair, a little wavy at the end, a striped long-sleeve and ripped jeans hugging her body perfectly. There’s a visible mole under her right eyebrow.

“I think not, can you help me bring her inside?”

“Okay”

The two of them then held each of Byul’s arms and brought her inside to her couch. After Byul was settled up, Wheein’s company went back to close the door. Wheein, who obviously is used to Byul’s apartment, walking around to gather things she needs. She came back with a bowl of water and ice cubes, a towel, and a glass full of water. She then proceeded to check out Byul’s counter only to find it messy. Now she knew why she was called.

“What are we going to do now?” her company asked.

“I will go and buy some medicine and you can try to cool her down with this damp towel. And make sure she’s hydrated.”

The latter shook her head in disagreement. “How about me going out to buy the medicine? It’s dangerous out there.”

“Unnie, I know you’re trying to be a good Unnie but honestly, do you know this complex? Where is the drugstore ?” Again, the latter just shook her head. Her expression was so cute that Wheein couldn’t help but smile. “And I don’t want to risk you get lost in the middle of the night. We both know you’re bad at direction. Like, really bad.”

After hearing no more complaints from the other one, Wheein smiled in satisfaction.

“Do your job well! and if I happen to need help, I’ll call !” and she’s gone like the wind

With that said, the latter then went back inside the apartment. She didn’t know who this sick girl was and vice versa so she just sat down awkwardly and tried to do the job Wheein gave her. She placed the damp towel on her forehead when suddenly a hand grabbed her. Startled, she let out a squeak.

“You’re Wheein’s friend right?”

Nod.

“I’m cold. Get my blanket. It’s in my room. There’s a sign with my name on the door. And the hand went slump again.”

She got up and walk to the said door. There’s a name tag hanging on the door. Moonstar. “Pardon me ….”

When she entered she was greeted with a delicious feminine scent. A peach scent. There’s a white bookcase with a very organized content standing proudly beside the table. Guess the owner of the room loves to read. The table, however, is a little bit messy with all the paper and markers scattering around. Other than that, it’s quite a tidy room with your bedroom essentials like a wardrobe, mirror, bed, blanket, and pillows.

Requested item spotted! She grabbed the blanket and return to the living room where the owner was laying helplessly to cover her.

“Before you sleep, you need to drink first. Come on, get up.” Smiling because the owner was obedient enough to get up and finished the glass of water, she unconsciously patted her head.

In fact, Byul really wanted to comment on the patting incident. What the ? Did she think I’m a kid or something? But due to her situation, she was too tired to make any comment. Her head was throbbing too much to think of a clever spat.

“Get some rest. I will wait for Wheein.”

And off to dreamland, she went.